Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #1
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Anyone else having a hard time being excited about the new season?

Opening night in the NBA is one of my favorite days of the year. I don't care who's playing on TV, I'll watch just because the NBA is back.

This year, I've really had to try hard to even be excited about basketball again. I've chalked it up to a few things.

1. I've invested too much time and emotion into a league that I just can't see as that credible anymore.

2. I'm still harboring bitterness about the way the Suns were bounced out of the playoffs.

3. I don't feel any great hope of my team winning the championship, which is hard to get used after the passed 3 years. I have no faith in our front office.

4. I'm just busier than I ever have been. Something has to take a backseat, and in this case, basketball might just be that thing.

I've really had to force myself to watch games. Maybe it will change as the year goes on.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Anyone else having a hard time being excited about the new season?

I just sat down and logged onto ISH.....
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #3
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
This year, I've really had to try hard to even be excited about basketball again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
I've really had to force myself to watch games. Maybe it will change as the year goes on.

That's not the case with me.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Then I decided to type the previous post....as well as this one....
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247

Wtf are you crying about? The Suns get slaughtered on opening night and you give up? What about last year? If Amare had a brain he wouldn't have left the bench. Boo Hooo a Phoenix Sun fan crying. Does Phoenix even have real fans? Most pathetic ISH post ever.
#1. Phoenix won opening night.

#2. Not whining at all. Just hate the way the season ended. I've posted before that Amare and Boris shouldn't have left the bench.

#3. Tim Donaghy tainted the sport IMO.

Last edited by Rab : 11-06-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know how you feel. It's just what happens when you have a team that you know what you're gonna get from. Your dissapointment in our off-season moves adds to it too.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #7
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

no. i'm a celtics fan, a bulls fan, and a melo / ai fan. i haven't been this excited about the nba in a long time.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
#1. Phoenix won opening night.

#2. Not whining at all. Just hate the way the season ended. I've posted before that it Amare and Boris shouldn't have left the bench.

#3. Tim Donaghy tainted the sport IMO.
*Home opener. Tim Donaghy had nothing to do with Phoenix not winning last year. History has proven that teams that play 0 defense do not win championships. Your attitude is one of a bandwagon fan. When the going get tough the bandwagon fans get going. I was not looking forward to this season either but I watched every single Laker game so far and the last two games have taken me by surprise. I did not quit or go cry to my momma. I could have given up already during the off season.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #9
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
I know how you feel. It's just what happens when you have a team that you know what you're gonna get from. Your dissapointment in our off-season moves adds to it too.
I've enjoyed watching the Suns again, but not like I have in the past. I remember previous years where I was chomping at the bit to get the season going.

Like I said, I'm sure it will all change as the year goes on.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #10
e20dyl4n
Local High School Star

e20dyl4n has an OK reputation so far

its obvious you are just mad because there is no need to even watch the season for a suns fan because the spurs are gonna mop the floor with them like we do every year! then dantoni and stoudamire cry a lil and repeat process. anyone else notice how much dantoni whines? i think hes the biggest whiner coach in the NBA
e20dyl4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #11
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Uhh, their whole franchise and fans are the same. Whine whine whine.....
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #12
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Uggh. I don't know why I am even going to bother, but oh well.

Quote:
Tim Donaghy had nothing to do with Phoenix not winning last year. History has proven that teams that play 0 defense do not win championships.

You are automatically assuming that I am blaming Tim Donaghy for the Suns loss. : Hardly. In fact, I only saw one call that could be considered controversial in that game that he actually made. Don't go assuming things. The fact that he bet on the NBA and could have affected outcomes of different games left a sour taste in my mouth.

Quote:
Your attitude is one of a bandwagon fan. When the going get tough the bandwagon fans get going. I was not looking forward to this season either but I watched every single Laker game so far and the last two games have taken me by surprise. I did not quit or go cry to my momma.

Hardly. It's just taken me longer than usual to get pumped up. I've watched every Suns game so far. They're still 2-1. Not playing well, but they're winning. I'm not ready to give up on basketball or the Suns. Again, you are trying to turn a camp fire into a raging inferno. No need to.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:37 PM   #13
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow so much hate in this thread which is surprising because it's a legit topic from a respected poster. Rab aint no bandwagon fan everyone.

Which brings me to this question??? Who is hated more this year? Dallas fans or Phornix fans?? I hope its Dallas fans because I dont see much whining from Suns fans.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:37 PM   #14
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
+1

We don't give a ****.

Those are just pampered fans.
The team didn't do so well in the playoffs and now they have a hard time getting pumped for the season. Get out of here.

Piss off. As a mavs fan I can relate, the season doesnt start for the mavs/suns until the playoffs. Also, college takes up a lot of my time as well and its hard to find time to watch games.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:41 PM   #15
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Wow so much hate in this thread which is surprising because it's a legit topic from a respected poster. Rab aint no bandwagon fan everyone.

Which brings me to this question??? Who is hated more this year? Dallas fans or Phornix fans?? I hope its Dallas fans because I dont see much whining from Suns fans.
Well, when you look at the posters who are replying, it's not hard to see why the negative responses would be there. It just gives them a chance to flame the Suns and their fans. I don't mind.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: