Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #1
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Emeka "the max player" Okafor update

0 pts 7 reb 1 blk in a blowout loss with Boris Diaw and Sean Marks guarding him.

when are NBA players going to realize that irrational contract demands just come around and slap them in the face? it's karma. I mean, that in addition to making me hate you and root for you to have games like this, which nobody wants.

one more bobcats-related issue:

To those in the know: why doesn't Walter Herrmann play anymore??! so that Caroll and McInnis can contribute invaluably? what? that guy is the ****, he's got by far the dopest swag since Dr. J, and he was getting 30 point games last year. now they get a new coach and all of a sudden people like "J. Davidson" and "J. Dudley" are getting all his minutes?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
ekzistenz
Decent playground baller

ekzistenz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Emeka "the max player" Okafor update

Yeah you know something's wrong when a guy called Dudley is getting are getting playing time over Walter "the Man" Hermann.
ekzistenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 AM   #3
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekzistenz
Yeah you know something's wrong when a guy called Dudley is getting are getting playing time over Walter "the Man" Hermann.
Hey, I was really happy with Dudley coming back from his injury. He is one of my sleepers from this last draft
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:11 AM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Hey, I was really happy with Dudley coming back from his injury. He is one of my sleepers from this last draft
Congrats for being the only Dudley fantasy owner in the world.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:16 AM   #5
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Congrats for being the only Dudley fantasy owner in the world.
Nah, I don't play fantasy. Though I'm kind of missing it, but last league I played in everybody was inactive after 3 months.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 AM   #6
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Jermario Davidson AND Jared Dudley got minutes? Man I would kick a baby to have seen those 2 play.

DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:23 AM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah I was suprised that dudley had a line. Im interested to see if hell make the transition. still hermann should def be in the depth chart above him. nagging injury or anything? inactive for some other reason.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:28 AM   #8
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Okafor, Ben Gordon and Luol Deng are posterboys for why a player should just take the money sometimes.

All three are on the verge of losing millions right now.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:55 AM   #9
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

They deserve to anyhow. None of them are worth anything close to max which is what they want. Okafor should get about 9-10 per, Deng should get 8-9 and Gordon should also get around 7-9 tops.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 AM   #10
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Deng should get 8-9
8-9 = a 5 yr 40-45 mil contract.

I think that's a lil low. I might start off with that. I'd probably offer 50 mil right off the bat.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:37 AM   #11
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Not too different from Chris Bosh's line tonight. The Bobcats got jumped early; even the non-garbage time wasn't all that significant.

Davidson didn't seem tall by NBA standards (and he didn't show any skills on offense), but he has a good wingspan and he's springy. Dudley had a lot of hustle--he was on a different level from his teammates--and did most of his damage picking up garbage and creating for himself from mid-range and in.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:45 AM   #12
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Okafor doesnt necessarily deserve max bucks, but compared to what other bigs are making in the league, it wouldnt be too much of a surprise to me. Other than tonight, when healthy, he has been very consistent on boards and blocks and has a somewhat decent post game. When you look around the league and see guys like Dalembert, Curry have all been paid 50+ million based on their potential. Okafor is a huge part of Cat's future. They have a nice solid nucleus and he will be needed for their success. Not saying he should get max bucks, but he wouldnt be grossly overpaid if he got it.

Gordon does not deserve big bux. Out of Okafor, Deng and Gordon, Gordon will be the one regretting most leaving the big bux on the table. I dont think we are going to see much improvement in Gordon. He is pretty much what he is. Deng I see improving into superstar status. Hes really the only one that has a lot of upside. If Deng has a good season, I see him getting big bucks. But I think what the Bulls offered Gordon is the most hes gonna be offered next season so it doesnt make sense for him to not take it.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:01 AM   #13
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think there will always be some team that will overspend on a player. Someone will end up paying the dollars to Gordon or Okafor or whoever, whether it's the team they're on who'll be afraid to lose them or some other team who'll make a stupid offer so the offer isn't match because they're a RFA.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:37 AM   #14
ekzistenz
Decent playground baller

ekzistenz has an OK reputation so far

Didn't Okafor get an $85 million contract? At this stage of his career I reckon he's worth about the same as what Al Jefferson got, especially since he's such an injury prone player.
ekzistenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:21 AM   #15
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

So wait now we wait for a player to have a bad game then make a thread about why he doesnt deserve max? Where were the Okafor threads after our other 2 games (both wins mind you) when Meka put up 17, 4 and 5 blocks and followed it up with 16 and 13 against Shaq and the Heat? This is a garbage, agenda-driven thread only meant to take a shot at dude, when his only crime is not accepting a contract extension. And honestly the worst part is him not accepting the deal is good for us because it saves our cap space and allows us to a free agent before re-signing him which actually would give us a chance to be over the cap for the first time in team history. Guess on ISH I should expect people not to see the big picture though.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: