Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-24-2006, 06:43 PM   #1
Greg Anthony
I airball my layups

Greg Anthony has no real reputation yet.
Default New trade Idea

This is a simplier trade but I think it's great for both teams

Lakers get
Rashard Lewis
Earl Watson
2007 2nd Rd Pick

Seattle get
Lamar Odom
Aaron McKie
Brian Cook

The Money fits perfectly

The lakers get a faster,quicker better shooting version of Lo in Rashard Lewis also a starter in Earl Watson

The Sonics get Lo one of the most versitile players ever to play in the league a great shooting big man like they had with vladimir a couple years ago and they get a expiring contract in aaron mckie.

Create similar trade scenarios I want to see how creative and smart you guys are.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

I won't do that trade. Not a fan of Rashard. he is just an expensive version of VladRad. I would rather have Odom. Watson doesn't make it worth it, esp letting Cook go.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:12 PM   #3
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

The last thing the Lakers need is another point guard. Our perimeter shooting improves, but we'll miss Odom's ballhandling, passing, and playmaking ability. Also, I don't think Rashard can play the 4 like Odom can. This also leaves Seattle thin at the pg position and there is a question about how well Odom and Ridnour can coexist.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anthony

Lakers get
Rashard Lewis
Earl Watson
2007 2nd Rd Pick

Seattle get
Lamar Odom
Aaron McKie
Brian Cook

The Money fits perfectly

The lakers get a faster,quicker better shooting version of Lo in Rashard Lewis also a starter in Earl Watson

The Sonics get Lo one of the most versitile players ever to play in the league a great shooting big man like they had with vladimir a couple years ago and they get a expiring contract in aaron mckie.

Create similar trade scenarios I want to see how creative and smart you guys are.

All right GA, here ya go. i believe the math works. This trade is predicated on the assumption that Philly wants to rebuild with quality youth and Boston really wants Iverson...

Philly gets
Kwame Brown
Al Jefferson
Ryan Gomes
Brian Scalabrine (to round out $$)

Lakers get
Wally S
Sebastion Telfair

Boston gets
Iverson
Aaron McKie (1yr contract filler)
Brian Cook (1 yr contract filler)

What say you?
Old 07-24-2006, 07:54 PM   #5
dblockallstars

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Lakers get
Rashard Lewis
Earl Watson
2007 2nd Rd Pick

Seattle get
Lamar Odom
Aaron McKie
Brian Cook

The Money fits perfectly

Lewis is better than Odom. Watson is better than Cook. McKie has no gas. Why would Seattle ever make this trade??
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:58 PM   #6
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far
Default Give me some of that green

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
Lewis is better than Odom. Watson is better than Cook. McKie has no gas. Why would Seattle ever make this trade??
There is no way Lewis is better than odom I got a lighter pass it over!
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #7
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Lewis is not better than Odom. Lewis can't pass. Lewis can't rebound. Lewis can only play one position. He CAN run. He CAN shoot the 3. Decent defender.
Not versitile.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 PM   #8
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
All right GA, here ya go. i believe the math works. This trade is predicated on the assumption that Philly wants to rebuild with quality youth and Boston really wants Iverson...

Philly gets
Kwame Brown
Al Jefferson
Ryan Gomes

Lakers get
Wally S
Sebastion Telfair

Boston gets
Iverson

What say you?

Don't see why anyone but Boston would do that trade. Philly gives up Iverson to get three more projects who don't have much of an offensive game and an overpaid bigman. Plus they don't have anyone to play the point. Lakers don't need another back-up point in Telfair. And Wally is just a shorter quicker version of Vlad. We also lose two of our bigmen which will leave Turiaf and Bynum as our backups, which is not a good thing.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #9
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'd only include odom in a trade that brings us a guy named kevin garnett.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:17 PM   #10
dblockallstars

Quote:
Lewis is not better than Odom. Lewis can't pass. Lewis can't rebound. Lewis can only play one position. He CAN run. He CAN shoot the 3. Decent defender.
Not versitile.

I love Odom but if anything they're even. Lamar is terrific rebounder and good passer. His offensive game is inconsistent at best. I remember one half time show on ESPN they were debating the whole 30 mins what was his greatest strength - whether he was a post player or a perimeter player... and all they could agree on is that he causes match up problems... but Odom's nice...
Old 07-24-2006, 11:27 PM   #11
Greg Anthony
I airball my layups

Greg Anthony has no real reputation yet.

Quote:

Philly gets
Kwame Brown
Al Jefferson
Ryan Gomes

Lakers get
Wally S
Sebastion Telfair

Boston gets
Iverson

What say you?

I'm not a big fan of Wally but if we could get Sebastian Telfair that would be great sebastian,kobe,lamar odom,luke walton that would be the best combination of playmakers in the nba and wally is a better allround player than Vlad. so I would do it but we gotta keep Kwame in this trade he is too valuble to our team.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:32 PM   #12
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
Don't see why anyone but Boston would do that trade. Philly gives up Iverson to get three more projects who don't have much of an offensive game and an overpaid bigman. Plus they don't have anyone to play the point. Lakers don't need another back-up point in Telfair. And Wally is just a shorter quicker version of Vlad. We also lose two of our bigmen which will leave Turiaf and Bynum as our backups, which is not a good thing.

Qwerty...the premise it Philly rebuilding...they get lots of great young talent.
Telfair is NOT another backup. He is a starter. Vlad could come off the bench for both Odom and Wally. Losing Cook is a non-issue. What, you think Cook is money?
Old 07-24-2006, 11:37 PM   #13
dblockallstars

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of Wally but if we could get Sebastian Telfair that would be great sebastian,kobe,lamar odom,luke walton that would be the best combination of playmakers in the nba and wally is a better allround player than Vlad. so I would do it but we gotta keep Kwame in this trade he is too valuble to our team.

I think Kwame is expendable because Mihm is the better blocker and scorer... and it would eliminate the little clog we have at the 5. We'd have a lot of offense w/ either Wally or Radman coming of the bench. I don't kno where Telfair fits in b/c Phil doesn't like small guards and I don't think his j is that nice... so????? Plus I'm not sure he's betta than Smush as an overall player... and the Celts said they didn't trade telfair just to give him up... but I kno if the right deal came, that they'd take it.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:45 AM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Um, no way in hell do I do this trade....
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:30 AM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
I love Odom but if anything they're even. Lamar is terrific rebounder and good passer. His offensive game is inconsistent at best. I remember one half time show on ESPN they were debating the whole 30 mins what was his greatest strength - whether he was a post player or a perimeter player... and all they could agree on is that he causes match up problems... but Odom's nice...

Well Odom can defend other Sf's and PF's.
Rashard desnt play D at all and just shoots threes.

I enjoyed it when Kobe swatted the crap outta him this year. But sorry Odom is way more talented than Lewis is.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: