Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
cornellunited
I hit open layups

cornellunited has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade(s) advice

I am punting the assist category in order to become very strong in others. In that vein, I want to trade TJ Ford and possibly Kevin Garnett. The trade I was considering for Ford is straightup for Deng. Deng will give me a high % game with rebs at the G position as well as steals and low TO's. Is that a good idea, or is there someone else out there better than Deng at the G position for what I need.

Also, Garnett is an absolute stud, but I don't need his high # of assists because it will be in vain without any help. Thinking of trading him for Marion + 1 if possible...any ideas of what to do with an absolute beast of a fantasy player when you don't need one of the categories that makes him so good? Thanks for your help in advance. Here is my team

It is a 10 team, 9 cat, h2h league with a 3g, 3f, 1c, 2 utility setup

T.J. Ford
Ray Allen
Kevin Garnett
Rashard Lewis
David West
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Caron Butler
LaMarcus Aldridge
Gerald Wallace
Raja Bell
Antonio McDyess
Cuttino Mobley
Daniel Gibson

Last edited by cornellunited : 11-09-2007 at 03:10 PM.
cornellunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trade(s) advice

You're crazy for even thinking about giving up KG. Why not just trade for another PG? Even dropping McDysse and picking up Calderon will give you chance to be competive in the assist cat.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
cornellunited
I hit open layups

So you don't think I should punt the assist category? If that was the case I would keep ford and pick up someone else for assists? Any ideas who to trade and for who? I was pretty intent to get rid of Ford for Deng and then shop Garnett around until I landed a good deal somehow
Old 11-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
bbplaya21
I hit open layups

bbplaya21 has an OK reputation so far

I'd have to agree with bigkingsfan.

If your not concerned about the assists category, why would you get rid of KG given what he contributes to points, rebounds, blocks, etc? It would make more sense to get rid of those PG's.
bbplaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
cornellunited
I hit open layups

Look at my pointguards. I need to play 3 and the ones I have are 3 point shooters with high % low TO games. Allen, Bell, and Gibson(picked up yesterday) are all 3 point shooters, none are assist machines except TJ Ford. So it wouldn't make sense to trade them as they fit into what I'm trying to do. Garnett is a monster obviously, but part of that is because he averages 20 pts, 10 rebs, and around 8 assists, along with the blocks and steals and everything else that makes him good obviously. Marion is a similar player, shoots 3's, gets blocks and steals like a madman. His value isn't tied to his assists like Garnett's, make sense?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:11 AM   #6
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

LakersFO has an OK reputation so far

Punting assists: Whether you choose to gain or lose assists, your team could easily go both ways with a little effort. BKFan stragtegy needs more work than the punting idea.

TJ
KG
Butler
Dwest
Wallace and allen couple a night

+ one or two more is cool. At least gives you a fighting chance.

Don't trade KG no matter what you decide. Who really cares about his assists? Nothing is better than KG. NOTHING!!!! Maybe a sick 2-4-1 deal.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #7
cornellunited
I hit open layups

Yeah, the ONLY way I would ever get rid of KG is if I got a sick 2 for 1 deal for him. But you're right I'm not sure what I want to do about my assists. I have an excess of forwards so I could easily trade butler, west, wallace, etc, for a top end point guard. Tough decisions, I'm glad I already have a good team and am set to be either 14-4 or 15-3 after this week
Old 11-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #8
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

LakersFO has an OK reputation so far

You will figure something out.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: