Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-24-2006, 10:45 PM   #1
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default when does brian grant's contract ends?

and who are the good free agents available on that year? i was wondering when we could be real players on the fre agent market :)
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:00 PM   #2
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

It runs out after this season but we won't be able to afford a max player as Kupcake planned b/c we exercised Kwame's option and now with Radman in the fold I don't think we'll have anything close to even $7 mil under the cap... Kupcake realized after a strong showing in the playoffs that we can win now and don't have to wait for that savior so I think he scrapped that initial plan of his.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:03 PM   #3
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so $7m? can you add up the MLE to that or is it just for a separate signing?
Old 07-24-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
dblockallstars

I'm not sure we'll even be under the cap and no u can't add the midlevel to it if we had any...
Old 07-24-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

ok, thanks. i guess bynum will have to improve sooner then. heh
Old 07-24-2006, 11:20 PM   #6
dblockallstars

yeh he'll need more than 1mpg or w/e he got last year.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:49 AM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yes, we are strapped with grant's contract and even when it expires in 2007, we won't have a lot of room to sign a marquee player. it will have to be through creative trades, which cupcake sucks at! so, unless another GM proposes a deal, we won't be seeing anything from the lakers.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:11 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

But lets say we have some money about 5 mill.
then with the mle we can sign a couple of good bench guys.
I will tell u this we would have much better depth as if already dont now.
We have a very good bench.
Mihm, Bynum, Turiaf, Cook, Farmar, Sasha, farmar, and luke walton.
I say we have all the depth in the world.
Now we need one more starter that can average 15 + ppg, or at least a player that can completely shut down other great gaurds in this league because Kobe is getting just a bit older on Defense.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:40 AM   #9
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

i wish he can be all-defensive first team again..but i don't think he can with the way he's using up all his energy on offense right now
Old 07-25-2006, 08:18 AM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
We have a very good bench.
Mihm, Bynum, Turiaf, Cook, Farmar, Sasha, farmar, and luke walton.
I say we have all the depth in the world.

I am not convinced of the Lakers bench... depth is what we lack and there's not a whole lot of change since last year. So for me, the jury is still out.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:21 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I am not convinced of the Lakers bench... depth is what we lack and there's not a whole lot of change since last year. So for me, the jury is still out.

I honestly think we have great depth in some positions. The center position especially and also we have a bunch of swing men that can all play multiple positions from the 1 to the 3.

I honestly think our starting lineup just lacks 1 dominant Post Player at the PF pos.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:13 PM   #12
dblockallstars

Mihm is a legitimate starting center so if we can get him to come off the bench willingly that'll be good. We started Cook a bunch of games last yr n now he can come off the bench for instant offense... sasha can make a jumper here and there... turiaf's energy is also good. Luke is a good facilitator so the bench is decent, we're not like the Spurs w/ a Finley on the bench or MIami w/ Mourning or any of those teams w/ actual stars on the bench

Last edited by dblockallstars : 07-25-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:29 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Thats why I thought we should make Rad Man our 6th man because he can average 12+ off the bench.

to start I would put Odom at the 4 and Walton at the 3.

They can both facilitate well. Walton might be a better facilitator than odom though.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:51 PM   #14
dblockallstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Thats why I thought we should make Rad Man our 6th man because he can average 12+ off the bench.

to start I would put Odom at the 4 and Walton at the 3.

They can both facilitate well. Walton might be a better facilitator than odom though.

Except that we promised Vlade the starting gig that's why he refused an identical offer from the Clips. I don't think making him unhappy so early would be a good idea cuz he left 2 teams in 1 year so he's quick 2 make his frustrations known
Old 07-26-2006, 04:44 AM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Did we honestly promise him a starting spot? because when I read the article it was because we garunteed him a lot of minutes But I wasnt sure about the whole starting thing.

But thats the good thing abut Walton. he comes fresh off the bench.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: