Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 11-10-2007, 05:01 AM   #1
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Memphis @ Portland Gamethread

Ok, I didn't see the game, so I can't give my full interpretation of it. But I did read on the main forum that we gave up a 15 point lead to lose by 12, that's a 27 point swing in favor of Portland. I don't even have to of watched the game to understand that, that is absolutely horrible defense. Ivaroni serriously needs to address their defense in the training sessions, Memphis have a damn good offense but their defense is just terrible, something needs to be done.

Anyway, I see Gay had a pretty good game, 31 points and 3 rebounds. Was expecting a little more from Darko on the offensive end, rebounding wise he was fine, 10 rebounds in 30 minutes. I was also expecting more from Mike Miller, only 3 of 12 from FG.

How do you guys feel we will fair this season? Just looking at the Southwest Division standings and it seems like the other 4 teams are all hot at the moment. Memphis needs to get things rolling soon, I know it's still early, but the other teams have got of to a very good start. Am I just worring and things will be fine or do things need to change?
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Memphis @ Portland Gamethread

rudy gay played well, mike conley had some nice plays, stro was pretty active but he didnt play much.

on the other hand.. pau, mike miller, and darko were all horrible. pau has been playing really extra soft lately.

the team has disappointed me overall, i didnt think they would be great, but man they are one of the worst teams in the L at this point imo. hopefully things will turn around but im not sure.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

why is navarro warming somuch bench?he looked good in pre-season,its not like he has had a ton of minutes.Why is Gasol so good in the first halves and then fades in the second halves? 19 points all in the first half?
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

lol why is he warming so much bench? maybe he has a big ass.

j/k. the best way to say that is "why is he warming the bench so much?"
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:30 AM   #5
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Even knowing that Pau is not playing so well, I don't understand why he plays less than 30 minutes each game. Memphis basically have three offensive weapons: Rudy, Miller and Pau. And Pau is the only one that plays inside. How do you expect to find open looks for the outside shooting if you don't have a threat inside the paint?
Iavaroni should look also to his bench and see that Tarence deserves the opportunity to show what he can do. He should be far above Casey Jacobsen in the rotation but now is getting much fewer minutes.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
Even knowing that Pau is not playing so well, I don't understand why he plays less than 30 minutes each game. Memphis basically have three offensive weapons: Rudy, Miller and Pau. And Pau is the only one that plays inside. How do you expect to find open looks for the outside shooting if you don't have a threat inside the paint?
Iavaroni should look also to his bench and see that Tarence deserves the opportunity to show what he can do. He should be far above Casey Jacobsen in the rotation but now is getting much fewer minutes.
I completely agree, maybe because I'm a Kinsey homer, but that's besides the point. He should be getting the minutes he deserves, so far he's only played 2 minutes of one game and picked up 1 foul in those 2 minutes. Are you f**king kidding me, that's all he gets?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #7
berraco
Darko The Ripper

He showed last year a lot of energy in both ends of the court, and the Grizzlies really need that. The defense is getting worse each day and Kinsey proved he can defend much better than many of the guards in the roster.

Last edited by berraco : 11-12-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Which is exactly why he should be played. His energy, at both ends of the court, is greatly needed at the moment. I hope Ivaroni opens his eyes and starts giving Kinsey some more minutes.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #9
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kinsey should play, i agree with you guys, but right now i dont expect coach I to do anything right. so far this team is a complete **** up. the gaurds are ball hogging like crazy. darko and stro are wide the **** open under the basket, and the gaurds dont bother to pass. pau gets the ball and forces some crap shot. this team is all about gaurds going 1 on 1 right now.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #10
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Yeah, that guard 1 on 1 ish needs to stop. Get that ball in the post and bang it inside for 2 points, non of this fancy 1 on 1 crap. Pau needs to take his time inside not forcing up shots.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #11
berraco
Darko The Ripper

It seems Iavaroni should reconsider a lot of things, then. The team seemed good during the preseason, and there is talent enough to win more than 35 games this year. In fact, a lot of people (not only Grizzlies fans) thought the team could be a contender for the last playoff spot in the West. But with no defense and no team-ball that's not gonna work.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: