Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 11-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
wally_world
M0derator

Default 2007-2008 Suns predicitons

is it our year? things are not looking good for us so far... but Nash and crew will step it up... Phoenix's still my favourite team and my favourites as well for NBA Champions!

Nash is really on fire these few games... but im not expecting him to be the 1st option for the rest of the season... im expecting him to shoot less once Amare is back to his healthy self and start playing his 12apg basketball... expecting a 18/11 from the 2 time MVP!

Bell's off to a slow start offensively... partially because Barbosa is getting more minutes... i will expect him to step down and become a role defender instead of an offensive weapon... expecting 9+ppg from the All-Defensive 1st teamer while shooting a high % from downtown...

Hill played really well in the preseason and has brought over some of that spark to the season... still expecting him to play Point-Forward over Diaw... i predict a 14/5/5 from the former who knows how many times All-Star...

Marion seems to be playing very well with Amare's minutes reduced due to injury... if he continues to rebound, play D, catch lobs and throw them down for the team, im not expecting him to get traded mid-season... and i hope he can continue to shoot that high % he's shooting from the field now... 17/11/2/3/3 and he goes on to win DPOY!

Amare's off to a slow start due to his injury... as soon as he regains his explosiveness im expecting the old Amare back... figure he'll still be our 1st option... but he's got to watch his shot-selection, play good low-post defence and learn to pass out when doubled... expecting 20/10 from the All NBA 1st teamer...

Barbosa's still the 6th man but he's gradually getting more minutes... there's no problem with him scoring but he needs to work on his D to sevure him a starting spot... expecting 17ppg from the 6MOY...

Diaw's minutes have been reduced since Hill's arrival... still expecting him to contribute off the bench... he doesn't need to score much, but he has to play defence as a big man off the bench... expecting 7/5/4 from the former MIP...

Skinner's the next "Kurt Thomas"... likewise, he doesn't need to score, decent rebounding and lots of non-statisticable defence i will expect from him...

Banks showed alot of hype in some of Phoenix's games... he now needs to make full use of his limited minutes... but im expecting a little more from the rookies rather than Banks...

Tucker hasn't played much but his atleticism will benefit Phoenix's system alot... he needs to further prove himself by finishing down low and better mid-range shooting... and he'll get more minutes gradually...

Strawberry hasn't got much attention from the coaching staff since his game winning trey in the preseason... would expect alot from this young dude... his defence should get him more minutes than Banks to back-up Nash... he should also pass more to be a better PG...

62-20 for Phoenix!!! and then go on to win the franchise's 1st championship!!!

GO SUNS!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:41 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

Default Re: 2007-2008 Suns predicitons

BUMP

no other people making predictions???!!!

this forum is COLD...
Old 11-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

Do you post in every team forum?
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

You know, i saw an interesting stat the other day on the TV...when Nash has a lot of assists and not a lot of points, the suns win...as opposed to when he's forced to score 20+ they lose...

i think they're a really fast team and i see a little more defense from them than last season, we won't really be able to judge about the championship until amare decides to stop being such a stupid black hole and making dumb decisions.
he also needs to step up his defense, but if he can do that and stop thinkin he's the best at everything, then this team can go there.
they're SUPER FAST
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #5
Manphibian420
very nice

Quote:
we won't really be able to judge about the championship until amare decides to stop being such a stupid black hole and making dumb decisions.
This is BS. Amare is taking the same shots now he always has as one of the dominant finishers in the league, the difference is purely in his lift/strength not being all the way back. In situations he'd normally take the contact and finish with no problem, that contact is knocking him down. That won't continue. Those shots that can look ugly right now are an automatic 2+ points (often with the foul) in 3 months. We don't want Amare to change his game and stop taking those shots just because he may not finish at as high a rate for a while, we want him to play the same game he will be playing by the end of the year, and if he misses some shots so be it. The goal of this basketball team is to peak in the playoffs and win a title, not play as well as possible in November.
I don't know how someone who has followed this team at least since before Nash came back (ie not bandwagoners) can watch Amare and not see that he's just playing his normal game, and that those "dumb" shots are an automatic 2 points a few months from now.
Manphibian420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #6
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash4eva!gosuns
You know, i saw an interesting stat the other day on the TV...when Nash has a lot of assists and not a lot of points, the suns win...as opposed to when he's forced to score 20+ they lose...

i think they're a really fast team and i see a little more defense from them than last season, we won't really be able to judge about the championship until amare decides to stop being such a stupid black hole and making dumb decisions.
he also needs to step up his defense, but if he can do that and stop thinkin he's the best at everything, then this team can go there.
they're SUPER FAST

Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #7
Manphibian420
very nice

lol run&fun, are you applauding the statement or the use of the word they're that you highlighted?
(I say lol because it looks like it's the latter which I think is funny, not because I think it's laughable to support the statement)
Old 11-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDurant24
Do you post in every team forum?

kind of? you have something against that? come on... ISH has to heat up~
Old 11-20-2007, 10:18 PM   #9
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manphibian420
lol run&fun, are you applauding the statement or the use of the word they're that you highlighted?
(I say lol because it looks like it's the latter which I think is funny, not because I think it's laughable to support the statement)

I was indeed applauding the correct use of they're. Rather than their, there ect.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:19 PM   #10
Maniak
TJ Warren

I think they will step it up this year with a decent record. And i agree with whoever said they are doing good when nash throws in assist and not points. its nice when he can throw in the odd layup, jumpshot, and three...but hes more of the playmaker. and having guys like marion, hill, and stoudamaire(sp?) gives him alot of help. i hope they make it to finals, altho thats....pretty unlikely with pistons and celtics, but u never no.

and personally....i dont think celtics will do too too well in playoff time
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #11
Suns520
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
I think they will step it up this year with a decent record. And i agree with whoever said they are doing good when nash throws in assist and not points. its nice when he can throw in the odd layup, jumpshot, and three...but hes more of the playmaker. and having guys like marion, hill, and stoudamaire(sp?) gives him alot of help. i hope they make it to finals, altho thats....pretty unlikely with pistons and celtics, but u never no.

and personally....i dont think celtics will do too too well in playoff time

Well we are stacked up in a very good western conference. The spurs mavs and nuggets are all gonna be tough. But if amare can play like he has recently and the bench produce we will have a shot. Now if we make it to the finals we will have to deal with either the pistons or the celtics, and i would rather play the celtics personally because the pistons are expierenced and their chemestry is arguably the best in the league. They have already won a championship together and of course this is only the first year of the "big 3" playing together.
Suns520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:05 PM   #12
Manphibian420
very nice

The Pistons as a franchise have won a title, but they had Ben Wallace near his prime in the middle and Larry Brown coaching. I'm not so sure they have any real advantage vs Boston, though I'd probably pick them to win that series right now.

On an unrelated note, please change your avatar; along with the 520 at the end of your name I thought I was seeing one of my own posts I forgot making
Old 01-05-2008, 07:10 PM   #13
Maniak
TJ Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns520
Well we are stacked up in a very good western conference. The spurs mavs and nuggets are all gonna be tough. But if amare can play like he has recently and the bench produce we will have a shot. Now if we make it to the finals we will have to deal with either the pistons or the celtics, and i would rather play the celtics personally because the pistons are expierenced and their chemestry is arguably the best in the league. They have already won a championship together and of course this is only the first year of the "big 3" playing together.

exactly, but, since the "Big 3" hasnt been together so long what if they dont end up making it to finals? i know that Pistons WILL step it up no doubt in playoffs, but...there might be a suprise coming in...i think at a later time in year we could probably say different things. from my standpoint the big 3 got to working together and well pretty darn fast, but playoffs have more intensity. maybe even a younger team could do it...ill defiantly change what i say later on in season
Old 01-05-2008, 07:32 PM   #14
Suns520
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
exactly, but, since the "Big 3" hasnt been together so long what if they dont end up making it to finals? i know that Pistons WILL step it up no doubt in playoffs, but...there might be a suprise coming in...i think at a later time in year we could probably say different things. from my standpoint the big 3 got to working together and well pretty darn fast, but playoffs have more intensity. maybe even a younger team could do it...ill defiantly change what i say later on in season

Maybe, i would say the pistons are a good bet to represent the eastern conference in the finals but i am anticipating a celtics-pistons confrence final. I would feel alot better about our chances if we got a quality center...i mean amare cant guard the bigger and stronger centers of the west. He will get into foul trouble to quickly and that will not help us against the spurs or mavs
Suns520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #15
Maniak
TJ Warren

yeah i find that amare gets in too much foul trouble. im sure if a team played him right hed foul out by halftime...i find their games against mavs are amusing. i find havent seen em play spurs so i cant say too too much about it. i hope that suns will make it quite far. i like amare, hes gotta do something to work on foul trouble, or hes gone REAL soon
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: