Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 02:47 AM   #1
SuperboyXX0018
Banned
 
SuperboyXX0018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,761
Default Atheists.

What makes you not believe in God?

-You can't see him?

-Because of all the suffering in the world?

-Because of science?


WHAT?
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:49 AM   #2
bk33
duck my sick
 
bk33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,010
Default Re: Atheists.

coz they failed to convince me there's god?
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:51 AM   #3
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,592
Default Re: Atheists.

1. I'm not atheist

2. It's not that i DONT believe in God, it's that i don't CARE if God exists or not. I live my life the way i know I'm supposed to live my life, by helping others when they need it and doing what i can to make the world a better place. No I don't do it because i'll be rewarded with a better afterlife, i do it because it's the right thing to do. If that makes me evil in your eyes then i guess I'm evil and going to hell, but in my opinion I'm a much better person for doing good for the benefit of others as opposed you doing good for your own eternal benefit. I don't need God's motivation to be good.

But yeah you're weird...
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:58 AM   #4
SuperboyXX0018
Banned
 
SuperboyXX0018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,761
Default Re: Atheists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk33
coz they failed to convince me there's god?


So all the complexity of the universe is not enough?
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:01 AM   #5
SuperboyXX0018
Banned
 
SuperboyXX0018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,761
Default Re: Atheists.

2.
Quote:
It's not that i DONT believe in God, it's that i don't CARE if God exists or not. I live my life the way i know I'm supposed to live my life, by helping others when they need it and doing what i can to make the world a better place.

What's the point of doing that if you don't believe in a higher purpose to life?


Quote:
No I don't do it because i'll be rewarded with a better afterlife, i do it because it's the right thing to do. If that makes me evil in your eyes then i guess I'm evil and going to hell, but in my opinion I'm a much better person for doing good for the benefit of others as opposed you doing good for your own eternal benefit. I don't need God's motivation to be good.


But there is no eternal reward..... in other words its a waste of time.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:03 AM   #6
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,592
Default Re: Atheists.

No it's not a waste of time because I'm helping somebody. See that's what separates you from me. Somebody asks you why you do good and you say "so i can go to heaven". Somebody asks me why i do good and i say "because it was the right thing to do". I'm not seeking any gratification. I'm doing it because I'm a good person. The fact that you call helping someone just for the sake of helping them a waste of time shows that you are the very thing christianity is supposed to go against. You're greedy because you're only in it for your own benefit.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:04 AM   #7
Darsh
Good college starter
 
Darsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boguts Hood
Posts: 2,125
Default Re: Atheists.

Because f*cking lunatics like you DO believe in God.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:09 AM   #8
SuperboyXX0018
Banned
 
SuperboyXX0018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,761
Default Re: Atheists.

Quote:
No it's not a waste of time because I'm helping somebody. See that's what separates you from me. Somebody asks you why you do good and you say "so i can go to heaven". Somebody asks me why i do good and i say "because it was the right thing to do".

Again, what is the purpose of life without eternal judgement for it?


Quote:
I'm not seeking any gratification. I'm doing it because I'm a good person. The fact that you call helping someone just for the sake of helping them a waste of time shows that you are the very thing christianity is supposed to go against. You're greedy because you're only in it for your own benefit.

No, my situation is more complicated. And its not about you, and what you do, we were not created for ourselves. I'm sorry but its the truth.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 AM   #9
SuperboyXX0018
Banned
 
SuperboyXX0018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,761
Default Re: Atheists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Because f*cking lunatics like you DO believe in God.


Come on, thats childish.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:14 AM   #10
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,592
Default Re: Atheists.

lol aight man whatever you say. I'll do my thing for my reasons, you do yours for yours. That's my take on all this
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:17 AM   #11
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,174
Default Re: Atheists.

I believe in a Creator, but not religion.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:19 AM   #12
SuperboyXX0018
Banned
 
SuperboyXX0018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,761
Default Re: Atheists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
lol aight man whatever you say. I'll do my thing for my reasons, you do yours for yours. That's my take on all this


Its your inner selfishness and pride that blinds you. I can see that.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:20 AM   #13
Holden Magroine
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Holden Magroine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 36
Default Re: Atheists.

I don't believe in god because I'm too old for fairy tales and make believe.
Holden Magroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:20 AM   #14
SuperboyXX0018
Banned
 
SuperboyXX0018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,761
Default Re: Atheists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
I believe in a Creator, but not religion.


Good, because religion is false.

Last edited by SuperboyXX0018 : 11-14-2007 at 03:24 AM.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:21 AM   #15
SuperboyXX0018
Banned
 
SuperboyXX0018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,761
Default Re: Atheists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Magroine
I don't believe in god because I'm too old for fairy tales and make believe.

Stop watching TV. The spirit world is more real than this world. How do you explain creation?
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy