Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-21-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation
Default Trade idea

What do you guys think about this trade? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...2~12&te=&cash=
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:17 AM   #2
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trade idea

I'd do it right away, even if they wanted Davis or Powell or both, but I doubt the Knicks deal Lee, just can't see it happening solely for that reason
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:42 AM   #3
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

I know they do not want to trade Lee but what are they going to do when his contract ends? They have no cap room to pay him what he deserves.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

like anyway Knicks will do that... Crawford is still the 3pt shooter they need... and Lee has a terrific upside... Aaron Williams is junk...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There is no way that the Knicks would even think about doing that deal...

As a clipper fan, I would take that deal in a minute...

Reasons being that both Lee and Crawford would be main guys in the offence.. and CMAG is not only injured but is pondering leaving the team anyways
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #6
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Thumbs down Re: Trade idea

Dont like it. Jamal Crawford is another numbers guy like Zach Randolph.
The Knicks would actually be adding talent and winning attitude to
their loser team. This type of trade would help Isiah keep his jobs
for another year. The value of Maggette is more than Crawford.
Plus the only value in this trade David Lee is one of the few players
that the Knicks need to keep from their current roster and the Clips
already are set with EB and Kaman inside. When healthy, Maggette's
punishing slashing offense is an asset to the Clip warship, and this
trade takes away that strength and versatility.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:38 AM   #7
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
Dont like it. Jamal Crawford is another numbers guy like Zach Randolph.
The Knicks would actually be adding talent and winning attitude to
their loser team. This type of trade would help Isiah keep his jobs
for another year. The value of Maggette is more than Crawford.
Plus the only value in this trade David Lee is one of the few players
that the Knicks need to keep from their current roster and the Clips
already are set with EB and Kaman inside. When healthy, Maggette's
punishing slashing offense is an asset to the Clip warship, and this
trade takes away that strength and versatility.
You have to face reality in the fact that Maggette is going to opt-out at the end of the season and probably play for another team so we should try to get something for him while we can. If we do not trade him we are going to end up overpaying some FA to replace him.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:24 AM   #8
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Very interesting idea, this is a real kinda deal... good job. now let's get it done!
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #9
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
I know they do not want to trade Lee but what are they going to do when his contract ends? They have no cap room to pay him what he deserves.

Cablevision, which is the company that owns the Knicks, have already shown that they're willing to pay the luxury tax. When you say "cap room", the Knicks have been over the cap for the past 7 years or so. Also, Lee's contract doesn't expire until 2010 and by then, the Knicks would have already shed the contracts of Marbury ($21M), Nate Robinson ($3M), and Malik Rose ($7.6M). They'll also have a bunch of player and team options. Financially, they could be under the cap in 2010.
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:56 PM   #10
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru08
Cablevision, which is the company that owns the Knicks, have already shown that they're willing to pay the luxury tax. When you say "cap room", the Knicks have been over the cap for the past 7 years or so. Also, Lee's contract doesn't expire until 2010 and by then, the Knicks would have already shed the contracts of Marbury ($21M), Nate Robinson ($3M), and Malik Rose ($7.6M). They'll also have a bunch of player and team options. Financially, they could be under the cap in 2010.
Actually they will be way under the cap, in 2010/2011 season and you are right about them willing to pay the luxury tax. I just thought the would try to relieve some of the salary for next season and the following but you made some great points.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #11
vood002
I brick open layups

vood002 has an OK reputation so far

I think it's a very good point that the Knicks wouldn't want to part with Lee.

I like Maggette, but he hasn't exactly proven himself a winner any more than Jamal Crawford. You can call Crawford a numbers guy, but I don't think he's as bad as the rest of that team... marbury, randolph, or curry.

He could be a nice addition, and a pickup of Lee with the way Kaman is playing would give us one of the best rebounding front courts in the league, even without brand.

If only.
vood002 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: