Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 11-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
LAKERERIC
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LAKERERIC has an OK reputation so far
Default Lakers-Kings deal after Dec.15(I am not here to insult you)

Well, it is not quite like the early 2000s for either of us right now. I look at the Kings roster and I see a team that may want to rebuild, and the Lakers obviously want to win now. But the Lakers have definite chemistry issues with Odom. Last year, it was him and Kobe and everyone else. This year, they have Farmar and Bynum contributing, which is hurting Lamar in rebounding and passing, two of his strong suits. So, I propose the following deal for both teams, and I look forward to honest feedback from you guys:

Lamar Odom, Javaris Crittenton, Kwame Brown, 2009 #1

for

Ron Artest, Brad Miller, K.Thomas

You get a PF to move Salmons into the starting linuep. Lamar is a good passer, ball handler, and will help your rebounding. Critt could be your PG of the future and will allow you to trade Bibby. Lakers have Fisher and Farmar, making him expendable. Kwame is a last year. The number one is nice. The Lakers need what Artest brings to the table, particularly on defense, and Miller, even with his price, can still help the Lakers. Thomas is a throw in. This seems like a fair deal between the two sides. Plus, with Martin, Artest, Moore, Salmons, Hawes, Miller, Thomas, and Douby, you will not be under the cap. With this trade, regardless of whether you keep Lamar long term, you at least get young players, cap relief, plus a draft pick. Critt cannot be dealt until Dec. 15th, so it would have to wait. But what do you all think?
LAKERERIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
kshutts1
Great college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lakers-Kings deal after Dec.15(I am not here to insult you)

Honestly, I don't like it for the Kings, but you're a Kings fan, so maybe you know what you're talking about
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far

Brad Miller is looking good, Ron Artest is looking great.

Lamar is doing bad, he just got back from an injury, i don't like lamar, he is overrated. Kwame is #@$#@!$, Crittenton is just another guard that will take minutes away from the developing garcia and douby. horrible trade idea for the Kings part. all you have to do is keep kwame away.
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings_Alex
Brad Miller is looking good, Ron Artest is looking great.

And both of them won't be on the team in two years, so does it matter?

Quote:
Lamar is doing bad, he just got back from an injury, i don't like lamar, he is overrated.

I don't think he's overrated, he just can't stay healthy. If he played 75 games a season, he'd be fine.

Quote:
Kwame is #@$#@!$,

Doesn't matter, since he's an expiring contract that will come off the books and provide cap relief.

Quote:
Crittenton is just another guard that will take minutes away from the developing garcia and douby. horrible trade idea for the Kings part. all you have to do is keep kwame away.

And how, exactly, is Critterton going to take Garcia and Douby's job? Garcia is not a full time PG, and he is used as a point-forward at times. Douby is not a true PG either, but rather a smaller shooting guard, similar to Ronnie Price or Bobby Jackson. I wouldn't mind taking KT's contract off the books and moving Miller and Artest, especially now that I saw what Salmons was able to do at the start of the season, putting up 20/6/6 and leading the team in assists.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Odom still has two years on his contract, I believe. If there's a possibility for opting out, then that's what they'll have to do. If so, it's basically Miller, Artest, etc. for Crit, an opt out, an expirer, and a future pick. If they get rid of Abdur-Rahim and Kenny Thomas, which I think might be big 'uns, then it could be fine financially, but it's still a but of a meh for me.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: