Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default I'm playing college hoops 2k8 for PS2

I like it.

Yeah, I have a PS2. And had to literally dust it off from about 1.5 years of not touching it

Anyway, the gameplay is really basketball-like. Feels right, after 10 minutes of playing.

Jeff
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #2
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm playing college hoops 2k8 for PS2

geez with all the ads ive clicked for you, get a ps3 or xbox360, and play college hoops on those.. much better experience!!
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

I'm gonna get an xbox360 or ps3 in the next few weeks
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

It's a damn shame people won't play College Hoops 2K8 simply cause it's not the NBA. Every year it's the best basketball game on the market.

NBA 2K8 is considered the top basketball game yet College Hoops blows it out the water when it comes to game play.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
Hotbullets
High School Varsity 6th Man

Hotbullets has an OK reputation so far

Seriously? Too bad I can't play it then, since I live in Europe. I think NBA 2K8 is pretty rad though.
Hotbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:47 AM   #6
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbullets
Seriously? Too bad I can't play it then, since I live in Europe. I think NBA 2K8 is pretty rad though.

It wasnt released yet over there??
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:01 AM   #7
Aidan
Both Teams Play Hard.

Aidan has decent reputation

College Hoops doesnt get realesed over here....
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:02 AM   #8
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Sorry buddy. 2K thinks there is no market for college basketball in Europe.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #9
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Speaking of this, I saw NCAA '08 at the store yesterday (bought COD 4) and noticed the cover boy is last year's Boise State QB. That must be the most random cover boy ever.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #10
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
College Hoops doesnt get realesed over here....
Try buying it on ebay
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #11
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
I'm gonna get an xbox360 or ps3 in the next few weeks

I have College Hoops 2k8 on 360. You'll be amazed at the difference from the ps2 to 360. I played the ps2 version of NBA 2K8 and was surprised at how well it plays. Much more realistic than Live 08 for 360.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #12
Hotbullets
High School Varsity 6th Man

Hotbullets has an OK reputation so far

I always thought College Hoops was the exact same game as NBA 2K, but obviously with other teams and a different association mode. Never realised it was so different gameplay wise. Hmm, I should try to import it or something... I checked out some reviews and it looks amazing!
Hotbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:30 PM   #13
Da KO King

Quote:
I always thought College Hoops was the exact same game as NBA 2K, but obviously with other teams and a different association mode. Never realised it was so different gameplay wise. Hmm, I should try to import it or something... I checked out some reviews and it looks amazing!
Here's a way to summarize the differences of the games...

NBA 2K gets worked on first with College 2K second. So as it happens the newest NBA ends up being an upgrade on the previous edition of College while the newest College is an upgrade on the newest NBA.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #14
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Try buying it on ebay

I don't think this would work...

The format of the 2k8 disc would remain NTSC.

European consoles are PAL, i believe
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #15
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Speaking of this, I saw NCAA '08 at the store yesterday (bought COD 4) and noticed the cover boy is last year's Boise State QB. That must be the most random cover boy ever.

Jarad Zabranksi led Boise to an undefeated season and defeated Oklahamo in a BCS bowl game.(forgot which one). Alot of college fans know who he is.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: