Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-27-2006, 12:59 PM   #1
portcity
Can barely lace up my sneakers

portcity has an OK reputation so far
Default Brett Blizzard on training camp roster?

Does anyone know the status of Brett Blizzard? I saw that Kevin Garbagerlson got signed again, wow how pathetic is that. The guy does nothing all last year, comes into summer camp and makes boneheaded plays every game, and gets resigned. Unbelievable. And for those who don't know, Burleson is a old college buddy of young bickerstaff, which is how he got invited to play for the bobcats in the first place. We need a guy like Dell Curry to come in for the Bobcats to spark us and get us scoring, or help us knock down a 3 when we need one. Unlike Curry was for the Hornets, Blizzard can also play solid D and can handle the basketball. He'd be a great pickup. Thoughts?
portcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Blizzard is a great guy. He lead UNC Wilmington to the NCAA tourney a couple of years. I hope he gets signed.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:01 PM   #3
portcity

To clarify, by young Bickerstaff I mean John-Blair, Bernie's son, who happened to be in the news this week for getting a DWI. This whole Bobcats network is about buddies giving other buddies jobs, even if there is someone better qualified. Kevin Burleson is absolute garbage, and if he wasn't college pals with Bick Jr. he wouldn't be on the team, period. For that matter, I'm sure our GM can find some better assistant coaches than John-Blair Bickerstaff.

Last edited by portcity : 07-28-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:59 AM   #4
portcity

Default Blizzard gets slighted

It has come to my knowledge that the Bobcats will not sign Brett, and he is going back to Italy or Spain. I am not sure what the heck they are looking for, but he outperformed the guard they resigned. Just like everything else in the world "politics" plays a role in decisions being made. Hopefully he got some exposure, and someone else will give him a chance. I am almost as upset about the Bobcats resigning Kevin Garbagerlson as I am them not signing Blizzard. The guy had all year to prove anything, ANYTHING, and showed zero signs of promise all last year. Then he comes into summer camp and goes 2-of-10 from 3-point range, fouls jumpshooters from three point range, and gets outplayed in every dimension by Brett Blizzard. Yet they still sign him..... I hope MJ cleans house after this season.

Last edited by portcity : 08-01-2006 at 02:06 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: