Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 12-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Brian Skinner is a solid addition

I have been really impressed with Brian Skinner's play so far this season. He has been a pleasant surprise.

I was/am one those who was furious with the Kurt Thomas trade, and the way the front office tried to spin the move. Realizing how small were going to be, I was worried that the Suns were really going to rely on Marks if PJ Brown didn't sign. Skinner was one of the first names that came to my mind in terms of FA big men, and other than PJ, Skinner was the only name I was prepared to accept as a possible replacement for KT. However, I did not expect him to play this well.

Skinner is much more athletic than Kurt. He can run with us, he's athletic, he blocks shots, and he has been much more effective on the offensive end of the floor than I ever imagined he could be. If I had a choice, I'd probably still take Kurt because I just think he's a smarter post defender, but I really like what I have seen from Skinner.

I am anxious to see what he brings to the table when we play the Spurs, or Celtics.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:47 PM   #2
Manphibian420
very nice

Manphibian420 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Brian Skinner is a solid addition

Good thread Rab, I was about to bring back the KT trade thread from this offseason to bring up how well Skinner has replaced him. I'd also take Kurt if everything was even, but KT for 8 mil vs Skinner for the vet. minimum when we are over the tax line is a no brainer. This trade, which saved us around 14 mil, could be what saved us from having to dump a guy like Marion for little value. I know fans don't want to hear about it, but money is a real concern for the ownership group as a whole, regardless of how much they have personally. Really, outside of teams that generate ridiculous revenue (yankees, sox, etc.), all teams in all sports have this same concern.
Manphibian420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

Yeah, what a bonus his contribution on both ends has been.

I'm more impressed with Hill though

Basically the same side as last season but Hill replaced Jones.

Raja, Amare, Hill have all lifted their games recently...Early on i thought our record was flattering considering the way they were playing, and more a reflection on the easy schedule rather than good play. But now they're starting to blow sides away in the 1st quarter again and never look like losing after that.

When the game is a formality i wish D'antoni would pull guys like Nash, Amare and Hill out earlier...he leaves them in too long when the game is over.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manphibian420
Good thread Rab, I was about to bring back the KT trade thread from this offseason to bring up how well Skinner has replaced him. I'd also take Kurt if everything was even, but KT for 8 mil vs Skinner for the vet. minimum when we are over the tax line is a no brainer. This trade, which saved us around 14 mil, could be what saved us from having to dump a guy like Marion for little value. I know fans don't want to hear about it, but money is a real concern for the ownership group as a whole, regardless of how much they have personally. Really, outside of teams that generate ridiculous revenue (yankees, sox, etc.), all teams in all sports have this same concern.
He's been playing so well, that he's taking minutes away from Boris, which isn't hard to do seeing as how he's been pretty much worthless this year. Last night he finally played well, and kept Skinner on the bench for all but 6 minutes or so.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #5
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

I really like the way Skinner gets up and down the court and how he contests shots - he seems a lot more athletic than Kurt was.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:48 AM   #6
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stat2
I really like the way Skinner gets up and down the court and how he contests shots - he seems a lot more athletic than Kurt was.

Kurt is a smarter player though, Skinner was always serviceable however...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:53 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

love his beard
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im really impressed with him too. hes been playing really well. And hill is doing great too
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: