Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default 1969-1970 NBA Power Rankings.

Last edited by gencbiba : 08-11-2008 at 10:15 PM.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 1969-1970 NBA Power Rankings.

Wow, to see all those legendary names sprawled across a power rankings page makes me wonder did people back then appreciate how great these players would be, and still be heralded in 30 years time?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

BIZARRO has decent reputationBIZARRO has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Wow, to see all those legendary names sprawled across a power rankings page makes me wonder did people back then appreciate how great these players would be, and still be heralded in 30 years time?

More than anything, these rankings make me appreciate the greatness of Russell.
BIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Interesting to say the least. Notice who the first place team is.

http://www.nba.com/heritageweek2007/...kings6970.html
Maybe I'm blind or something, but I don't see the 69-70 player rankings anywhere?
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

If anything it should make you realize how much easier it was for Russell to win all those championships when he probably had more HOF'ers on his roster then the rest of the league (sarcasm, but not far from the truth), and only had to face like 12 teams during that era to get to the championship series.

I'm not denying Russell's greatness just saying those 11 championships he won shouldn't really be that much more impressive then the 6 championships Jordan won.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #6
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Can somebody try to search for the 1969-1970 power rankings? I'm searching but I can't find them. I don't understand why NBA.com took 'em off.

Scroll Down the New York Knicks are the no.1 team in the NBA with a record of 27 wins and only 4 losses.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #7
Niquesports
Good college starter

Niquesports has decent reputationNiquesports has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
If anything it should make you realize how much easier it was for Russell to win all those championships when he probably had more HOF'ers on his roster then the rest of the league (sarcasm, but not far from the truth), and only had to face like 12 teams during that era to get to the championship series.

I'm not denying Russell's greatness just saying those 11 championships he won shouldn't really be that much more impressive then the 6 championships Jordan won.
your right its only 5 times more impressive. maybe if jordan had to face teams like the lakers with West and baylor or the 76ers with wilt and crew and so on he won't have won his 6 rings.
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:55 PM   #8
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We're hampered by injuries...If Wilt returns in March, we won't be able to win even 50 games.

Quote:

True. They did lose Sam Jones, as well, but on the other hand they acquired Jo Jo White, while Havlicek was entering his absolute prime.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:59 PM   #9
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

It certainly didn't take the Celtics too long to turn things around.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: