Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-12-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default what are your thoughts on Skate?

i find this game somewhat addictive. the environment is 2nd to none and load times are minimal. my only beef is the unchangeable camera angle. i know the developers were going for a "skate video" look to the game but it's frustrating at times to find the right angle to hit objects.

the tricks are pretty lifelike. i still have trouble pulling off 360 flips and other harder moves though. i really appreciate this game seeing how i am a former skateboarder myself. i even find myself almost kicking my legs as i do a trick. it's awesome when you get a long line going.

i've been playing this off and on for about 4 days or so and i'm up to an amateur skater sponsored by the local skate shop.

i'd also like to point out that the audio is dead on. the sound of hitting the rails, grinding benches(both wood and concrete), and your wheels on the ground are super authentic.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: what are your thoughts on Skate?

man, the harder flip tricks are driving me crazy. i'll end up pulling off 4-5 360 shuvits until i finally get a 360 kickflip off. maybe my thumb is going bad?
Old 12-14-2007, 04:33 AM   #3
jbot
Future D1 Dad

dang, nobody has anything to say about this game?
Old 12-14-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

i love this game. best skating game ever. totally picks up on where the tony hawk series left off so many years ago. love how it's more of a skating sim, than a cow/powerline grinding experience.

it's tough though. i'm stuck on a nollie 360 flip to grind challenge right now and it's driving me nuts!

one of the best games i got though for my 360. i think what i love most about it is that it's not a fps or a racing game, which seems the bulk of what's available for the 360.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I liked it a lot for two weeks, but there just isn't very much to do when you figure it out and become too good at it.

Unless you are into the whole online/leaderboards thing.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I liked it a lot for two weeks, but there just isn't very much to do when you figure it out and become too good at it.

Unless you are into the whole online/leaderboards thing.

you must have an professional thumb. i envy u. i've been playing video games 4ever and i still have trouble doing the more advanced flip tricks on demand. maybe i'm just getting old and my gaming skills are starting to decline.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #7
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
you must have an professional thumb. i envy u. i've been playing video games 4ever and i still have trouble doing the more advanced flip tricks on demand. maybe i'm just getting old and my gaming skills are starting to decline.

yeah, this game is ridiculously challenging.

i havent met anyone who has been able to complete all the challenges in as little two weeks. sounds a little ambitious to me tbh imo.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:14 PM   #8
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Yeah, great game, challenging though. I'm stuck right now, I am at a point where there is video challenges, it's so tough. SayTownRy, I think I know what challenge your talking about, that one had me going forever, it was really pissing me off.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

i haven't gotten to the video challenges. i tend to forget the actual game and get stuck finding cool places to do tricks on.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:02 PM   #10
jbot
Future D1 Dad

i'm getting a bit farther and my skater is sponsored by Zero (deck and wheels). i can't wait until i get a truck sponsor.

also, how do u view the videos that u unlock?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:16 AM   #11
Hotbullets
High School Varsity 6th Man

Hotbullets has an OK reputation so far

Amazing game. I used to be a skater so I was pretty pumped for this one and it hasn't disappointed me! The gameplay is almost perfect, they could've made the story mode a bit longer and a bit cooler, but hey, the core of the game is the gameplay and it's awesome. I'm pretty good at it too.
Hotbullets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #12
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbullets
Amazing game. I used to be a skater so I was pretty pumped for this one and it hasn't disappointed me! The gameplay is almost perfect, they could've made the story mode a bit longer and a bit cooler, but hey, the core of the game is the gameplay and it's awesome. I'm pretty good at it too.

cool, a fellow former skater. the only real gripe i have is the pedestrians. there's just way too many of them, but i know it's just a game and they're there for the challenge.

and i know nobody cares but this is my top game now. i'm getting the harder flip tricks down now and the video challenges are getting more difficult.

Last edited by jbot : 12-17-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:22 PM   #13
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I haven't got Skate, but I have got THPG. I enjoy it, don't understand all the negativity towards it.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #14
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I haven't got Skate, but I have got THPG. I enjoy it, don't understand all the negativity towards it.

skate is way more sim than TH. it also involves more creativity in the gameplay.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #15
jbot
Future D1 Dad

man, i'm stuck on this game now. i can't complete these near impossible videos and it's driving me crazy. i also keep getting this guy telling me to meet him but i he doesn't tell me where he is and it's not on the map. what's with me being a pro skater and i don't have my own board model yet?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: