Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default A few player comparisons that I don't think have been done before.

Caron Butler or Chauncey Billups.

Craig Smith or Paul Millsap.

Antawn Jamison or Rashard Lewis.

Kevin Martin or Rip Hamilton.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation
Default Re: A few player comparisons that I don't think have been done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

Hmm ... tough one ... I'd go with Billups. More proven, more playoff-tested, better in the clutch, plays a more important position. But if Butler keeps playing like that even with Gilbert back in the lineup, it would be hard not to pick him

Quote:

I love Craig Smith's game but I'd go with Millsap. Great rebounder, great energy guy off the bench

Quote:

Shard. I hate Jamison's game. Poor defender and some of his shots are just awkward. I know most of them go in but damn that's not pretty at all.

Quote:

Rip. Better defender and playoff-tested. Martin hasn't even been to the playoffs yet.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Martin's been to the playoffs... He was the one that hit that game winner against the Spurs...
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Martin's been to the playoffs... He was the one that hit that game winner against the Spurs...

Oh yeah right ... Oops

I'd still go with Rip though
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:

This comparison has been done to death.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I am the biggest Craig Smith fan who didn't give birth to him, but Millsap is the better player. However, if a team just straight-up completely lacks post scoring, Smith is a better fit. That's a pretty limited circumstance, though.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #7
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I am the biggest Craig Smith fan who didn't give birth to him, but Millsap is the better player. However, if a team just straight-up completely lacks post scoring, Smith is a better fit. That's a pretty limited circumstance, though.
really? is it? I think you just described the majority of NBA teams right there.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #8
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

butler or billups?
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #9
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
butler or billups?
am I the only one who realizes how utterly identical these 2 players are? Caron is 4 inches taller/bigger and Billups has a more proven 3 ball, but other than that they're long lost brothers. they are very similar players. down to the way they carry themselves, their mannerisms, and their shot forms.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:08 PM   #10
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

Well to compare them two would be impossible, one is a point guard and the other a small forward. To ask who's better is impossibe, to ask who would you prefer on your team it would depend on the situation of the team.
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:09 PM   #11
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
really? is it? I think you just described the majority of NBA teams right there.
I realize that it's farther-reaching than I made it out to be. But Millsap is the better overall player and the difference between the two in the post doesn't make up for that in most situations, I think.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:09 PM   #12
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
am I the only one who realizes how utterly identical these 2 players are? Caron is 4 inches taller/bigger and Billups has a more proven 3 ball, but other than that they're long lost brothers. they are very similar players. down to the way they carry themselves, their mannerisms, and their shot forms.
What a great connection to make, I had never done it consciously. Gosh I love these two guys. Players who play like these two are F'ing awesome.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:25 PM   #13
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

I'll take Chauncey, his game is just so solid night in and night out. Caron has been incredible this year, and I might have a different answer in two-three years, but I think Caron is just coming in to the player he'll be in the future. I'll take Chauncey for now, but I see the similarities you mentioned.

I haven't seen much from Millsap, and my expereince with Smith comes from watching him at BC. Sounds like Millsap is a bit of a work in progress on a team where he can't find consistent PT. I always liked Smith's fundamentals, and although he lacks in size a bit he seems to know how to bang under the boards. I think Millsap has the raw talent, but I see Smith coming into his own in the future as a player who flourishes even if he's undersized, ala Boozer in recent years.

I'll take Rashard, unless he becomes a fat cat with that huge contract. People marvel at Jamison's point and rebound totals, but if I jacked up 20 shots from the PF spot per night, I might even score a few.

I'd prob take Rip, just because he can shoot, dish, rebound and play solid defense.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #14
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: