Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default sliders for 2k8??

anyone have any good slider for nba 2k8 cause i love the game but the unrealistic passes they make sometimes pisses me off and them shooting such a high percentage is killing me.. any suggestions..??
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: sliders for 2k8??

Put everything at 100.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
Put everything at 100.
wow and why would i do that?
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

Because it makes your defense better?

Its what I did and my defense is good. Good shooting teams like Denver shoot 45% and the others shoot about 35%

You also need to learn how to stay super active on the defensive end. You can't just be the center and stay in the post and wait to block shots.

Personally, I call either a 3-2 zone if the team is hitting jumpers, 2-3 zone if they are getting in the paint the halfcourt trap if they are hitting everything and the fullcourt trap if they are coming up the court to easily. I also pressure the opposing point guard all the way up the court until he passes. I found this usually takes 8-10 seconds off their shot clock and if coupled with the halfcourt trap, they usually don't get off very good shots and use almost the entire shot clock (this is big because then the clutch factor comes into play and not a lot of players have a good clutch stat)

It also helps to defend against the oppositions strength instead of playing to their weakness. If you're playing San Antonio then use the halfcourt trap or 3-2 zone and defend Duncan if you're a good player on the defensive end. You as in you, not the player you're playing with

Ultimatly, sliders don't really matter much, how you play does.

Last edited by Nygher : 12-17-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if you're really interested in getting a good slider setup, go to 2ksports.com and head to the nba2k8 forums. search for a thread concerning slider setup. they are really helpful on that site...just don't register and start asking noobie questions or you'll get ignored.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: