Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 12-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Which Posters Here Are Like Which Pacers Player?

Which posters are like which players? If you had to compare them in terms of aggression, notariety, seniority, communication skills, overall talent, youth...

We have a few regulars like jbot, marny_navis, Miller Time, mateo31, The Big Three, and me Catz.

So who reminds you of who?

Last edited by catzhernandez : 12-18-2007 at 04:27 PM.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Which Posters Here Are Like Which Pacers Player?

Jbot = Foster, laid back, always bring his best and always delivers. (BTW nothing bad to be like Foster, he is a great human and a good player. Nice poster/player and very mature.

Catz = Tinsley, unpredictable, can come up great or like sh*t. Have some off the court issues and can have a problem with the aggressions. Still brings a lot to the forum and get the other guys going (we the other posters that is). He sets us up.

Marny Navis = Ike Diogu, you are still young and need development, but we belive in you. You are going to be great but you still need time. You show some early flashes but you need more experience.

I only know you 3 so thats it.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #3
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time
Jbot = Foster, laid back, always bring his best and always delivers. (BTW nothing bad to be like Foster, he is a great human and a good player. Nice poster/player and very mature.

Catz = Tinsley, unpredictable, can come up great or like sh*t. Have some off the court issues and can have a problem with the aggressions. Still brings a lot to the forum and get the other guys going (we the other posters that is). He sets us up.

Marny Navis = Ike Diogu, you are still young and need development, but we belive in you. You are going to be great but you still need time. You show some early flashes but you need more experience.

I only know you 3 so thats it.

Very Nice

What about yourself?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez

Very Nice

What about yourself?

you come up with one.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #5
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

jbot - JO, the leader around here... very wise

marny - Dunleavy, very reliable... great basketball IQ

Miller Time - Granger, Always coming in and making the big shots, a silent leader that's only improving with each post/game.

mateo31 - Quis, good to come in for short bursts, don't see a ton of points/posts, but is very consistent and definately helps out where needed.

The Big Three - Certainly haven't seen a ton out of him, but seems to be a very knowledgeable "rookie". I would have to say Kareem Rush. Seems to have come in and hit some big shots already in the short amount of "playing time" I've seen.

Catz - I like the Tinsley correlation. Ring leader, love to run and gun. Aggressive.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
jbot - JO, the leader around here... very wise

marny - Dunleavy, very reliable... great basketball IQ

Miller Time - Granger, Always coming in and making the big shots, a silent leader that's only improving with each post/game.

mateo31 - Quis, good to come in for short bursts, don't see a ton of points/posts, but is very consistent and definately helps out where needed.

The Big Three - Certainly haven't seen a ton out of him, but seems to be a very knowledgeable "rookie". I would have to say Kareem Rush. Seems to have come in and hit some big shots already in the short amount of "playing time" I've seen.

Catz - I like the Tinsley correlation. Ring leader, love to run and gun. Aggressive.

LMAO!!

I agree with Miller Time's assesment of me more. I am by no means ready for full-fledged convos about the NBA. Yeah, I know a bit about it, but before I start watching the games, I'm not that great. Maybe good bbball iq but in need of development would be better. I do participate in the NBA draft forum tho, and I think that's a bit of a strength of mine.

My comparisons:

marny_navis- Ike Diogu- Good, up and coming poster, but we haven't seen him debate with ISH's best yet. He's got good friends in catzhernandez and jbot who are always there for him, although they sometimes make him look like a fool in the OTC Lounge (AHEM MARNY DAVIS, JBOTAHEM). Still in need of development, but he may soon become one of the better ISH posters. Maybe in a couple years he can do it, but not now.

jbot- Possibly the most knowledgeable poster on out board, and been around the longest. I would say Jermaine, without the slump, and we don't want you traded. The vet of this forum, he is the glue that sticks this place together.

catzhernandez- Certainly one of the funnier, but slightly, er, flamboyant? loud? insertwordhere ________, posters of ISH. Definitely could see him at the top of ISH, and he's just shown us how good he can bee this early. He's gotta deal with the potential banning, though, like Jamaal Tinsley's gotta deal with the potential injury.

Miller Time- I consider him very knowledgeable, and shows up every once in a while here, good enough to be considered 'one of us'. Posts frequently and doesn't just stick to this board. Lot of potential here, but post count makes a difference to people. Smart, but not the complete package yet. Soon could get to 3,000 eventually and be very respected. Mike Dunleavy, perhaps.

mateo31- Must have semester tests to study for, but he's been posting here. Fan favorite IMO, but hasn't been around long enough to be a top player. Could really surprise people, IMO. Shawne Williams w/out anger issues, and could become a 22/8 guy. Hope he gets a postin' every day. Right now he's a Troy Murphy.

The Big Three- Danny Granger's gotta go somewhere, but not here, just yet. Can't judge a poster by one day of membership. Likes the Spurs, but we can deal with that, and he might be wearing a kick-ass avatar pretty soon. I suggest waiting a while until he gets some posts, then once he decides to get out to the OT Forum, he can put that badboy on and get some compliments. He's also been in the NBA Forum already, a place I don't go to often. Probably already has more bball IQ than I do. David Harrison's a young kid, but The Big Three has more potential than Harrison. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he has the potential to be Granger, but right now he's still a rook.

Last edited by marny_navis : 12-18-2007 at 08:39 PM.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:23 PM   #7
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

I haven't been around too much, but from what I've seen, catz makes me think of Danny Granger with his up-and-coming talent/posting, and jbot's like O'Neal, the vet of this forum. Miller Time is probably Mike Dunleavy because he's got a lot of posts and will probably reach 1,000 pretty soon. Underrated, IMO, because in a lot of forums I've seen the leading posters have maybe 600 or so. Me, maybe Diogu? He's impressed this season, and I think I may be getting a bit overrated here, but I might be able to become as good as he can be.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:31 PM   #8
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
LMAO!!

I agree with Miller Time's assesment of me more. I am by no means ready for full-fledged convos about the NBA. Yeah, I know a bit about it, but before I start watching the games, I'm not that great. Maybe good bbball iq but in need of development would be better. I do participate in the NBA draft forum tho, and I think that's a bit of a strength of mine.

Honestly now, I've seen you post in nearly every team forum, and every single post shows that you know what you're talking about, and that you never just talk out of your ass. You have a very high BBall IQ, IMO. Well, at least of the current NBA. I'm not sure if you know jack about old-school ball, which a lot of us discovered first... I dunno. You know you're stuff that's all I gotta say...
Old 12-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

thanx for comparing me to JO, but personally i would liken myself to foster. blue collar, not afraid of getting dirty, and yet not quite in the limelight. plus, he's probably my favorite pacer other than granger.

catz= you're lucky Jax is gone or i'd say u were him. the unpredictability of tinsley will do just fine though. u crazy.

miller time= granger. quality poster and very respectful.

mateo31= 'quis daniels. not quite here enough to be a starter, but a definite contributor. given more time he'll show u his skills.

marny navis= dunleavy. this kid has some game.

big three= ike diogu. an up and comer who is on the verge of becoming a major contributor if given the opportunity. i like ike.

did i miss anyone?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:46 PM   #10
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
thanx for comparing me to JO, but personally i would liken myself to foster. blue collar, not afraid of getting dirty, and yet not quite in the limelight. plus, he's probably my favorite pacer other than granger.

catz= you're lucky Jax is gone or i'd say u were him. the unpredictability of tinsley will do just fine though. u crazy.

mateo31= 'quis daniels. not quite here enough to be a starter, but a definite contributor. given more time he'll show u his skills.

big three= ike diogu. an up and comer who is on the verge of becoming a major contributor if given the opportunity. i like ike.

did i miss anyone?

I like the Jax comparison...
Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 PM   #11
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I like the Jax comparison...

i knew u would.:)
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:50 PM   #12
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
i knew u would.:)
Old 12-19-2007, 02:07 AM   #13
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

This is certainly an interesting thread. I have read everyone else's posts and agree with them for the most part. However, I will just analyze my own game for now. In real life I most resemble Jeff Foster. I am a great rebounder, hustle player, and defender. I really dunno which player I most resemble when it comes to the Pacers forum though. I agree with previous posters that I make good points, its just I am not around enough. All I have to say is keep rockin out Pacer nation :party2:
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #14
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
This is certainly an interesting thread. I have read everyone else's posts and agree with them for the most part. However, I will just analyze my own game for now. In real life I most resemble Jeff Foster. I am a great rebounder, hustle player, and defender. I really dunno which player I most resemble when it comes to the Pacers forum though. I agree with previous posters that I make good points, its just I am not around enough. All I have to say is keep rockin out Pacer nation :party2:

you do one too
Old 12-19-2007, 02:00 PM   #15
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Quote:

did i miss anyone?

Nice J-bot, I liked every comparison.

Last edited by Miller Time : 12-19-2007 at 03:21 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: