Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2007, 12:56 PM   #1
LilJonIsSoCrunk
banned camp

LilJonIsSoCrunk has an OK reputation so far
Default Why Optimus Prime is completely underrating Carmelo Anthony

He thinks Carmelo is one-dimensional when he can score with his midrange jumper, he can score by posting up with his back to the basket, he can snatch offensive rebounds and put them back, he can hit the three, he can drop a fadeaway, and he is excellent at drawing contact, getting to the line, and making his free throws (over 80%)

Additionally, he is an above average passer for his position (good vision and great timing), an outstanding ball-handler for being 6'8'' (how many other guys his size have such a nasty crossover?), and a solid rebounder(would be better if he didn't sprint back down the court whenever a shot goes up)

Despite this, the awful poster known as Optimus Prime has the audacity to say Carmelo is one-dimensional. He is clearly a huge moron. I suggest he come to grips with the fact that just because Melo has struggled the last two weeks does not mean that the Nuggets aren't a top-tier team (imagine how good they'll be once AI and Melo are beasting cohesively)

In reality, Melo's only problem is he is highly emotional. If he misses his first two shots, he must learn to brush it aside and stick his third shot in the defender's face. Guy gets discouraged too easily. Someone please give him the kind of mental toughness that MJ had and he's a top 5 player, EASILY.

Last edited by LilJonIsSoCrunk : 12-20-2007 at 01:06 PM.
LilJonIsSoCrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why Optimus Prime is the wrost poster to ever grace ISH.

If you're going to call me out, at least pass 1st grade English class.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #3
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #4
LilJonIsSoCrunk
banned camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime

That made no sense.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Moooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............Optimus Prime thinks Carmelo isn't stronger than Hercules.....and I know that he's is. Tell him to stop being so mean to me!
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #6
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

The thread is titled "wrost".

Shouldn't he kids be in school right now? Dang it, block Internet access from the library, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJonIsSoCrunk
He thinks Carmelo is one-dimentional when he can score with his midrange jumper, he can score by posting up with his back to the basket, he can snatch offensive rebounds and put them back, he can hit the three, he can drop a fadeaway, and he is excellent at drawing contact, getting to the line, and making his free throws (over 80%)

Additionally, he is an above average passer for his position (good vision and great timing), an outstanding ball-handler for being 6'8'' (how many other guys his size have such a nasty crossover?), and a solid rebounder(would be better if he didn't sprint back down the court whenever a shot goes up)

Despite this, the awful poster known as Optimus Prime has the audacity to say Carmelo is one-dimentional. He is clearly a huge moron. I suggest he come to grips with the fact that just becasue Melo ahs struggled the last two weeks does not mean that the Nuggets aren't a top-tier team (imagine how good they'll be once AI and Melo are beasting cohesively)

In reality, Melo's only problem is he is higly emotional. If he misses his first two shots, he must learn to brush it aside and stick his third shot in the defender's face. Guy gets discouraged too easily. Someone please give him the kind of mental toughness that MJ had and he's a top 5 player, EASILY.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

this is lame. don't turn this tiny internet dispute into a thread. you're not that important.

you should have atleast made it a melo thread or something of that nature.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i agree he is just so wrost. hes the most wrost ever.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #9
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can we just all get along and please change the title of this thread.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #10
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

He called me the wrost poster on ISH.

/wrists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
Moooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............Optimus Prime thinks Carmelo isn't stronger than Hercules.....and I know that he's is. Tell him to stop being so mean to me!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:03 PM   #11
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

could we get a mod to delete this? or at least rename it something relevant? or spell "worst" right? i'm not picky.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #12
LilJonIsSoCrunk
banned camp

Optimus Prime's retort is to correct my spelling errors. it's called typing fast buddy. Is that the best you can do?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #13
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Why not just title your thread "Carmelo is underrated" then argue the merits of that assertion. Making a thread about someone being the "Wrost poster ever" comes across as childish, regardless of the salience of the underlying basketball rational.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #14
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Wrong Plus Worst= Wrost

Seriously Optimus Prime is being sarcastic to his statements because during the off season all of the poster talk about how Carmelo Anthony is already better than Lebron James. That Lebron James is not fit to play FIBA Basketball, and that Carmelo is already a better scorer than him.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 12-20-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:09 PM   #15
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

And this pointless thread exists because I somehow hurt your feelings by expressing my opinion about your favorite professional basketball player on an Internet forum.

Why call me out? I wasn't the only one saying it, in fact, I was one of the more civil ones.

Whatever...forums are fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJonIsSoCrunk
Optimus Prime's retort is to correct my spelling errors. it's called typing fast buddy. Is that the best you can do?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: