Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
kgisbigticket
Banned

kgisbigticket has an OK reputation so far
Default Josh Howard or Dirk Nowitzki, who is the Mavs best player now?

Josh Howard or Dirk Nowitzki, who is the Mavs best player now?
kgisbigticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Josh Howard or Dirk Nowitzki, who is the Mavs best player now?

Its still Dirk regardless of what crazy ass Bill Walton proclaims.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Josh Howard is good and all, but still Dirk is the main man.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

howard will take over soon, give him another year, he'll become more dominant but not as effective if that makes sense.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #5
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Seems like JHo is progressing and Irk Nowtizki is digressing.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #6
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here

Haven't watched too many Mavs games this year so I could be wrong. But from what I've seen, Howard is the better individual player this year while Dirk is more important to his team's success.
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:52 PM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dirk has simply taken a backseat so far this year while other players develop. Its alot like what Duncan does for the Spurs early while they experiment with lineups. Howard is clearly the better two way player but Dirks offense is still far better and is the main reason why Howard (and the rest of the team) gets so many one on ones to exploit.

Howard has improved again so far this year though. Its pretty impressive considering nearly every year Mavs fans seem to think he has topped out only to be pleasantly surprised he has added yet another dimension to his game.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro is considered somewhat cooleeeeeebro is considered somewhat cool

josh howard why? well every time i watch a mavericks game i see josh howard everywhere the action is. dont get me wrong Dirk comes in a strong second place and arguably is #1 but to me josh howard adds the bad boy effect they need to win it all.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #9
Sneakerpro
I hit open 5-footers

Sneakerpro has an OK reputation so far

For the Mavericks to win a championship this needs to be an argument.
Sneakerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #10
-primetime-

Dirk has scored 31 pts the last 2 games...

he was clutch last night against the Suns...

after these last two games this shouldn't be an arguement...Dirk is the man
Old 12-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #11
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
josh howard why? well every time i watch a mavericks game i see josh howard everywhere the action is. dont get me wrong Dirk comes in a strong second place and arguably is #1 but to me josh howard adds the bad boy effect they need to win it all.

He is a little crazy, I will admit that much. Usually if there is a scuffle on the court you will see JHo (and Stack close behind) running into the fray.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #12
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Howard scores more...shoot better overall and from 3 and from the line....turns the ball over less..and plays better defense. And hes the teams leader in plus/minus ratings. First time Dirk is not the teams leader there in 5 years(I can only check back to 02).

Yet Dirk is still the teams best player. I dont mean that as some kind of mocking/sarcastic thing. He really is. Its odd considering all of the above...but Dirk is that teams best player.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #13
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Dirk has scored 31 pts the last 2 games...

he was clutch last night against the Suns...

after these last two games this shouldn't be an arguement...Dirk is the man
hahahah dirk being clutch lmao.

remember vs goldenstate?
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:42 PM   #14
LilJonIsSoCrunk
banned camp

LilJonIsSoCrunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
howard will take over soon, give him another year, he'll become more dominant but not as effective if that makes sense.

of couse it makes sense, we've all watched kobe
LilJonIsSoCrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:47 PM   #15
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
hahahah dirk being clutch lmao.

remember vs goldenstate?

one bad series does not define a player.

of course in todays "what have you done for me lately, I want instant gratification b/c I'm a spoiled ass American that has been told his whole life how special I am and how I deserve only good and oh by the way buy more stuff to show up the terrorists world", thats the sad fact.

Anyone with a brain that has followed the NBA knows Dirk has consistently stepped up in the playoffs and one bad series vs GS and a mediocre one against Miami should not change that. Of course, you actually need a brain for this to make sense.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: