Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 12-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #1
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Default Trade Ideas

Post your 76ers trade ideas here, since it's looking like they'll be making a move or two this year.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Default Re: Trade Ideas

Scenario #1: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=557~2810~933~2423&teams=14~14~ 20~20&te=&cash=

Nice little trade, give Philly some talent and an expirer. Dorrell Wright could develop into something nice. Miami gets Miller to join D-Wade in the backcourt. Probably won't win them a championship, but puts them one move closer to getting one. And if it doesn't work, Miller only has two years left on his deal anyway.

Scenario #2: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2386~3046~2423&teams=14~20~20& te=&cash=

Also add in a first rounder going to Philly. Philadelphia gets Wright to develop, and a future 1st rounder to go along with the one they already own, and Quinn is just a filler. Miami gets a sidekick for D-Wade, and Ricky Davis can come off the bench.

Scenario #3: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2386~557~3046~933~2423&teams=1 4~14~20~20~20&te=&cash=

Basically a combination of #1 and #2, and Philly gets Miami's 1st rounder this time, too. Miami gets a legitimate shot at contending this year, and Philly gets three guys who are expirers and they have the option to not resign any of them if they don't like what they got this season, and they still have a pick that might end up making lottery.

That's it for my scenarios. Share yours, and comment on mine.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

One more: Trade Dalembert to Miami for Jason Williams, and a filler if salaries don't match up. Maybe Williams/Wright for Dalembert.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

This was just messing around :P

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature... ~20&te=&cash=
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix

I'd like the deal if Bibby could opt out. Can he?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #6
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

trade this roster for our 2001 roster >no? haha jus playing . but seriously we are playing with such a low stack of chips we gotta make some kind of move.
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #7
Maravich
Can barely lace up my sneakers

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...0~29&te=&cash=
draft picks could be included

Why for Philly: AI isn't a real franchise player and probably he never will be. in gasol they get one, and with navarro, warrick and head they add 3 players who should be great in a fast pace offense with young, williams and smith.

Why for Mem: they fire coach I and become slower. they add a great young SG (AI), a mentor for their young PGs (miller), a young PF who could turn into a good player and some expirings (and maybe a 1st rounder from philly). now they can trade miller for capspace and/or picks

Why for Hou: they get their rebounder in evans and lose head and snyders expiring. maybe they can get a 2nd rounder

so, interested?
Maravich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #8
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

This is more a bulls trade idea, just involving you.

Ben Gordon straight up for Andre Miller

This gives you a second scorer to play alongside Iguodala so that he can go back to being the all-around player that he should be instead of worrying about scoring every time he touches the ball.

Two problems that I see: one, I doubt the money is even.. I think (not at all sure) that Miller makes around 8 mil a year, and gordon makes about 3.5 mil. so that wouldn't work out.. but we could always through in a scrub or two to make it work.

Secondly, that leaves you without a true point guard. Louis Williams is a Ben Gordon clone, just worse... and neither of them should be playing PG cuz I don't think either of them has ever learned how to pass. But with the good PG prospects coming up in the draft, maybe this is a deal with that draft in mind? Or maybe it's a possible S and T this summer, since Gordon is up for an extension?

Just an idea, lemme know
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #9
donsanchez306

have you seen our new gm ? he's not running the show like george bush. as for this trade i thought bulls wanted miller for kirk h. gordan for s n t ??? possibly for a scrub named tyrus thomas lol. im thinking eddy is a bit smarter and waits to trade miller when we have cap space and trades him for someone with a nineteen million 21 million contract. just a guess.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #10
Vancouver-Grizz
Where is MOTEN???

I usually don't like to talk about trades cause ..... Its pointless unless you are an actual GM BUT I think this trade actually helps 3 teams very well.

I played around with ESPNs trade machine and came up with this

MIAMI

Jason Williams -1yr- ($8,937,500) to New York
Ricky Davis -1yr- ($6,819,000) to New York

NEW YORK

Zach Randolph -4yr- (13,333,333) to Philadelphia
David Lee -2yr- ($990,600) to Miami

PHILADELPHIA

Thaddeus Young -2yr- (1,830,720) to Miami
Samuel Dalembert -4yr- (10,251,435) to Miami

So the trades ends up like this

MIAMI gets

Thaddeus Young -2yr- (1,830,720) to Miami
Samuel Dalembert -4yr- (10,251,435) to Miami
David Lee -2yr- ($990,600) to Miami

NEW YORK gets

Jason Williams -1yr- ($8,937,500) to New York
Ricky Davis -1yr- ($6,819,000) to New York

PHILADELPHIA gets

Zach Randolph -4yr- (13,333,333) to Philadelphia

Miami gets a very promising David Lee and a established defensive player in Dalembert. Young could work well off Miami's bench.
This gives them the line up of:

Marcus Banks
Dawyne Wade
Shawn Marion
David Lee
Samuel Dalembert

New York needs to cut down on Payroll and this is the perfect time to do it. Leagues higest payroll and a below average team would be more then happy to accept 2 expiring contract. Zach Randolph will NOT make a difference in New York's record.

Philadelphia get a established low post scorer which I think can excel when he is the focal point of the offense. This gives the line up of:

Andre Miller
Gordon Giricek
Andre Iguodala
Zach Randolph
Reggie Evens

Whadda you think???
Vancouver-Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:27 PM   #11
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Randolph kills the deal. I looked at Miami and said, wow, they look like a contender now. But seeing Randolph to Philadelphia wiped the smile off of my face. He won't be a 76er, they want youth, and he has too hefty of a contract.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:52 AM   #12
donsanchez306

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Randolph kills the deal. I looked at Miami and said, wow, they look like a contender now. But seeing Randolph to Philadelphia wiped the smile off of my face. He won't be a 76er, they want youth, and he has too hefty of a contract.
reggie evans at c gg at sg. i'd rather start our seven footer jason smith at center and move iggy/carney to sg while the other plays sf.why would we give away thad young.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:28 AM   #13
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Scenario #1: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=557~2810~933~2423&teams=14~14~ 20~20&te=&cash=

Nice little trade, give Philly some talent and an expirer. Dorrell Wright could develop into something nice. Miami gets Miller to join D-Wade in the backcourt. Probably won't win them a championship, but puts them one move closer to getting one. And if it doesn't work, Miller only has two years left on his deal anyway.

Scenario #2: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2386~3046~2423&teams=14~20~20& te=&cash=

Also add in a first rounder going to Philly. Philadelphia gets Wright to develop, and a future 1st rounder to go along with the one they already own, and Quinn is just a filler. Miami gets a sidekick for D-Wade, and Ricky Davis can come off the bench.

Scenario #3: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2386~557~3046~933~2423&teams=1 4~14~20~20~20&te=&cash=

Basically a combination of #1 and #2, and Philly gets Miami's 1st rounder this time, too. Miami gets a legitimate shot at contending this year, and Philly gets three guys who are expirers and they have the option to not resign any of them if they don't like what they got this season, and they still have a pick that might end up making lottery.

That's it for my scenarios. Share yours, and comment on mine.

WTF are you smoking?

These are some of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen. Maybe you should stick to posting in the Spurs forum because those proposals are downright disgusting.

The Sixers are attempting to develop their young talent and doing a decent job at it surprisingly. What in the world would they want to do with Jason Williams? Andre Miller is a good point guard. The Sixers would actually need to get offered something more than an expiring contract and another swingman to obtain Miller.

You honestly think the Sixers would be inclined to give up their best player in Iggy to get Dorell Wright? And people thought that the Gasol trade was bad. This is one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen.

Nonetheless what really takes the cake as the worst trade proposal I've ever seen is trade scenario 3. This one just makes me laugh. I'm sure the sixers would be willing to give up their two best players for a combination of Chris Quinn, Jason Williams, and Dorell Wright. Wow, I'm pretty speechless. Last I checked the sixers had a much better record, more cap room, and more young talent than the Heat.

Chris Quinn is lucky that he's even playing in the NBA. Jason Williams probably won't be in the league after this year. Dorell Wright is a mediocre project at best. Thaddeus Young looks like 3x the player Wright is and he's a rookie. Please try harder next time.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #14
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
WTF are you smoking?

These are some of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen. Maybe you should stick to posting in the Spurs forum because those proposals are downright disgusting.

The Sixers are attempting to develop their young talent and doing a decent job at it surprisingly. What in the world would they want to do with Jason Williams? Andre Miller is a good point guard. The Sixers would actually need to get offered something more than an expiring contract and another swingman to obtain Miller.

You honestly think the Sixers would be inclined to give up their best player in Iggy to get Dorell Wright? And people thought that the Gasol trade was bad. This is one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen.

Nonetheless what really takes the cake as the worst trade proposal I've ever seen is trade scenario 3. This one just makes me laugh. I'm sure the sixers would be willing to give up their two best players for a combination of Chris Quinn, Jason Williams, and Dorell Wright. Wow, I'm pretty speechless. Last I checked the sixers had a much better record, more cap room, and more young talent than the Heat.

Chris Quinn is lucky that he's even playing in the NBA. Jason Williams probably won't be in the league after this year. Dorell Wright is a mediocre project at best. Thaddeus Young looks like 3x the player Wright is and he's a rookie. Please try harder next time.

Looking back, I am not quite sure what I was on at the time.

But if what I'm assuming is correct, that you just clicked on the links and didn't read the text under them, then it does look like a downright ass-raping. In trade one, I have no excuse for my stupidity. That was just a flatout messup. In the second trade, I added a first round pick to the deal for the 76ers, giving them Dorrell Wright (expirer), Chris Quinn (expirer, filler), and a draft pick that may or may not end up being the #1 overall pick. It would likely be protected, however, and Philadelphia would look very bad in the short term without their best player. In the third trade, I also have a first rounder, along with Dorrell Wright, Jason Williams, and Chris Quinn, which gives Philadelphia some cap space in the offseason, as well as possibly two lottery picks, or a draft pick down the road. This too was a mistake, as Philadelphia loses their two best players.

In conclusion, I would give myself a grade of 0/3. However, I do not think they are the "worst trades ever", but yes; they are pretty bad. And I no longer think that Iguodala will get traded.

Oh, and as for the fourth trade proposal, I really like Dalembert right now, and I hope he isn't traded. Make that 0/4.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: