Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 12-28-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

Default Marny's Full Mock Draft 1.0

I finally decided to come out with my first full mock draft. I do not have a wide range of knowledge about all of the draft prospects, but scouting profiles, coupled with team needs, helped me get through this. I am using the order from nbadraft.net. Note that these picks are how I think they should go, not how I necessarily think they will go.
MOCK DRAFT 1.0

By Marny Navis
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves- Derrick Rose, PG, Memphis* I chose Rose for this pick rather than Beasley or Mayo because I believe he has the best chance of being a successful player in the league, and has the best attitude of the three. There is little chance that he will be suspended or become a head case, and you cannot say that about Beasley or Mayo. He has good length and athleticism, and if he can develop a solid jump shot, he could be a franchise player. Right now I see him as a great, but not amazing player. I see him averaging 16-18 ppg, 6-7 apg, 4-5 rpg, and 1.5-2 spg.
  2. Seattle Supersonics- Eric Gordon, SG, Indiana* I chose him here over Beasley and Mayo for the same reasons as mentioned above. I believe he could be a great compliment to Kevin Durant, and will draw attention away from him. I like Gordon's offensive ability very much, and I think he will eventually become a 22-25 ppg scorer in the league. DeAndre Jordan challenged for this pick, but I feel he may be too raw, and the Sonics are in desparate need of someone to be KD's sidekick for the future. Jeff Green is no better than a third offensive option in this league. Gordon also has ballhandling skills, which is good because I don't like the ball in KD's hands right now, I like him working off-ball to get a shot. My projected stats for Gordon is: 22-25 ppg, 5-6 apg, 3-4 rpg, 1-2 spg.
  3. Memphis Grizzlies- DeAndre Jordan, C, Texas A&M* Once again, Beasley and Mayo slip. This time, it's more due to the fact that Memphis right now is not in need of a PF or an SG. If Mike Miller or Pau Gasol is traded, one of them might get picked here, but with Juan Carlos Navarro's solid performance at the 2, and Gay's at the 3, there is not room for either of these players. What there is room for is a center. I know, they just signed Darko Milicic this offseason. I think that Gasol will end up being traded, and Milicic will then move down to the 4. They will need a center or a PF in the draft to match with him, and who better than young, athletic DeAndre Jordan? There is not a center in this draft with more potential than this young man here. He is 7 feet tall, and Memphis would create big mismatches with Milicic's shooting ability and Jordan's athleticism. Predicted stats: 16-19 ppg, 9-10 rpg, 1.5-2 bpg.
  4. Miami Heat- Michael Beasley, SF/PF, Kansas State* Although Beasley probably wouldn't be able to cope with being the #2 option on offense, he cannot slip any farther. Miami must take a chance on him, because he is their best option at once again making the NBA Finals. He can rebound, shoot, and get to the basket. However, he will need the will and the drive to be successful in the NBA. He will not be able to just dominate everyone like he is doing right now on the next level. If that's his mindset, then he will be nothing more than a defensively challenged Ron Artest. If he does take the game seriously and plays with the drive to win, then he will be a very good NBA player. He is a big risk, IMO, but Miami is in a position to take risks. Projected stats: 25-30 ppg, 8-9 rpg, 4-5 apg, 1-2 bpg, 1-2 spg.
  5. New York Knicks- O.J. Mayo, SG/PG, USC* I know, he has a crappy attitude and is probably just going to be another Stephon Marbury. But I do have faith that in the right situation, surrounded by talented players that play for the we, not the me, he could thrive. He has proven that he plays best on the biggest stage, and there is no bigger stage than in Madison Square Garden. If New York can make a few trades and get rid of some of their headcases, then Mayo will fit in just fine. Plus, Mayo may be the best player in the draft, and at #5, when you start to hit the 2nd tier players, you will be very thankful to get your hand on a talent like O.J. I'm not so sure his game will translate to the NBA very well, but I am excited at the prospect of him being a second Gilbert Arenas. Here's to hoping. 24-28 ppg, 4-5 rpg, 5-6 apg, 1-2 spg, 0-1 bpg.
  6. Los Angeles Clippers- Jerryd Bayless, PG/SG, Arizona* L.A. will have a big decision to make this upcoming offseason: Re-sign Elton Brand, or let him go? I personally think it's time to let the guy go and start the rebuilding process. They already have a few young talents to begin developing with: Al Thornton, Chris Kaman, and even Shaun Livingston if he can stay healthy. Bayless is a versatile guard best suited to be a PG. Livingston has the size to play the two, but I think he's a 1, also. If I'm L.A., I think I will take Bayless and if Livingston struggles, I commit myself to Jerryd, and if Livingston does well, I will try and get Bayless to learn the 2, which I don't think he'd be bad at. On D, Livingston could guard the 2 and Bayless the 1. I'm not too comfortable with this pick, but I see no other option, except perhaps Nic Batum, who I think may end up being a bust if he went to the Clippers. Projected Stats: 15-20 ppg, 2-3 rpg, 6-8 apg, 1-2 spg, 0-0.5 bpg.
  7. Chicago Bulls- Roy Hibbert, C, Georgetown We have our first non-Freshman. I know this pick will not please Bulls-fans too much, but Hibbert is the best option they've got. The best talents right now are guards and small forwards, and Blake Griffin, a PF, is a monster on the boards but has very little inside scoring ability right now. Hibbert can come in and at least be solid. He won't be a monster in this league, but he will give Chicago size, something the lack down low, and he does have some offensive ability, just not a whole lot. He has a soft touch and can hit the open shot. He's not an athlete, but Tyrus Thomas or Joakim Noah, whoever's next to him, can take on that guy, while Hibbert focuses on the more athletically challenged opponent. Predicted stats: 10-12 ppg, 9-11 rpg, 2-2.5 bpg, 2 apg.
  8. Charlotte Bobcats- Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma* Griffin isn't a great scorer, but he rebounds like a beast. I could see him in the top 5 in rebounding some day. He's not tall, but he's strong and athletic. He can defend the more athletic guy since Okafor has had trouble with that. I would suggest trading the pick if this guy weren't available. Overall, I can see him averaging 10-14 ppg, 10-13 rpg, 1-1.5 bpg, 0 spg. If his scoring improves, he may be able to put up numbers in the 20s.
  9. Philadelphia 76ers- Nicolas Batum, SG/SF, France 1988 Batum is a young kid, and I've heard he's been struggling overseas. If I'm Philly, I take the risk of him busting anyway. I think Batum could end up being a very special player, and may even become better than Andre Iguodala. He's athletic and can play a little bit of defense. Lots of potential, size, and athleticism. Shot looks a little funky, but it's been effective at times. Should probably be tweaked a little bit. Overall, Batum's a very raw prospect, but Philadelphia needs to take a chance on him. Projected stats: 17-18 ppg, 5-7 rpg, 4-5 apg, 1-1.5 bpg, 1-1.5 spg.
  10. Milwaukee Bucks- Donte Greene, SF, Syracuse* Milwaukee really has no major needs right now. They have at least one guy at every position that could start, but I see no true SF. They need a guy who can take the ball to the rim and be athletic on offense, IMO, to take some pressure off of Redd. Greene's stock has soared this year, and he has no major flaws, except perhaps ball handling. He's good, but not great in any one area. If he bulks up just a little bit, he could become a real threat posting his man up down low. He also has a nice shot, giving Andrew Bogut four solid options to kick the ball out to during the game. Projected stats: 15-16 ppg, 6-7 rpg, 3-4 apg, 1-2 bpg, 0.5-1.5 spg.
  11. Sacramento Kings- Darren Collison, PG, UCLA Collison is a small point guard who is not very strong. He belongs in the third tier, IMO, but Sacramento will need a new PG since Bibby's getting older. Beno Udrih has put up nice numbers, but I don't see him as a full-time starter in this league. You could argue that PF or C might be a need to get a guy alongside Hawes, but I would like to see them get a compliment to Kevin Martin first. Collison has good defense, and can steal pretty well. This part of his game may not translate to the NBA very well, however. His jump shot is not spectacular, either. He is a risk, IMO, but he would be a nice piece to have around Kevin Martin. Projected stats: 11-14 ppg, 1-2 rpg, 7-9 apg, 2 spg.
  12. Cleveland Cavaliers- Brook Lopez, C/PF, Stanford Z is getting old, and Gooden will likely be traded. That leaves room for at least one new guy to step in. There aren't many good options at this point, as all the tier 2 guys are gone. However, they can still get a solid guy, and Lopez can be just that. Lopez is a big guy at 7-0, 260 pounds, and has a surprisingly good shot for a 7-footer. He has problems off the court, but he has just been allowed to play again, and should make strong improvements this season. A bit of a risk, but the Cavs need a guy of his size and skillset. Projected stats: 10-12 ppg, 8-10 rpg, 1 bpg, 1-2 apg.
  13. Houston Rockets- Chase Budinger, SG/SF, Arizona Budinger is an athlete with good size and a great jumpshot. He would give the Rockets a nice scorer to develop and take over once T-Mac's time has passed. Budinger would probably benefit from staying in school another year to become a more complete prospect. I could see him averaging 17-18 ppg, 4-5 apg, 3-4 rpg in the league.
  14. Utah Jazz- Tyler Smith, SF, Tennessee Utah could use a strong, athletic kid like Smith coming off the bench. He would make them deeper and more athletic. He has an okay jumper, and nbadraft.net has him compared to Michael Finley. Probably won't be that good, but we're getting to the point where you're just hoping someone at least develops into a good 6th or 7th man. Maybe 8-11 ppg, 6 rpg, 3 apg and some good D.
*Denotes Freshman
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
marny_navis
Banned

Default Re: Marny's Full Mock Draft 1.0

(continued)
15. New Jersey Nets- Danilo Gallinari, SF, Italy 1988

16. Washington Wizards- DeVon Hardin, PF, California

17. Toronto Raptors- Hasheem Thabeet, C, Connecticut

18. Indiana Pacers- Tywon Lawson, PG, UNC

19. Phoenix Suns (ATL)- Serge Ibaka, PF, Congo 1989

20. Portland Trailblazers- Kevin Love, PF, UCLA*

21. Golden State Warriors- Andrew Ogilvy, C, Vanderbilt*

22. Denver Nuggets- Bryce Taylor, SG, Oregon

23. Orlando Magic- Brandon Rush, SG, Kansas

24. Los Angeles Lakers- Trent Plaisted, C, BYU

25. New Orleans Hornets- Davon Jefferson, SF, USC*

26. Dallas Mavericks- D.J. White, PF, Indiana

27. Seattle Supersonics (PHX)- D.J. Augustin, PG, Texas

28. San Antonio Spurs- Longar Longar, PF/C, Oklahoma

29. Detroit Pistons- Joey Dorsey, PF/C, Memphis

30. Boston Celtics- Taj Gibson, PF, USC

*Denotes Freshman

Old 12-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

I think it will be brought up in every thread, and beat to death, but I just can't decide between Rose and Beasley. Personally I would go with Rose, but just looking at Minnesota, they have young guys in Telfair, Foye, McCants, Brewer, and Green. All those guys could be above average NBA players. Up front, outside of Jefferson, they really don't have all that much. Craig Smith must be the biggest suprise this season, but the Wolves are awful, and I doubt he is a player on many other teams. Gomes will be decent for many years. Why not add a piece like Beasley to that team? Jefferson plays the post so he could be the center. Then start Telfair/Jaric at point, and some combo of Brewer, McCants, Gomes, and Green at SG/SF.

To top it off, Minnesota is among the worst teams in the NBA in scoring. I believe a great PG would increase scoring just as much because of passing and leading the team, but how good will Rose be at those things at 20 or 21? Beasley is an instant upgrade and scoring option. I hate to compare him to Durant, but he may be an instant 18pts. Rose may get 14 and 5, but how many plays does he make bad decisions? I know this team doesn't expect to win now anyway, but even Paul and Williams made a lot of mistakes early in their careers despite their numbers. Beasley might be the safer choice despite his attitude issues.

I also have an issue with Seattle taking Gordon over Mayo. I'm not a huge Mayo fan either, but he is a better prospect I think. Neither will be a PG, but Mayo is more comfortable with the ball in his hands, plays a bit bigger than his size, and is taller. Gordon is a better shooter, but I think it really comes down to Mayo's shot selection. If he ever had a coach that took away his green light, he would be a killer scorer. Mayo is not a smart player, but is more talented that Gordon. I would be willing to take on Mayo's downfalls before Gordon's. Mayo at this point is a Francis/Marbury kind of player, but I just think he is worth taking the risk because of his upside.

The Seattle thing is kind of pointless for me to harp on, however, because I think we both would agree Seattle would take Rose if Minny went with Beasley.

I do love the idea of Beasley playing with Wade, however. He would get about 1 minute a game as a rookie with Riley coaching, but the following year, he would explode. I think a great coach would go a long way with him. Mayo with NY would just be funny, but I don't wish getting picked by NY on anybody.

I like Love with Portland a lot. I am starting to like Love and Portland more and more, and they would be a great fit. Love would have to come off the bench most likely, but Oden has not proven to be very durable yet, so it can't hurt.

I know it is kind of being picky, but the last 3 picks I am not crazy about either. Longar is kind of interesting pick, but I see them going younger at swingman with Finely and Bowen not getting any younger. I think Kyle Weaver might be a guy they would look at if they go for a college player. Dorsey to Detroit is kind of overkill with Maxiel in place. I think Longar Longar might make more sense for them, but Heytvelt and McGee from Nevada might be good picks as well if they enter. Gibson I like to Boston, but I just think they would go international at that point. It is nice to think that a good prospect like Gibson would get the nod, but there will pressure to take a guy they don't have to pay right away knowing they will have to give a big raise to Rondo soon, and have to pay Perkins, House, Posey, Tony Allen, and Glen Davis who are all proving to at least be key role players. All will look for raises, and the Celtics need those type of players for the big 3 to work.

Last edited by monthh : 12-28-2007 at 10:10 PM.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #4
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
I think it will be brought up in every thread, and beat to death, but I just can't decide between Rose and Beasley. Personally I would go with Rose, but just looking at Minnesota, they have young guys in Telfair, Foye, McCants, Brewer, and Green. All those guys could be above average NBA players. Up front, outside of Jefferson, they really don't have all that much. Craig Smith must be the biggest suprise this season, but the Wolves are awful, and I doubt he is a player on many other teams. Gomes will be decent for many years. Why not add a piece like Beasley to that team? Jefferson plays the post so he could be the center. Then start Telfair/Jaric at point, and some combo of Brewer, McCants, Gomes, and Green at SG/SF.

To top it off, Minnesota is among the worst teams in the NBA in scoring. I believe a great PG would increase scoring just as much because of passing and leading the team, but how good will Rose be at those things at 20 or 21? Beasley is an instant upgrade and scoring option. I hate to compare him to Durant, but he may be an instant 18pts. Rose may get 14 and 5, but how many plays does he make bad decisions? I know this team doesn't expect to win now anyway, but even Paul and Williams made a lot of mistakes early in their careers despite their numbers. Beasley might be the safer choice despite his attitude issues.

I also have an issue with Seattle taking Gordon over Mayo. I'm not a huge Mayo fan either, but he is a better prospect I think. Neither will be a PG, but Mayo is more comfortable with the ball in his hands, plays a bit bigger than his size, and is taller. Gordon is a better shooter, but I think it really comes down to Mayo's shot selection. If he ever had a coach that took away his green light, he would be a killer scorer. Mayo is not a smart player, but is more talented that Gordon. I would be willing to take on Mayo's downfalls before Gordon's. Mayo at this point is a Francis/Marbury kind of player, but I just think he is worth taking the risk because of his upside.

The Seattle thing is kind of pointless for me to harp on, however, because I think we both would agree Seattle would take Rose if Minny went with Beasley.

I do love the idea of Beasley playing with Wade, however. He would get about 1 minute a game as a rookie with Riley coaching, but the following year, he would explode. I think a great coach would go a long way with him. Mayo with NY would just be funny, but I don't wish getting picked by NY on anybody.

I like Love with Portland a lot. I am starting to like Love and Portland more and more, and they would be a great fit. Love would have to come off the bench most likely, but Oden has not proven to be very durable yet, so it can't hurt.

I know it is kind of being picky, but the last 3 picks I am not crazy about either. Longar is kind of interesting pick, but I see them going younger at swingman with Finely and Bowen not getting any younger. I think Kyle Weaver might be a guy they would look at if they go for a college player. Dorsey to Detroit is kind of overkill with Maxiel in place. I think Longar Longar might make more sense for them, but Heytvelt and McGee from Nevada might be good picks as well if they enter. Gibson I like to Boston, but I just think they would go international at that point. It is nice to think that a good prospect like Gibson would get the nod, but there will pressure to take a guy they don't have to pay right away knowing they will have to give a big raise to Rondo soon, and have to pay Perkins, House, Posey, Tony Allen, and Glen Davis who are all proving to at least be key role players. All will look for raises, and the Celtics need those type of players for the big 3 to work.

Hey man, I had no clue what I was doing with the last few picks. I got worn out after the lottery part and stopped with the personal views on the picks.

Now, to the top five picks. They gave me a bit of stress, but I'm a big attitude guy. I know that Beasley will have a bad attitude in the NBA. I know that for a fact. He will be a lockerroom cancer. However, I think Miami's desperate enough to take him. I agree, he'd be good in Minny, but I just hate his attitude. It has got to go. He may have a short period of time in his career when he does well, trying to play team basketball, but eventually he will revert back to his normal self. I don't want to draft him in the top three if I have other good options. Seattle has no need for him whatsoever. Memphis, I think he could go there. Very possible, and I almost put him there. Mayo, maybe he should have gone higher. But he's going to be a ballhog, too. He could be very special, maybe even Gilbert-good. But Minny doesn't need him, Seattle doesn't need him stealing KD's shots, and Memphis just doesn't have the roster spot for him. Maybe if they get rid of Miller, then he could go there. I think Memphis will be making at least one deal this year. Eric Gordon is just a safer pick, IMO, because he is not a headcase and will probably have a higher shot percentage. Jordan could bust, but Memphis needs another big man.

I liked Love to Portland as well. He is a player that could actually start in the NBA, and there are no legit SF's available, so why not invest in him and if nothing else, at least get great help off the bench? And if Oden or Aldridge get injured, they've got a replacement.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:17 AM   #5
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Douglas Roberts... what class is he in?
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:34 AM   #6
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

good mock. but i doubt the heat drafts a forward. they need a PG right now. eric gordon,bayless or mayo fits them
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #7
monthh
Local High School Star

Douglas-Roberts is a junior.

The Heat need a PG, but if Beasley is on the board they better take him. This team needs the most talented. Beasley, Haslem, and Shaq would be a good frontcourt. The Heat really need a #2 scorer. Shaq is close to done. Ricky Davis is Ricky Davis. In a pinch I would take Wade over Gordon and Mayo at point.

Marny, I think you are taking attitude a little too far. At least in terms of draft position. Personally you may not take him until 4 or 5, but I don't think NBA teams would feel the same way. They all think they can knock them into shape. Unless a guy has a history of drug/alcohol abuse, fighting, getting kicked off teams, and things like that, an attitude problem may not be a huge deal to most teams.

As for Mayo, I think his ballhog issues will be taken into account, but again, I said that a coach that takes away his green light and teaches him to make better decisions. I think if Mayo thought when he was on the court her would be a better defender, scorer, rebounder, passer, and maybe even shooter than Gordon. Plus he is taller and you can't teach size. Just watching Mayo play with natural ability actually kind of impresses me and think about how good he could be with NBA coaches.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:19 PM   #8
monthh
Local High School Star

I also just noticed that you had Augustine a little lower than I would have him. I think Washington way up at 16 could take him. There aren't many other teams that need a young PG, but I think someone would grab him based on his talent. I really like him as a player. Very underrated in college basketball. I said it last year that I thought he was just as important as Durant for Texas' success. This year he is proving it by getting them into the top 10. Augustine seems like the type of guy who knows what his team needs. If it is to feed Durant or another guy that is hot, then that is what he does. If he needs to get to the basket or hit outside shots, then he does that. He is a much smarter player in that regard than I think Lawson is. The only issue is that I think things will be much harder for him in the NBA. He won't be able to go out and drop 22 if his team needs help scoring. But he will still be a good player and able to make smart decisions.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #9
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOYE4MVP
good mock. but i doubt the heat drafts a forward. they need a PG right now. eric gordon,bayless or mayo fits them

Gordon ain't gonna be a PG, and Mayo won't be one, either, with the Heat. No way in hell. He'd steal all the shots from D. Bayless, well, maybe, but Beasley's got talent.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #10
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Douglas-Roberts is a junior.

The Heat need a PG, but if Beasley is on the board they better take him. This team needs the most talented. Beasley, Haslem, and Shaq would be a good frontcourt. The Heat really need a #2 scorer. Shaq is close to done. Ricky Davis is Ricky Davis. In a pinch I would take Wade over Gordon and Mayo at point.

Marny, I think you are taking attitude a little too far. At least in terms of draft position. Personally you may not take him until 4 or 5, but I don't think NBA teams would feel the same way. They all think they can knock them into shape. Unless a guy has a history of drug/alcohol abuse, fighting, getting kicked off teams, and things like that, an attitude problem may not be a huge deal to most teams.

As for Mayo, I think his ballhog issues will be taken into account, but again, I said that a coach that takes away his green light and teaches him to make better decisions. I think if Mayo thought when he was on the court her would be a better defender, scorer, rebounder, passer, and maybe even shooter than Gordon. Plus he is taller and you can't teach size. Just watching Mayo play with natural ability actually kind of impresses me and think about how good he could be with NBA coaches.

Well I would just rather take another tier one guy ahead of another tier one guy if the other one has attitude problems and the first one doesn't. It's a bit of a safer pick.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:32 PM   #11
kumquat
College superstar

Nice mock, i agree with you on Beasley and Mayo slipping because of their attitudes and lacking of team concept, but Mayo to the Knicks would just be hilarious. I hope Steph is still around to tutor him.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #12
kumquat
College superstar

Quote:
I think it will be brought up in every thread, and beat to death, but I just can't decide between Rose and Beasley. Personally I would go with Rose, but just looking at Minnesota, they have young guys in Telfair, Foye, McCants, Brewer, and Green. All those guys could be above average NBA players

I like the wolves core, but there's only so many above average nba players you can have on a team.

Telfair - he's putting up some nicer stats this season, but he's not worthy of a starting or even bench spot on a championship roster. Fools gold

Foye - I can see a starting backcourt of Foye and Rose, both combo type players. I'm a bit wary of starting those two together.

McCants - Still developing, but is nice instant scoring off the bench,

Brewer - Depending on how the team team meshes, could be a starter or a glue guy off the bench

Gomes - Same as above, I like these two guys playing SF

Green - I don't think Gerald will come to anything, the guy is like a 2nd rate ricky Davis

C - Shot blocker
PF - Jefferson/Smith
SF - Brewer/Gomes
SG - Foye
PG - Rose

To me, beasley just looks like a franchise killer, he'll dominate everything and then get a huge contract because of his numbers.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:33 PM   #13
monthh
Local High School Star

I guess I was just thinking that with that many young guys, how do you know who will break out?

C-Jefferson
PF-Beasley
SF-Brewer/Gomes
SG-McCants/Green
PG-Foye/Telfair

I like that team a lot. It just seems like if you have the youngest team in the NBA, you might as well have some balance to it. I don't see the point in having like 5 lottery pick caliber guards/swingmen who are under 23. Telfair is like 22, what is to say he doesn't break out when he hits his prime? Green and Brewer are both 21, they have plenty of time.

I would go with Rose, but I think you at least have to really think it over.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:22 AM   #14
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
I guess I was just thinking that with that many young guys, how do you know who will break out?

C-Jefferson
PF-Beasley
SF-Brewer/Gomes
SG-McCants/Green
PG-Foye/Telfair

I like that team a lot. It just seems like if you have the youngest team in the NBA, you might as well have some balance to it. I don't see the point in having like 5 lottery pick caliber guards/swingmen who are under 23. Telfair is like 22, what is to say he doesn't break out when he hits his prime? Green and Brewer are both 21, they have plenty of time.

I would go with Rose, but I think you at least have to really think it over.

That team would be very explosive down low.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:49 AM   #15
monthh
Local High School Star

That team would be explosive all over. I just think that if they take Rose, it will be like the Hawks taking SF year after year. I understand that Rose may be better than all of those guys, but at some point you have to trust that you used all those lottery picks on those guys and traded your teams best player ever for a reason. They started over for a reason, they are young, and won't win for years. Why not take a big risk for a guy that could be all about himself, but could also develop into a 25+ scorer that does it from inside and out.

Plus they suck out next year, get a top 3 pick and get Ricky Rubio if they still need a PG. They could also grab someone in the 2nd round this year. There doesn't look to be much there, but there should be a few international guys to take a look at.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: