Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-30-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
Smurf
I brick open layups

Smurf has an OK reputation so far
Default Randolph Anyone?

I think that the Lakers are still looking for another forward. I know Portland is looking to deal Zack Randolph and Darius Miles.
With the addition of Magloire this makes Z.R even more available.
I think we should make a try for Randolph (He likes Kobe alot) and since they gave up Blake in the trade we can throw in one of our guards.
What do you guys think?
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:24 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who do you give up for him? He does not seem like a system player which is needed in the Triangle.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:31 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
I think that the Lakers are still looking for another forward. I know Portland is looking to deal Zack Randolph and Darius Miles.
With the addition of Magloire this makes Z.R even more available.
I think we should make a try for Randolph (He likes Kobe alot) and since they gave up Blake in the trade we can throw in one of our guards.
What do you guys think?

DUde are you crazy.....that dude has 5 years 75 millions left on his contract and he is not a good civilian......we dont need a guy like him on our roster.....please think with your brain before you put a post like this.....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:44 PM   #4
Eastwood28
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Eastwood28 has an OK reputation so far
Default Sounds pretty good to me

Odom at the point
Kobe at the 2
Rad at 3
Randolph at the 4 (he plays hungry...reminds me of Cinderella Man)
Kwame manning the middle

I likes. Of course, the system-thing could come into play. But, then again, with Zach liking Kobe--and I'm sure the enticement of a ring--I'm sure ZR would work at learning it.

Thumbs up from me
Eastwood28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:54 PM   #5
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood28
Odom at the point
Kobe at the 2
Rad at 3
Kwame manning the middle

I likes. Of course, the system-thing could come into play. But, then again, with Zach liking Kobe--and I'm sure the enticement of a ring--I'm sure ZR would work at learning it.

Thumbs up from me

Dude, Randolph is not a system guy... he'd suck in the Triangle... look at more than just the statbook when you make some of these opinions...

Old 07-31-2006, 12:30 AM   #6
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

no friggin way...we don't need an underperforming nutcase with a huge contract
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:00 AM   #7
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected poster

No thanks. We dont need any more people who cant play D.
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:01 AM   #8
Legend
I hit open layups

Legend has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
DUde are you crazy.....that dude has 5 years 75 millions left on his contract and he is not a good civilian......we dont need a guy like him on our roster.....please think with your brain before you put a post like this.....

Even though this concept might be too complex for you simple mind huge risks can equal huge rewards. With a coach like Phil and a leader like Kobe Randolf could do much better in LA. (look at Rasheed Wallace idiot)
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:14 AM   #9
Smurf
I brick open layups

Smurf has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend
Even though this concept might be too complex for you simple mind huge risks can equal huge rewards. With a coach like Phil and a leader like Kobe Randolf could do much better in LA. (look at Rasheed Wallace idiot)

I 100% AGREE!
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:17 AM   #10
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

even if we did like him, we would have to trade LO or Kwame plus some other assets. his contract is just too onerous.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:27 AM   #11
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

I actually like the idea of randolph or miles comin to LA. With phil as the coach and kobe as the leader, I think he would have no problem. PJax was able to deal with rodman, despite his rep. I think randolph needs some place like LA to redeem himself. and dude is a good rebounder/scorer. he would fit great imo.

but hiss contract is too big so yea we would have to get rid of odom or kwame and im not up for that. other than that, id like him on the team.

im not sure what darius contract is but I think he would fit great also. talneted, long, athletic.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:41 AM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood28
Odom at the point
Kobe at the 2
Rad at 3
Kwame manning the middle

Thumbs up from me

I like Kobe at the point better because look how we did against phoenix in the playoffs when we had him run the offense.

I think Randolph is a good player and he wants to win so badly. This might be a good addition IF WE GET HIM.

Also for those who think he isn a good citizen, remember phil Controlled rodman and if u cAN do that u should be named Coach of the life time.
lakerfreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:52 AM   #13
bigdog13
High School JV MVP

bigdog13 has not been impressing people

There is now 15 posts to this rediculious idea and yet no one has suggested who would be traded the other way.
bigdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:39 AM   #14
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

I would prefer Miles over Randolph, but i doubt we have much that Portland would like because they just got Maglore and we don't have many other players that we could trade.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:47 AM   #15
SoCalMike

Guys, you are not paying attention... Randolph will not work in the Triangle.... get serious!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: