Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
marny_navis
Banned
 
marny_navis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,963
marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Tiago Splitter

How is he doing this season? I don't know much about his international situation, but I'm hoping he's really good, because when Duncan's gone San Antonio need someone to step up big. What's the scouting report on him?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:04 PM   #2
simasu01
Decent playground baller
 
simasu01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: LT>>NJ>>??
Posts: 376
simasu01 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

He's alright his team beat DKV Joventut. He plays around 30 minutes a game, scores about 14, and i think his effectiveness rating is 17.6
http://www.acb.com/jugador.php?id=B5P
there is his profile
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:36 PM   #3
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

He is still young with loads of potential.Not the greatest free throw shooter but then neither is Duncan!Has great games mixed with the odd stinker.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:13 PM   #4
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
How is he doing this season? I don't know much about his international situation, but I'm hoping he's really good, because when Duncan's gone San Antonio need someone to step up big. What's the scouting report on him?

MVP of the supercopa, best player of the ACB and arguably the best player in the euroleague. He still scores and rebounds despite being doubled, tripled and even quadrupled teamed. The only problem I see him having in the nba is the officials like to give ticky tack fouls to international players.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #5
simasu01
Decent playground baller
 
simasu01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: LT>>NJ>>??
Posts: 376
simasu01 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
MVP of the supercopa, best player of the ACB and arguably the best player in the euroleague. He still scores and rebounds despite being doubled, tripled and even quadrupled teamed. The only problem I see him having in the nba is the officials like to give ticky tack fouls to international players.

Basically a summary of him right there. Did you watch the Fiba Americas? You can see how he did there. And also brazil can still qualify for the Olympics.
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #6
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simasu01
Basically a summary of him right there. Did you watch the Fiba Americas? You can see how he did there. And also brazil can still qualify for the Olympics.

That was months ago and it wasn't Tiago Splitter's fault Brazil failed to qualify. His team was hastily put together and poorly organized. If I recall Tiago Splitter was the most consistent player of brazil and he did all right against team USA and Argentina, it was Nene and Barbosa that were disappointments for those big games.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
simasu01
Decent playground baller
 
simasu01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: LT>>NJ>>??
Posts: 376
simasu01 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

I didn't say he was bad, I liked the way he played. He showed a lot of energy and strength. Barbosa was alright, Nene wasn't good at all. Brazil still has a chance, don't they?
simasu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #8
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
MVP of the supercopa, best player of the ACB and arguably the best player in the euroleague. He still scores and rebounds despite being doubled, tripled and even quadrupled teamed. The only problem I see him having in the nba is the officials like to give ticky tack fouls to international players.
I can see you are either a TAU fan , a brazilian ,or both. How can you say he is the best player in the ACB?based on what?and of the euroleague?again based on what?I share with you the fact that splitter is a very good player,but the best in these two competitions you mention?surely just an opinion of yours.If you look at stats in the ACB he is 6th in terms of ratings.In Euroleague,9th.
As I say clear indications that we are talking of a very good player,but not the best by a bit of a stretch.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 AM   #9
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
I can see you are either a TAU fan , a brazilian ,or both. How can you say he is the best player in the ACB?based on what?and of the euroleague?again based on what?I share with you the fact that splitter is a very good player,but the best in these two competitions you mention?surely just an opinion of yours.If you look at stats in the ACB he is 6th in terms of ratings.In Euroleague,9th.
As I say clear indications that we are talking of a very good player,but not the best by a bit of a stretch.

Being ranked sixth and ninth does require best player consideration and I believe he leads the league in ranking per 40 minutes. Tiago Splitter lead his team behind CSKA in group A, won the supercopa and is one loss behind the leader of the ACB. What more does he have to prove? nothing against Rudy Fernandez but he's more of a statistical compiler than an impact player Tiago Splitter is. Tiago Splitter does his best when his team down and his opponent are at their offensive and defensive peak. No acb player performs better in money time than Tiago Splitter.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
Being ranked sixth and ninth does require best player consideration and I believe he leads the league in ranking per 40 minutes. Tiago Splitter lead his team behind CSKA in group A, won the supercopa and is one loss behind the leader of the ACB. What more does he have to prove? nothing against Rudy Fernandez but he's more of a statistical compiler than an impact player Tiago Splitter is. Tiago Splitter does his best when his team down and his opponent are at their offensive and defensive peak. No acb player performs better in money time than Tiago Splitter.
I wasn't saying he wasn't good,I was saying that there is no way of saying he is the best,other than a personal opinion,whereas you state it as a fact.I always said in my opinion Rudy is as clutch as anyone,he carries the team a lot of times.I never categorically implied he was the best player,just that he was one of ten best european players not in nba.You said that Splitter IS the best player in ACB and arguablly THE best player in the euroleague,though I am a fan of Splitter I think that statement is a bit of a stretch,however if its your opinion I respect it as such.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #11
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
I wasn't saying he wasn't good,I was saying that there is no way of saying he is the best,other than a personal opinion,whereas you state it as a fact.I always said in my opinion Rudy is as clutch as anyone,he carries the team a lot of times.I never categorically implied he was the best player,just that he was one of ten best european players not in nba.You said that Splitter IS the best player in ACB and arguablly THE best player in the euroleague,though I am a fan of Splitter I think that statement is a bit of a stretch,however if its your opinion I respect it as such.

Tiago Splitter was the mvp of the euroleague last week of course he deserves some consideration as the best player. Tau Ceramica is spain's lead team and Splitter's been carrying them to second behind CSKA and two games out of first in the ACB. I like Rudy Fernandez there's a chance he could not adjust to the nba but I think he'll be fine. If you watched a little more international basketball you would know there are other players that can do what he does.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #12
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
Tiago Splitter was the mvp of the euroleague last week of course he deserves some consideration as the best player. Tau Ceramica is spain's lead team and Splitter's been carrying them to second behind CSKA and two games out of first in the ACB. I like Rudy Fernandez there's a chance he could not adjust to the nba but I think he'll be fine. If you watched a little more international basketball you would know there are other players that can do what he does.
I watch loads of international basketball.obviously more so than you,atleast your knowledge of ACB isn't great.TAU spain's leading team?since when?I think they have won the league once!a few cups,and everytime they have made the final four in the last few editions they have been hammered!Barcelona,Madrid and DKV have a lot more history and trophies.
The are other players that can do what splitter does.Marc Gasol for example is doing so in the ACB this year,but then you don't know a lot about ACB.Gasol has better ft % better 2pt % gets more rebounds,forces more fouls and can shoot from 3.

Last edited by la bomba : 01-02-2008 at 10:06 PM.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:45 AM   #13
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
I watch loads of international basketball.obviously more so than you,atleast your knowledge of ACB isn't great.TAU spain's leading team?since when?I think they have won the league once!a few cups,and everytime they have made the final four in the last few editions they have been hammered!Barcelona,Madrid and DKV have a lot more history and trophies.
The are other players that can do what splitter does.Marc Gasol for example is doing so in the ACB this year,but then you don't know a lot about ACB.Gasol has better ft % better 2pt % gets more rebounds,forces more fouls and can shoot from 3.

I'll put the Marc Gasol is better Tiago Splitter comparison with my Yaniv Green is better thean Nicola Vujcic comparison, come on be serious for once.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #14
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
I'll put the Marc Gasol is better Tiago Splitter comparison with my Yaniv Green is better thean Nicola Vujcic comparison, come on be serious for once.
Look at the stats.I am being serious.I am not saying he is better all I am saying is his numbers are better,Gasol If you have been watching him hsa been amazing this year and you cannot dispute what i said about being a better shooter because he is.You might come up with that favourite phrase of yours about stats complier or whatever ,but what better way of knowing who is a better more effective shooter than by looking at percentages,especially from the line.
By the way real stinker in the euroleague by Splitter,mind you he only played 11 minutes.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:02 AM   #15
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
Look at the stats.I am being serious.I am not saying he is better all I am saying is his numbers are better,Gasol If you have been watching him hsa been amazing this year and you cannot dispute what i said about being a better shooter because he is.You might come up with that favourite phrase of yours about stats complier or whatever ,but what better way of knowing who is a better more effective shooter than by looking at percentages,especially from the line.
By the way real stinker in the euroleague by Splitter,mind you he only played 11 minutes.

It would of been unsportsmanlike for Tau Ceramica to play it's starters after the first quarter, Tau's backups were better than Prokom's starters. Saying Tiago Splitter played a stinker is misleading, if he played 25 minutes he would of easily had 20 and 10. I could make an even better argument with statistics that Yaniv Green is a better player than Nikola Vujcic and Nikola Vujcic defense is so bad that on some teams I would rather have Yaniv Green than Nikola Vujcic. Marc Gasol is a good player but could be tougher in the paint, Yaniv Green is a good player but could of been taller but saying Marc Gasol is better than Tiago Splitter is as foolish as saying Yaniv Green is better than Nikola Vujcic.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy