Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-02-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
stewen12
Banned

Default Mock Draft 1.0

My mock draft after doing a ton of research.

1. Minnesota- Michael Beasley,SF/PF, Kansas State- Minnesota is in great need of help. The player with the most potential in the draft is Michael Beasley. Minnesota has two young point guards which will keep them from drafting Derrick Rose. By drafting Beasley, they can put him at Power Foward and Al Jefferson at Center.
Potential Starting Lineup
PG- Randy Foye
SG-Rashad McCants
SF- Corey Brewer
PF- Michael Beasley
C- Al Jefferson

2. New York Knicks- Derrick Rose, PG, Memphis- New York has solid players around the lineup. With a decent center, small foward and shooting guard and a good power foward, the only thing left to draft is a point guard. Derrick Rose is the best PG in the draft. Rose has shown great leadership at a upper class filled Memphis, and leadership is what the New York Knicks need.
PG- Derrick Rose
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Quentin Richardson
PF- Zach Randolph
C- Eddy Curry

3. Miami Heat- OJ Mayo, PG, Southern Cal- With a starting point guard of Chris Quinn, a PG is miami's only option. Although DeAndre Jordan may seem as a good pick, the Heat still have Shaq to play center. OJ Mayo has enough size to switch off a play the 2 guard and let Dwyane Wade play the point. It may seem that OJ is disfunctional but the Heat have had success with disfuntional players (E.G. Lamar Odom). With a possible lottery pick in 09 the Heat could have one of the best and youngest teams.
PG- OJ Mayo
SG- Dwyane Wade
SF- Daequan Cook
PF- Udonis Haslem
C- Shaquille O'Neal

4. Seattle Supersonics- DeAndre Jordan, C, Texas A&M- Seattle is in need of two positions PG and C. Seattle had a chance to get a big man last year in Greg Oden and decided to go with Durant. I feel that they can fill the point guard position through free agency or their second round pick. Kurt Thomas is not getting the job down for them. DeAndre reminds me of Dwight Howard in his size and playing style. He will greatly help their team in rebounds and in points in paint.
PG- Earl Watson
SG- Kevin Durant
SF- Jeff Green
PF- Chris Wilcox
C- DeAndre Jordan

5. Memphis Grizzlies- Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma- The only position Memphis is in need of is a PF/C depending where Pau Gasol plays. Every other position is filled including PG by Mike Conley Jr. In developing Griffin, the Grizzlies could have a championship contending team within a few years, depending if they play their cards right. And Darko is just not getting the job done.
PG- Mike Conley Jr.
SG- Rudy Gay
SF- Mike Miller
PF- Blake Griffin
C- Pau Gasol

6. Los Angeles Clippers- Jerryd Bayless, PG, Arizona- The LA Clippers are a good team that are doing bad because of the injury to their big men. But next year, Elton Brand will be healthy and they will only need a PG. The best available point guard is Bayless. Hes is very athletic and can put up the needed PG points and assists for the Clippers.
PG- Jerryd Bayless
SG- Cuttino Mobley
SF- Corey Maggette
PF- Elton Brand
C- Chris Kaman

7. Charlotte Bobcats- Donte Greene, SF/PF, Syracuse- Charlotte has a solid young team but is in need of a SF/PF. With Sean May not playing up to expectation the Bobcats are going to have to draft another big man. Donte Greene is the perfect man. He is a large player, standing at 6-10 who can easily knock down a trey. With a little more work on his defense, this young man can be a superstar in no time.
PG- Raymond Felton
SG- Jason Richardson
SF- Gerald Wallace
PF- Donte Greene
C- Emeka Okafor

8. Milwaukee Bucks- Eric Gordon, SG, Indiana- The only position the Bucks need to fill is their Small Foward spot. But since, Donte Greene was just taken the second best option is to draft the best Shooting Guard. The Bucks can then put Redd at Small Foward. Gordon will contribute to this team by adding up points and drawing fouls. His amazing leaping ability and his feel for the game makes up for his slight height disavantage. Great pick for the Bucks. Gordon should have been a Top 5 pick.
PG- Mo Williams
SG- Eric Gordon
SF- Michael Redd
PF- Yi Jialian
C- Andrew Bogut

9. Philadelphia 76ers- Nicholas Batum, SG, France- With no real set source for points the 76ers need to draft a scorer. Nicholas Batum would be a perfect canidate. He has height but no size. Batum is around 20 pounds underweight, but weight gaining could affect how he moves and his pull up. He is a very clutch player and but has very little expierence.
PG- Louis Williams (Andre Miller will probably be traded)
SG- Nicolas Batum
SF- Andre Igoudala
PF- Thaddeus Young
C- Samuel Dalembert

10. Sacramento Kings- Roy Hibbert, C, Georgetown- Roy Hibbert is a very developed and probably the most expierenced player in this years draft. He is a big man with good post moves, soft hands and a good free throw shooter. He is a very hard worker and has improved every year in college. He is a great shot blocker and is very calm and collective. If he plays some power foward, he may have difficulty guarding because of his lack of speed.
Potential Starting lineup
PG- Mike Bibby
SG- Kevin Martin
SF- Ron Artest
PF- Roy Hibbert
C- Brad Miller

11. Chicago Bulls-Brook Lopez, C, Stanford- Lopez is a great big man that will greatly help this Chicago team. Ben Wallaces's 4 ppg isn't helping the team. Lopez puts up points and rebounds, no to mention his blocks. At 7 feet tall, he gives Chicago the height they need.
PG- Kirk Hinrich
SG- Ben Gordon
SF- Loul Deng
PF- Joakim Noah/Andres Nocioni
C- Brook Lopez

12. Cleveland Cavaliers- Chase Budinger, SG, Arizona- Chase Budinger will fill in the emptry shooting guard position of the cavs. He has excellent size for the position and is a great 3 point shooter and rebounder.
Projected Starting Lineup
PG- Daniel Gibson
SG- Chase Budinger
SF- LeBron James
PF- Drew Gooden
C- Zydrunas Ilguaskus

13. New Jersey Nets- Hasheem Thabeet, C, UCONN- The New Jersey Nets have had Jason Kidd, Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson for years and have never had great success. With this 7 foot 3 inch center available, they can't pass it up. Thabeet has strength, good hands, above average post up ability and is a greag shot blocker. This is the center that the Nets have been waiting for.
PG- Jason Kidd
SG- Vince Carter
SF- Richard Jefferson
PF- Sean Williams
C- Hasheem Thabeet

14. Indiana Pacers- Tyler Smith, PF, Tennessee- This would be a great way for the Pacers to fill their PF/C postion. They would finally fill the position instead of signing untalented big men. He reminds me of a Ron Artest. He is very athletic, puts up double figure scoring and very tough and aggresive on defense. Although he is mature for a sophomore, he is about a year older than the rest of them.
PG- Jamal Tinsley
SG- Mike Dunleavy
SF- Danny Granger
PF- Tyler Smith
C- Jermaine O'Neal

15. Houston Rockets- Danilo Gallinari, SF/PF, Italy- Danilo would fit in as the perfect PF in Houston. He is a international player that they can develope into a good one. He is a fundamental player, pure shooter, ball handler and passer. Danilo and Yao would make a great duo.
PG-Rafer Alston
SG- Tracy McGrady
SF- Shane Battier
PF- Danilo Gallinari
C- Yao Ming

Last edited by stewen12 : 01-02-2008 at 09:58 PM.
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
stewen12
Banned

Default Re: Mock Draft 1.0

Comment People
Old 01-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewen12
Comment People

Don't do that. It's a quiet place here. Some mocks don't get replies for days.

Good formatting. I love reading a well organized mock draft. Some picks that I liked: Beasley (growing on me here), Rose, Jordan, Batum, and Budinger. Some picks I felt a little 'meh' about. No real feelings. Those were Memphis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Chicago, New Jersey, Indiana, and Houston. btw, idk if you were trying to do a lottery mock, but if you were, only 14 teams are in the lottery.

Mayo and Wade in the same backcourt spells disaster. They will not fit together; not enough basketballs. Jordan would be a better pick. Shaq's old, and they need someone to groom. Jordan'll take a while, anyway.
Milwaukee made me go . Michael Redd starting SF? No thanks. They're better off with taking a reach on another foreigner, Batum, or getting a backup center like Hibbert or Lopez.

Sacramento cannot have Hibbert and Hawes together. Too slow in today's game. And Hibbert at PF? Another .

Tyler Smith ain't starting at PF, sorry to tell you. Ike Diogu's got that spot in the future.

I hope you didn't intend for all of these guys to be starters. They won't be. I got a kick out of Hibbert at PF and Smith starting, but it wasn't terrible. Respond back so you can convince me as to what your meaning was for the above mentioned critiques.

-B3
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
stewen12
Banned

what do you guys think about the heat. I was thinking that they might pick up gordon!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
what do you guys think about the heat. I was thinking that they might pick up gordon!

I don't think so. They already have Daequan Cook to play the two, and he won't be a 3 most likely.

Jordan's a more likely bet at #3.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #6
stewen12
Banned

Then who will start for the heat at the 3
Old 01-06-2008, 07:33 PM   #7
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Then who will start for the heat at the 3

Maybe Dorell Wright? They might sign a guy in free agency.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Mock Draft 1.0

How can you have a lottery without Chris Lofton? Probably the best shooter in the NCAA, and I would much rather have him than Budinger. I see Budinger as more of a Adam Morrison, although Arizona normally churns out great players.

As for the Bulls, how many young big men can one team have? If the Bulls don't trade Thomas or Noah, they won't need another center. Ben Gordon will most likely be gone after this season, and they will need to find someone to take his place or a PG so Hinrich can move to the 2. Budinger or Lofton if they want a SG, or Ellington from UNC/DJ Augustine from Texas if they want a PG.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #9
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
How can you have a lottery without Chris Lofton? Probably the best shooter in the NCAA, and I would much rather have him than Budinger. I see Budinger as more of a Adam Morrison, although Arizona normally churns out great players.

As for the Bulls, how many young big men can one team have? If the Bulls don't trade Thomas or Noah, they won't need another center. Ben Gordon will most likely be gone after this season, and they will need to find someone to take his place or a PG so Hinrich can move to the 2. Budinger or Lofton if they want a SG, or Ellington from UNC/DJ Augustine from Texas if they want a PG.

Because Lofton's a 6'2" shooting guard?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #10
stewen12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Because Lofton's a 6'2" shooting guard?
Good call. Also Budinger is taller, more athletic and much more NBA ready
Old 01-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #11
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Meh, I'm in the mood for another mock already.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #12
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Well it's still real early so you never know what might happen.

But with Chicago.

I'd rather take Chase Budinger and trade Ben Gordon to get a big man. Then in the second round pick up Darnell Jackson.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #13
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Well it's still real early so you never know what might happen.

But with Chicago.

I'd rather take Chase Budinger and trade Ben Gordon to get a big man. Then in the second round pick up Darnell Jackson.

Budinger would be good value at #11 for Chicago. He gives you a lot more size than Ben Gordon, but his defense is pretty bad. I think Lopez would be a nice gamble, but if I'm Chicago, I wanna get a young but experienced player down low. I'm not a Chicago expert, however, and I am pretty sure you know more about their needs than I.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #14
ReggieMiller31
I airball my layups

I'd love to see Tyler Smith in a Pacers uniform, but it's not going to happen.

They've got JO, Foster, Diogu, Murphy, and Williams/Granger who they want to try at the 4 spot.

If they don't draft a 2 guard I'll be amazed.
ReggieMiller31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #15
Bruinlove
Banned

Kevin Love and Darren Collison aren't lottery players?? Of all the overhyped freshman I think Kevin Love will wind up being the best NBA player. No biases here
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: