Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 08-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default Ill make a deal with Philly from Minnesota

We will give you KG for one year if you give us AI and KG the following year, infact it would be great just to see them play together. It would be an easy championship. Webber doesn't even deserve AI. I know Minnesota has a better team this year and possible chance at championship but I think AI Garnett Dalembert or Hunter would be a championship team adding any other players to fill in the gaps.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:39 AM   #2
IamtheWalrus
Banned

IamtheWalrus has no real reputation yet.

stupid...but with kg, ai, iggy, dalembert and korver...this team is STRONG
IamtheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:07 AM   #3
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

if that could happen it would be great. nice thing to dream on...
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:25 AM   #4
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

hahaha they'll be like the next pistons...not playing wise but having the whole starting in the allstar game
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Yeah, Stupid Like Signing Webber Ha Ha Ha!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #6
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
I know Minnesota has a better team this year and possible chance at championship but I think AI Garnett Dalembert or Hunter would be a championship team adding any other players to fill in the gaps.

dude, ur a dumba$$, u guys won't make playoffs better yet have a chance at the title...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #7
04mzwach

id put anything on the t-wolves performing better than the sixers next season, the sixers wont make it anywhere as long as kyle korver is a starter and u have webber as your 2nd scorer.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:28 PM   #8
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
id put anything on the t-wolves performing better than the sixers next season, the sixers wont make it anywhere as long as kyle korver is a starter and u have webber as your 2nd scorer.

dude, ur 2nd scorer is ricky davis, id rather have webber than davis. Ur so called top scorer defers to other players in the clutch rather than do it himself likes all stars do. U signed mike james and now u think u can go the distance? he won't average 20 like he did in toronto...and foye was a great pick, but he aint coming in and averaging 15 this year. U guys have no center, and a weak bench. And as for us, korver doesnt start so ur wrong there. We have a much better chance to make playoffs than u guys do. I would bet u right now if i knew u, cuz u guys have no shot at playoffs. The only teams u guys are better than in the west are the warriors, blazers, and sonics. Every1 else is better than u guys, guarantee it.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:10 AM   #9
04mzwach

Kevin Garnett doesn't defer to other players, it's just that last year we had no deep threats in our line-up except a rookie in Mccants. They would easily double or triple him in the clutch therefore davis would take most of the last second shots at the end of quarters or games and would usually come up empty. Defensively our team is a lot better than yours, offensively your team is probably a little better than ours though. Ricky Davis shot a better percentage than Webber did last season and averaged about the same amount of points, plus the guy chokes in big game situations, remember the Fab 5? Remember when he missed a wide open three in Sacramento in the playoffs facing none other than the T-wolves at the buzzer? Not that I don't like your team, but the guy isn't worth what you pay him. You could have a hell of a team if you didn't have to deal with his huge contract. He may put up 20 and 10 but does he do it consistently every game and shoot a good percentage? Not good enough to be getting paid as much as AI does. I hope you guys pull it out, but I'm no fan of Webbers either way. and I thought u had Korver as a starter...i said that because his defense sucks. I still think the T-wolves will make the playoffs, and have a chance at a championship...they do every year when they have Kevin Garnett on their team.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:28 AM   #10
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

i don't like webber's contract at all, he gets paid the most money of any1 in the league and he's only like top 30. So i don't agree with his contract at all. About the 3 pointer against u guys, he wasnt as good of a 3 point shooter then and he still isnt a 3 point shooter. So thats not a choke, missing a 10 footer wouldve been a choke. U guys have a 0% chance at winning it all, so do we. But we have a better chance to make playoffs than u guys. The best chance for u guys is to get 8th place, then get whooped on by dallas or phoenix. We might be able to win a first round series if we have the right matchup, but go no further most likely. But we obviously aren't better than chicago, detroit, miami, or cleveland. U guys obviously aren't better than san antonio, dallas, phoenix, clippers, new orleans. point is, u guys have no shot at finals or title and u have like a 5% chance at winning a playoff series, and like a 40% shot at playoffs. What makes u think u have a championship contender? Im not sitting here saying that philly could win cuz ai can go off for 60 every game.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:54 AM   #11
04mzwach

Well, I felt like chemistry was a big issue for us last year because a lot of the players we acquired from the trade were playing in our starting line-up and we just didnt click properly. Training camp makes a huge difference. Our offense is improved this year and our defense will be a lot better than last year too just because of the whole training camp scenario again. We only had a rookie as an outside threat last year along with Jaric who our coach didn't have any faith in which lowered his performance even though I wouldnt suspect it would be too much better anyway. We have Mike James as a starter along with Rashad Mccants when he comes bacck next year who is promised to be one of those 40% 3 point shooters plus has a complete offensive game, will become one of the more complete offensive players in the NBA and can definetely help us this year. So anyway, last year they basically could play zone defense on us and shut us down offensively pretty well. This year they cant do that. We could possibly pull off a trade for Al Harrington but not saying it will for sure happen. We have better players than we did in the 03/04 season when we made it to the conference finals. We also have Foye who could be rooke of the year and a backup for James or Ricky im guessing. OK, better offense, better defense...we're going to be an improved team, that's why i think we will make the playoffs and at least have a shot at a championship...
Old 08-07-2006, 12:55 AM   #12
04mzwach

we need a center who can rebound...thats what we need
Old 08-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #13
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

u guys improved no doubt adding foye and james, but not even close to championship worthy. Like i said earlier, ur best and only bet is 8th seed and maybe 7th
Old 08-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #14
04mzwach

i think garnett is worthy of a championship
Old 08-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #15
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

iverson is more worthy than garnett because he can take over a game more, and i kno we have no shot at winning the title. I would give u 200 to 1 odds on u guys winning the title. U guys have no shot, period.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: