Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 01-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation
Default [ why is everyone panicking ]

hey just thought this might be cool to kick around. why is it everyone seems to panic when the Suns lose a game and think its time to trade anyone and everyone? i mean the Suns are 1st in their division and are virtually 1st every night slightly edging out the Spurs in overall total standings. i do think the Suns need to get some help on the defensive end for rebounding purposes and would be nice to have a guy that wants to defend down on the low post. but the Suns have struggled and even looked bad and or uninspired at times yet still are in 1st place. that has to be comforting to know they can be #1 when not playing their best ball! they get this thing together and look out NBA, i think they are 1 good defensive low post player away from running off with this whole thing! woo!
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: [ why is everyone panicking ]

who's panicking?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
Domingo84
I airball my layups

Domingo84 has decent reputation

Suns are going to be one of top 4 seeds in the playoffs but they need to get the number one seed to play the lower brackets and to try to avoid San Antonio and Dallas. The only concerns I have is the Suns need one more great defender and rebounder thats it. Other than that the Suns will always be one of top teams in the West and thats a hard thing to do! The West has 10 teams with 20 wins and more and that shows how tough it is in the West and the Suns are on top.

Last edited by Domingo84 : 01-11-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Domingo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

i agree with you 100% the Suns are always in the top 3 in the West. they always rival the Spurs, and Mavs. i really dont think the Mavs are better then the Suns, the Spurs... that's a different story, its not so much they are better then the Suns, its just the San Antonio style of play is tailor made to beat the Suns style of play. they slow it down and feed the post. the Suns cant defend that. also the Suns need to make a deal for a low post defender such as you suggested i agree. they need someone that can rebound and defend, not really score, i mean the individual has to be able to score to be a threat but the Suns got all the scores they need if you wanna be honest. they just lack that one solid post defender!

Last edited by ThyGreatOne : 01-11-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #5
mojorizen7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mojorizen7 has an OK reputation so far

Not panic......frustration.
The last few yrs under DA the suns have been bounced and it's like....it's raining and there's holes in the roof and the suns are content with just covering the furniture.
Same problems continue to plague and the problem doesn't get fixed.
mojorizen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #6
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorizen7
Not panic......frustration.
The last few yrs under DA the suns have been bounced and it's like....it's raining and there's holes in the roof and the suns are content with just covering the furniture.
well i'll be the first to say I don't like D'Antoni or his coaching methods. I'm confident thay dont get to the Finals this year and "DA" is out!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:10 AM   #7
joni
I hit open layups

joni has an OK reputation so far

The Suns have had 12 coaches over the years.

D'Antoni is second highest in W/L percentage of wins in the regular season and also percentage of wins in the playoffs (46 games, 3 post seasons). Cotton's third, but he coached longer. D'Antoni and Cotton are the Suns' only two COYs.

Obviously D'Antoni's no good. Yeah, let's throw him under the bus.
joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:18 AM   #8
joni
I hit open layups

I'm not sure where you can submit applications -- probably to Sarver, with a copy to Kerr and maybe JC. And it's always good to be very specific about your experience and qualifications.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:48 AM   #9
mojorizen7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni
The Suns have had 12 coaches over the years.

D'Antoni is second highest in W/L percentage of wins in the regular season and also percentage of wins in the playoffs (46 games, 3 post seasons). Cotton's third, but he coached longer. D'Antoni and Cotton are the Suns' only two COYs.

Denial? Or are you satisfied with being entertained & getting bounced for the EXACT same reason every year?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:16 AM   #10
nashisbest

my biggest fear is that coach plays hill so much that once he gets injured in the playoffs, diaw is no way going to fill that void, and all will be lost
Old 01-15-2008, 09:57 AM   #11
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

Quote:
wow i guess you didnt take time to read what i said, i didnt say that "D'Antoni is no good" i said i don't like the way he coaches or his methods, but thanks for your input, keep the posts coming!

you know my main issue with DA is he is a good 'regular' season coach, but he is not a good 'playoff' coach. he always gets out coached in the playoffs or so it seems. and this 'small ball' thing is becoming a joke, how can the Suns win when DA always wants to go/get smaller? the Suns need post defense and rebounding. look at their losses this season 95% been to teams with a 'quality' big man, O'Neal, Bynum, Chandler, Jefferson, Yao, Okur/Boozer... see the trend? that is 8 losses right there. the Suns always have big problems and or lose to teams with a big front court/quality big man. the Suns need size and rebounding not to always be and go smaller.

Last edited by ThyGreatOne : 01-15-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #12
joni
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorizen7
Denial? Or are you satisfied with being entertained & getting bounced for the EXACT same reason every year?

No, I'm not in denial but I don't have tunnel vision either. The Suns were not "bounced for the EXACT same reason every year." Over the past 3-4 years the problems have been many and the problems have been varied ..... including serious injuries (a problem impossible to fix) and stupid rule violations that had a huge impact. Like about 20% of the other teams in the league, the Suns have the talent to take it all and talent is the main ingredient, but it takes more than that to win the title. A little bad luck can knock any team out, and that includes all the top contenders. It happens in every sport.

Every fan wants a championship, it's the ultimate goal. Like most, I count days til the first game and look forward to the season every year. Not every fan spends six months moaning and groaning, predicting failure, assigning blame, or pretending to have all the answers.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #13
joni
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
wow i guess you didnt take time to read what i said, i didnt say that "D'Antoni is no good" i said i don't like the way he coaches or his methods, but thanks for your input, keep the posts coming!

I read what you said.

Did someone recruit you to singlehandedly revive this board? :)
Old 01-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #14
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

Quote:
I read what you said.

Did someone recruit you to singlehandedly revive this board? :)
hey i'm just doing what i can to get some excitement up on here! its nice to talk amongst fellow fans/friends, what's up?
Old 01-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #15
mojorizen7

Quote:
No, I'm not in denial but I don't have tunnel vision either. The Suns were not "bounced for the EXACT same reason every year." Over the past 3-4 years the problems have been many and the problems have been varied ..... including serious injuries (a problem impossible to fix) and stupid rule violations that had a huge impact. Like about 20% of the other teams in the league, the Suns have the talent to take it all and talent is the main ingredient, but it takes more than that to win the title. A little bad luck can knock any team out, and that includes all the top contenders. It happens in every sport.

Every fan wants a championship, it's the ultimate goal. Like most, I count days til the first game and look forward to the season every year. Not every fan spends six months moaning and groaning, predicting failure, assigning blame, or pretending to have all the answers.

IMO there are 4 basic ingredients needed to win an NBA title.
1. Talent
2. a committment to defense
3. desire
4. luck
SUNS...
1. Yes
2. No
3. I'm not sure anymore
4. Not so much
I drank from the Kool-aid DA's first 3 seasons...I'm not buying into it anymore.
Also at times,it appears (as of late)that perhaps a few of the SUNS players themselves aren't buying into it anymore either.
The league has caught up to DA's system of run & shoot.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: