Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 08-01-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
Drck33
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Milwaukee Bucks Report

Milwaukee Bucks Depth Chart
PG Maurice Williams, Steve Blake, Lynn Greer, Jermaine Jackson (FA)
SG Michael Redd, Charlie Bell, Reece Gaines (FA)
SF Bobby Simmons, David Noel, Ersan Illyasova, Jiri Welsch (FA)
PF Charlie Villanueva, Joe Smith, Brian Skinner, Damir Markota, Toni Kukoc (FA)
C Andrew Bogut, Dan Gadzuric, Ha Sueng-Jin, Ervin Johnson (FA)

PG: Maurice Williams will most likely be the starter by the season opener, so I look for him to be a nice complement to Redd and be able to get him shots up too. Last season he had more of a small shooting guard role off the bench because they had TJ Ford to run the offense for them. Now heíll be able to produce about the same stats as he did in 04-05. I also like Steve Blake since he is coming off into his final year and was the starting PG for the Blazers. Look for him and Williams to fight for the starting PG role. I donít know much about Lynn Greer but I heard good things about him. He should add defense and some scoring. Grade: C+

SG: Michael Redd is one of the deadliest pure shooters in the game. He guaranteed to give you 20-25 a night in any game. His defense is definitely on of his biggest weaknesses but heís a decent rebounder and gives you a steal per game. I expect him to once again be in the top 10 in scoring this year.. Charlie Bell is an interesting player on this team. While he doesnít have a true position, he probably more of a shooting guard than a point guard. He has shown flashes of good talent when he scored a triple-double and he used of the bench in sort of a combo guard role. Heís a great three point shooter but shoots the ball sometimes at bad percentages. Grade: B+

SF: Bobby Simmons was brought in the Bucks thought to produce the same numbers he produced during his stint with the Los Angeles Clippers that earned the Most Improved Player of the Year award. He became the second option and heís the type of guy whoís going to consistently give you good games. But even with Simmons, this is their weakest position. After Simmons, you donít really have a clear-cut winner to backup him up. You could say David Noel, the muscular forward from UNC, but heís probably not going to give you a lot of points but some rebounding and hard work. He may get the most minutes out of all the SF backups. Ersan Illyasova is a prospect and may be headed to the D-League again. Grade: C-

PF: Charlie Villanueva hopes to bring athleticism, offense and good all-around skills to the table. The Bucks were willing to trade an important part of the franchise in TJ Ford for Villanueva so they already expect good things from him. He has already shocked disapprovers and his game is just improving. He looks to be either the third or fourth option. Joe Smith can be very productive when he gets minutes but is injured most of the season. Hopefully, he can stay healthy enough to contribute with the team more. Brian Skinner looks to be a useful forward off the bench and is a terrific offensive rebounder.
Damir Markota, like Illyasova, has good potential but may be headed to the D-League. Grade: C+

C: Andrew Bogut had a solid, but unspectacular year. The Bucks didnít expect him to average a double-double but they still wanted more than the numbers he produced. They have freed up space for him to play now that Jamaal Magloire has been traded. This will allow Bogut to play his natural position and give him more minutes. Bogut is one of the best big man passers in the game and could be a future all-star. The only downside with him is that he may never be spectacular but just good. Dan Gadzuric is a guy that brings energy off the bench and the team was 18-9 when he had 3+ field goals or more. Ha Sueng ĖJin may most likely be traded but is a project. Grade: C

This is my opinion and I'm willing to take criticism.(even though im a bulls fan)
Drck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drck33
PG: Maurice Williams - Now heíll be able to produce about the same stats as he did in 04-05.
Hopefully he'll add a little defense to those stats this time!
Quote:
I also like Steve Blake since he is coming off into his final year and was the starting PG for the Blazers. Look for him and Williams to fight for the starting PG role. I donít know much about Lynn Greer but I heard good things about him.
I haven't seen Greer yet, but I heard he's a short SG, and not really a point.

Quote:
After Simmons, you donít really have a clear-cut winner to backup him up.
I guess this was written before the Patterson trade. Luckily we have a real rotaion at the 3 now.

Quote:
Ha Sueng ĖJin may most likely be traded but is a project.
I expect him to just be cut.

Quote:
This is my opinion and I'm willing to take criticism.(even though im a bulls fan)
Everything seems spot on to me! I think you're the only non-Bucks fan I've ever read who can speak so accurately about the team. You've obviously watched us play a few times.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

I think TJ Ford was a much better fit next to Redd. He was more of a playmaking PG, and thats what they need next to Redd. He'll sink the jumpers, don't worry about that, but he needs someone to really create plays, and I don't think they have that. Their starting 5 is basically made up of jumpshooters, they need a slasher...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:06 AM   #4
adamcz
Bucks fan

The problem is that TJ didn't always play that way. A lot of times he would think that he's Allen Iverson. It may have seemed like Mo is a sg and not a true pg, but that's the role that he was asked to fill. There were a couple games that he started as a pg when TJ was being punished, and he had really impressive assist stats, though I don't remember them off the top of my head.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:55 AM   #5
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

M.Williams (pg/sg) - Seems like he should be ready to have a breakout year. The Bucks will miss TJ's passing, but Mo should be able to dispribute the ball well enough. Teaming with Redd, Blake, and Bell, the Bucks should have one of the better shooting backcourts in the league. The defense remains to be seen.

S.Blake (pg) - Blake should be a nice fit. He can shoot the three well and is fundamentaly sound. He's the most traditional point guard the Bucks have, and will probably be the best at running the offense. He was one of the league leaders in assist to turnover ratio last season. With it being the last year of his contract, he should play well.

L.Greer (pg/sg) - I don't know too much about Greer, but he sounds like a solid bench player to have in case of injury. I don't see him getting many minutes, but has the chance to be a soild NBA player someday.

J.Jackson (pg) - Jackson is back again this season as an insurane policy in case of injury. He's not spectacular, but can post decent numbers when on the court.

M.Redd (sg) - Redd is one of the best scorers in the game. You can expect at least 20 out of him every night. Redd is a great three-point shooter, and can hit the mid-range shot, or take it to the basket. He's gotten better at drawing fouls, which always makes him dangerous. The one thing offensively Redd needs to do is improve on involving his teammates. Especially this year without Ford. Defensively he will never be a lock down defender, but needs to step it up somehow.

C.Bell (pg/sg) - This is another Buck who should be a regualar contributer. He's probably the best defender in the guard rotation. He can guard either position. He's a good shooter, and rebounder, especaily for his size. Will end up being the teams forth guard behind Redd, Williams, and Blake.

R.Gaines (pg-sg) - I'm not sure the he'll get any playing time this year. Possibly, but not with the Bucks. Can play both guard positions, but hasn't been impressive in his chances despite there being very few.

B.Simmons (sf) - Simmons was a big acqusition has season. At times he was a consistant second option. I expect his numbers to increase across the board with his second season in Milwaukee. He was a better three-point shooter than I expected. The addition of Patterson should help wear down opposing small forwards.

D.Noel (sg/sf) - Noel, the teams second round pick should provide solid depth. He's and athletic player, and a good defender. A young player who will probably never be a star, but could be solid role player. Should fight Illyasova for srap minutes.

E.Illyasova (sf) - A project that could be really good. Was easily the best player on his team at the world games. Not strong enough yet to get major minutes, but has long arms, and seems to do most things well. Still a year or two away from contributing.

J.Welsh (sg/sf) - Will not be back this year.

T.Kukoc (sf/pf) - Has indicated he will play either Chicago or Milwaukee or else retire.

R.Patterson - (sg/sf/pf) - Patterson will bring a lot of intensity to the Bucks, especially on the defensive end. He's a physical player who attacks the rim on offense, and uses it to lock down players defensively. Will probably be the second player off the bench for Milwaukee. Not a great shooter, but can still hit them regular enough. Another player in the last year of their contract.

C.Villanueva (pf) - Has the potential to be one of the best power forwards in the game. Smooth on offense, he can post, as well as step outside and hit three's. Has good passing skills for a big man. Charlie can also slide over to the small forward spot against bigger teams. Defensively he's hasn't shown much like many of the Bucks, but he's still young. He should give you at least a steal and block per game. Look for him to breakout this season.

B.Skinner (pf/c) - This is Skinner's second time with the Bucks. In this first stop he posted the best numbers of this career and earned a nice contract from Philadelphia. He should provide some good depth at both frontcourt spots. He strength is rebound, but is an adequet shot blocker and scorer in the post.

A.Bogut (pf/c) - Bogut should team with Villanueva to give the Bucks one of the most talented frontcourts in the NBA. He proved to be a tough, mature player in his rookie season. This season he should play a much bigger role on both offense and defense. The offense could run through him, since he's a good passer. He can score in the post, and hit mid range jump shots. He's a good post defender, that can block shots and rebound. Should put up improved numbers across the board.

D.Gadzuric (c) - Dan should get a chance to play more with Magloire being traded. He's one of the most athletic center's in the league. He's not a threat on offense, be is disruptive on defense. Has the tendency to play out of control at times, but brings tons of energy. His rebounding and shot blocking are above average.

D.Markota - (pf) - Dmir is a good outside shooter, and has a fair inside game. He won't get minutes this season, but is another prospect the Bucks should keep around and develop.

H.Seung-Jin (c) - Was acquired along with Blake and Skinner in the Magloire trade. Another project. Has tons of size, and potential. Is a good shooter for a big man, and shows a desire to improve. Most likely won't play this year.

E.Johnson (c) - EJ won't be on the active roster, but it would be nice to keep him around as an assistant somehow as a mentor to post defense for Bogut and Villaneuava.

Starters
M.Williams
M.Redd
B.Simmons
C.Villanueava
A.Bogut

Reserves
6.S.Blake
7.R.Patterson
8.C.Bell
9.D.Gadzuric
10.B.Skinner
11.D.Noel
12.E.Illyasova
ir1.L.Grier
ir2.D.Markota
ir3.H.Seung-Jin
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:39 PM   #6
adamcz
Bucks fan

There's no chance that Gaines, Welsch, Kukoc, or Johnson will be back next year. I don't think any of them will even be in the NBA.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:39 AM   #7
AKADS
Decent college freshman

I really hope the Bucks get a new coach. Adelman (sp) would be awsome. He would help to develope Bogut into a better version of Vlade. I hope this team does well and gets into the playoffs. You guys, Orlando, Raptors have some of the best young cores in the NBA. Good luck hope you guys get a coach and make the playoffs.

For some reason I am becoming a Bucks fan and I blame u adamcz.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #8
adamcz
Bucks fan

It has nothing to do with me. You've been obsessed ever since you first gazed into Ersan Ilyasova's eyes, and felt your heart flutter.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: