Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default championship frontcourt??

Do you think Kwame/LO/VladRad is a championship caliber frontcourt?
I say no. I would rather have:

Amare/Diaw/Matrix
Butler/Duncan/Bowen (I would trade any 2 of our 3 for Duncan)
Shaq/Haslem/twoine
Camby/Carmelo/kenyon or nene
Kaman/Brand/Magette

Of course, each of the above have weaknesses and/or players I personally detest (Bowen)...but as a unit, they are damn good.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Do you think Kwame/LO/VladRad is a championship caliber frontcourt?
I say no. I would rather have:

Amare/Diaw/Matrix
Butler/Duncan/Bowen (I would trade any 2 of our 3 for Duncan)
Shaq/Haslem/twoine
Camby/Carmelo/kenyon or nene
Kaman/Brand/Magette

Of course, each of the above have weaknesses and/or players I personally detest (Bowen)...but as a unit, they are damn good.

These combinations have to be put in context of the coach that is coaching the team and what system they are running. So, it just depends. And no, I dont think the Lakers front court is championship caliber yet..............
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
These combinations have to be put in context of the coach that is coaching the team and what system they are running. So, it just depends. And no, I dont think the Lakers front court is championship caliber yet..............

and certainly it's true that the backcourt players could make the frontcourt players even better (Nash makes the rest better). I was simply suggesting that, all things being equal...
Old 08-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well it isnt championship caliber but its a hard working group and they improve alot before our eyes overnight.

I hope Kwame does well so i can brag about him soon.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:40 AM   #5
jecee101
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jecee101 has an OK reputation so far

i think kwame needs to work on his footwork cuz its pretty damn bad man...if he works on his footwork he doesnt need to feel rushed to lay it up and miss horridly...LO needs to be smart on the floor
jecee101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:39 AM   #6
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far
Default Kwame/Vlad/LO

The versatility that LO has is better than most of the front court players in the NBA - Who in that group listed can play every position on the court?

Kwame needs to be able to hold on to the damn ball this year - CATCH THE DAMN BALL WILL YOU!!!

Vlad will be a nice complementary player that can knock down important shots and more importantly, spread the floor so that Kobe and LO can drive.

I think Smush will be back in a big way this year. He was timid in his first playoff action, now that he has it, I think he'll be better than advertised.

I think trades and signings are done. We have what we have, now it's time to get down to business.

I must say that George will be missed and certainly not forgotton. Good luck to him!
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #7
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecee101
i think kwame needs to work on his footwork cuz its pretty damn bad man...if he works on his footwork he doesnt need to feel rushed to lay it up and miss horridly...LO needs to be smart on the floor

Kwame has solid foot work his missing layups has something to do with confidence
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #8
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansrams

Kwame has solid foot work his missing layups has something to do with confidence

No footwork no postmoves. SHoulda gone to a college a lil bit.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #9
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Kwame's hands are the issue. worst in the league.
I hear he has a great work ethic now. That's the main reason not to trade him (see how he does this year). So we shall see.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
No footwork no postmoves. SHoulda gone to a college a lil bit.

Well u cant say that because NBA level is wayy better than college and coming right out of High school I think Kwame practiced against the real deal people and he got better that way.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #11
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Kwame's hands are the issue. worst in the league.
I hear he has a great work ethic now. That's the main reason not to trade him (see how he does this year). So we shall see.

big ben's hands are pretty small
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #12
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
big ben's hands are pretty small

true. but I would be very happy if Kwame turned into anything resembling Ben Wallace.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #13
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well u cant say that because NBA level is wayy better than college and coming right out of High school I think Kwame practiced against the real deal people and he got better that way.

I think going to college would make the transisiton to the NBA a lot more smoother...imagine you graduating high school and then jumping into the NBA...big big jump...a lot different than what you are accustomed to and at that young of age it must be hard to adjust...i think had kwame went to college he would have had better fundamental skills which is what i think they focus more on than in the NBA...in the NBA they expect you to know your fundamentals and college is a learning experience in that catagory..plus when kwame came to washington...he had to deal witht the wrath of jordan...which would be difficult for any NBA player to cope with but at 18-20 years old outta high school must be pretty diff. to deal with...kwames fundamentals are his biggest problem and it shows on the court...he tends to juggle the balla round and make foot work errors...hes commin along now but i think college better prepares you for the NBA
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #14
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Kwame has been in the gym practicing the most according to Phil.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Kwame has been in the gym practicing the most according to Phil.

Hmm I didnt hear that.

I thought he just said "kwame has a great work ethic"
He also said it to correct some comments he made about kwame's manhood earlier on.
That was messed up
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: