Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far
Default Bynum out 8 weeks

Kneecap moved to the side (sub-location of kneecap), no surgery required. 8 weeks is the longer prediction, hopefully his youth will help speed that up, but he's out for a while.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Bynum out 8 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
Kneecap moved to the side (sub-location of kneecap), no surgery required. 8 weeks is the longer prediction, hopefully his youth will help speed that up, but he's out for a while.
Subluxation, not sub location.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

From ESPN.COM:

Andrew Bynum, a key factor in the Los Angeles Lakers' 25-11 start to the season, will miss eight weeks with what his agent says is a subluxation of his left kneecap.

David Lee told ESPN The Magazine's Sam Alipour that Bynum will not need surgery. Bynum, who had an MRI on Monday, will begin rehabiliation immediately, Lee said.

"He's already focusing on his rehab," Lee said Monday.

Bynum injured his knee early in the third quarter of Sunday night's 100-99 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies. A subluxation occurs when the kneecap is pulled toward the outside of the knee.

"It was pretty scary because it felt like my knee twisted all around. Luckily I'm all right," Bynum, who was wearing a heavy brace after the game, told The Los Angeles Times.

"I didn't hear any pops. I'm able to put weight on it and it doesn't really hurt. Just when I bend it, it hurts."

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

WOW this sucks. Kwame............
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the basketball gods hate the lakers
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
playamade_meskin
I airball my layups

playamade_meskin has an OK reputation so far

WOW! HERE WE GO AGAIN!

PLEASE KWAME STEP YO DAMN GAME UP ALREADY!

Be the player Jordan thought you could be! lol
playamade_meskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by playamade_meskin
PLEASE KWAME STEP YO DAMN GAME UP ALREADY!
Be the player Jordan thought you could be! lol

I've been harping on Kwame for a while now,

BUT CAN YOU IMAGINE IF KWAME WAS AS GOOD AS BYNUM ON O?
and as solid as he can be on D.....

OMG!!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
CantLooz
I airball my layups

CantLooz has an OK reputation so far

WHY!!!! WHYYYYYY! Could this be dejavu all over again? Injury...the main factor of why we lost so many games in the second half of last year. Well I pray that Odom & Kwame steps up! WHYYYYYYYY!!!!!
CantLooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #9
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far

Let's maintain some optimism here.

Kwame actually plays better when he's a regular starter (if he doesn't get hurt).

I believe they're no worse than a .500 without Bynum.

Let's not predict any losing streaks before they happen, let's give them a chance.

I'm hoping Kwame will realize he can improve his FA status if he works his butt off these next two months.
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #10
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far

wow.. another 42 - 45 win season, just when i thought that we could win 50+ games.
mongePR(kb24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #11
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

Kwame just has to be marginally good on O and then L.O., Walton and D-Fish need to pick up the rest of the scoring. They need to utilize L.O. on the blocks a lot more and Walton needs to get more aggressive.

I can see Ronny getting some more burn at the C spot and they could possibly pull out a trade for another C to help out (like Ely?)

And, you may see Mitch make the call to Webber and offer him a few thousand to come out of retirement for some instant offense. Say what you will, the cat can still score.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #12
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongePR(kb24)
wow.. another 42 - 45 win season, just when i thought that we could win 50+ games.

Do you expect the Lakers to play .300 ball the rest of the way?

I believe they can still stay within striking distance of the #6 spot.
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #13
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongePR(kb24)

and get KB his first MVP..... (53 wins might do it?)
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #14
Phanatik
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Phanatik has an OK reputation so far

I can't believe we'll need to depend on Kwame now. Especially with the long and difficult streak of road games coming up. Did you see his missed, uncontested dunk last night in crunch time? Damn, this is a really sad day for Laker fans everywhere.
Phanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #15
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

This is the time for Lamar. This is his test. If lamar can consistantly bring his good games everynight we'll be in a better shape than we think. Ronny has got to really make the most of the increaced PT hes gona get, cos we all know Kwarme aint gona score much. The team as a whole will have to increace their offence to maintain an extra 15ppg that bynum was starting to produce.I feel on defence we'll cope, cos at least kwarme can defend. But it could be worse - think if we had lost Kobe for 8 weeks!!!

This will be a tough time but i have faith in them GO LAKERS!!!!!!!
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: