Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation
Default Better buy College Hoops 2k8 quick.

Because there WILL be no 2k9.

Blame EA Sports. Gay.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Better buy College Hoops 2k8 quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
Because there WILL be no 2k9.

Blame EA Sports. Gay.

What?!?!? Link or something! How do you know!
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #3
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
What?!?!? Link or something! How do you know!

http://kotaku.com/344534/taketwo-col...ks-break-down/

To be fair though, I doubt it was really EA's fault. Maybe EA probably wanted to buy the exclusive license and then probably boosted their offer to a point where 2k couldn't have a chance to match it.

Regardless, 2K College Hoops series? Finished.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
http://kotaku.com/344534/taketwo-col...ks-break-down/

To be fair though, I doubt it was really EA's fault. Maybe EA probably wanted to buy the exclusive license and then probably boosted their offer to a point where 2k couldn't have a chance to match it.

Regardless, 2K College Hoops series? Finished.

EA did the same **** with Football. That's why there was no NFL 2k series games for a few years.

EA is garbage. The only decent games they have made recently are Fight Night and NHL 08.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:16 AM   #5
notorious ai3
OTC semi-lurker

notorious ai3 has an OK reputation so far

this whole exclusive rights thing is screwing the consumer out of quality games.

2k football > madden... madden gets exclusive nfl deal.
2k college hoops (and for that matter, nba as well) > ea sports basketball titles... ea gets exclusive college hoops deal. i hope stern sticks to not going with an exclusive license.
ea sports mvp baseball > 2k's baseball... 2k got the exclusive license (i believe just for sim type games). but mvp was awesome. i still play 05 because i don't want to play with college teams.

the companies think they are just hurting the competition by doing these deals, but really its the consumer that gets hurt the most because the quality of product offered after getting the license just sucks.
notorious ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

rat bastards.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation

wow.. here we go again, this 'exclusive license' is a joke, so much for good clean and fun competition huh? i agree 'rat bastards' is a very good assumption
Quote:
2K Sports’ NFL and NBA games used to be better received than EA’s and would also generally score higher. 2K Sports withdrew itself from making NFL games once EA had acquired the rights to the NFL franchise, and now EA is poised to do the same with the NCAA.
that says it all... 2K always out sold and had better ratings then EA Sports, thing is, why would these companies sign and 'exclusive' deal with a second rate contender? if 2K is far and above better why wouldn't the NFL and now NCAA sign a deal with them? so as we can see its all about the money not the fan or consumer
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #8
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

dang, sure am glad i got that for christmas. i sure am glad that ea doesnt go through all that bs. it ridiculous what these companies go through
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:51 PM   #9
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

To be fair, 2K Sports is poorly run as ****.

They put all their resources into acquiring baseball (MVP '05 was the best baseball game ever btw, although MLB 2k8 / MLB The Show looks like it'll be amazing). Then they put out All Pro Football 2k8 which IMHO was also a very solid game. NBA 2k8 is amazing as always.

The problem is 2k can't market for ****. EA's **** appeals to the common gamer because it has the sexy graphics and is advertised everywhere.

They pulled out from the College stuff probably because CH, although a great game, wasn't selling that much and it wasn't worth trying to pay more to make College Hoops.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #10
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation

i got my College Hoops 2k8 yesterday, i had to go to 3 stores just to find it!
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: