Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Recommend me a game.

I was at Target the other day and I saw Colossus, and God of War on sale, and they both looked interesting to me. I've never played a game like that, not for at least 10 years, but they do look like fun. I usually stick to basketball, fighting, and racing games.

Let me know what you thought of those games, and recommend me some others. I'm also not really interested in war games, though. Like . . SoCom or whatever.

Edit: My console is PS2, and I meant Shadow of the Colossus.

Last edited by pete's montreux : 01-14-2008 at 07:38 PM.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Recommend me a game.

God of war is a great game, you definitely should try it out. I've also heard good things about Shadow of the Colossus, I haven't actually played it though.

Edit: Soul Caliber 2 is probably one of my favorite fighting games, although you may have played it already.

Last edited by Kungfro : 01-14-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Heh, God of War was the reason I came into this thread. Get it immediately, you won't regret it. I've played through it twice (the second time on "God Mode") and loved it equally either time. Very good game. And the nice thing about it is once you finish that one, assuming you like it, you can get the sequel (which I haven't gotten around to playing yet).

And funnily enough, I've been debating Shadow of the Colossus too. The idea for it sounds insanely boring, but I keep hearing awesome things about it, and it's gotten really good ratings on IGN, Gamespot, etc. I'd check that out, it's probably pretty cheap.

Other ones you should definitely check out because, given how old they are, they're probably cheap are...

GTA Series (just bought Vice City for $7)
Devin May Cry (series of games)
Final Fantasy (they're RPG's, so they're different than the others mentioned)
Metal Gear Solid (another series)
SOCOM (2 and 3 are awesome if you have online)
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

what system
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

o i see ps2 sorry
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:13 AM   #6
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-footers

TJ4'D has an OK reputation so far

Like RidonKs said, God of War is an awsome game. I have also played through it two times like him and it was equally awsome both times. I highly reccomend that game and I assure you that you will not be dissapointed. Fantastic game.

Unlike RidonKs though, I have played God of War 2 and I can tell you that it is just as good as the original. It is another game that I strongly reccomend. Both of those games are outstanding. They are both two of my favourite PS2 games of all time. I guarntee you won't be dissapointed with either of them.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:27 AM   #7
McCartney

Shadow and God of War of both great games, but Id go with God of WAR...

Also, you should try the first Prince of Persia if you havent, really aweome game.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thanks guys. I think I might pick up God of War today, and maybe Shadow of the Colossus in the coming weeks.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #9
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I owned both of those games as well as God of War 2. Definitely get God of War. It won't let you down in the least. It's a great action game. Shadow of the Colossus is a good game too, but is definitely slower paced. You essentially ride around on a horse looking for these trully massive creatures. You have to use clever ways of beating them. If God of War is a 10 in my book, Colossus is an 8.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Wow. God Of War is incredible. I got it yesterday, and I've been playing it as much as I can. I haven't done that since I got Tekken 2 and Need For Speed when the Playstation came out when I was around 10.

I'll beat it in 2 weeks and then beat it in God mode, and then buy the second one, do the same thing, and be caught up for the release of God Of War III.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: