Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Hotlantadude81
NBA sixth man of the year

Default It appears that Eminem is in really bad shape

The Real Grim Shady

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RAP megastar EMINEM should be at the top of his game, cherry-picking the best talent for his production company.

Instead, The Sun can reveal, he is an overweight, spotty recluse with health problems who gorges on fatty food, and spend his days watching TV and playing computer games.

The one-time workaholic used to constantly scribble lyrics on scraps of paper then toil tirelessly in his studio revising songs.

But the 35-year-old has been crippled by writer’s block and now wastes his time with hangers-on at his Detroit mansion.

We revealed yesterday that the music legend’s 5ft 8in frame has ballooned to 14½st and that he is battling heart problems.

Now his desperate mother Debbie Nelson, 51, says: “I fear for him every waking moment.”

Em — real name MARSHALL MATHERS III — burst on to the scene in 1999 with The Slim Shady LP and has sold more than 70MILLION albums, winning a string of gongs.

Not content with dominating music, the bleach blond maestro turned his attention to movies and starred in the semi-autobiographical 8 Mile in 2002.

He even scooped Best Original Song Oscar for the soundtrack’s anthemic hit Lose Yourself.

He has dabbled in rap production, setting up Shady Records in 2000, and was an executive producer on his protégé 50 CENT’s debut record Get Rich Or Die Tryin’.

But things have screeched to a halt for the former golden boy — and his fall from grace culminated in a four-day hospital stint over Christmas with pneumonia and heart problems.

The deeply depressed star refuses to stop binge eating and gorges on calorie-busting Mexican takeaways and heart-clogging fillet steak.

In her new book Debbie, reckons her son is barely recognisable these days. She says: “He’s let his blond hair grow out so everything but the ends are dark. His face has broken out in pimples and he’s put on so much weight that he’s causing all sorts of other health problems for himself.

“Since childhood he’s suffered bouts of pneumonia. He’s always had throat infections and he’s asthmatic. His diet can’t help. I worry about his health all the time. He’s always had high blood pressure and his cholesterol levels must be sky high. He orders fillet steak takeout from an expensive restaurant almost every evening.

“I dread to think what his bills are — he pays for everyone hanging around the house.”

Em and Debbie fell out in 2001 when they became embroiled in a nasty court case over interviews he had given saying she was a pill-popping alcoholic who lived off welfare benefits and boyfriends.

Single mum Debbie was devastated by the fall-out — and his bile-filled lyrics aimed at her in 2002 hit Cleanin’ Out My Closet.

Debbie now believes Em is becoming more like tragic superstar ELVIS PRESLEY every day.

The pair have been compared for being white artists who have taken traditional black music to the mainstream.

Em mocked Presley in the video for his hit Without Me. An obese Presley locked himself in his Graceland mansion and surrounded himself with a Memphis mafia of groupies. He died of a heart attack, aged just 42, after years of drug abuse.

Eminem’s mother fears he is also heading for an early grave if he doesn’t totally change his lifestyle.

The rapper first retreated behind the doors of his home 18 months ago after his best pal and fellow rapper DeShaun “Proof” Holton was shot dead outside a club.

Debbie says childhood friend Proof was the only person Eminem truly trusted. He would often pull Em up on his drug taking and problems with his two-time wife Kim. In the months after Proof’s death Em was once again fighting with Kim.

‘ I fear for my son every waking moment - particularly his health ’

Their second marriage in 2006 lasted just 82 days, with Kim claiming he was back on drugs — after a brief stint in rehab — and refusing to get help.

Eminem has known Kim since he was 15. He says she is the only woman he has ever loved. But his mum believes Kim is another bad habit he just can’t give up.

The pair share custody of their 12-year-old daughter Hailie and live on the same exclusive gated estate. His inner circle, including 50 Cent, say it is unlikely Eminem will tour again because he likes to be at home for Hailie.

But at 12 she is becoming more independent and often refuses to stay in with her doting dad.

Even so, she is one of the few people who can actually persuade Eminem to leave the house.

He drives her to school most mornings and goes to her dance recitals.

Last year it was said he would star in Have Gun — Will Travel, a movie remake of an old American western TV series. He was expected to bring out his autobiography and was said to have a new album in the works.

But three months ago he said on US radio his career was “in limbo”.

He still has a stable of top acts, including chart-topper AKON, but even his D12 crew are working on solo projects.

Debbie says one of the reasons she penned her book was to remind her son of the good times they once had.

She claims he has no memory of 1999 — his breakthrough year and the year he first married Kim — because he was so strung out on drink and drugs. The book reveals Em was a mummy’s boy in his teens but once he reached adulthood he started lashing out at her, even beating her up on his 23rd birthday.

Debbie refuses to blame her son, saying Kim created many of the problems between them.

She says: “No one prepares you for the downside of celebrity.

“Marshall says fame brought a slew of problems he never expected. He no longer trusts anyone. Everyone wants a piece of Eminem the megastar, not Marshall Mathers the man.

“I call these people the circling vultures — they spot dollar signs and swoop in for the kill.”

After discovering her son had spent Christmas in hospital, Debbie is even more concerned about her son’s destructive behaviour.

She adds: “If he needs me, I’ll be there in a heartbeat.”

My Son Marshall, My Son Eminem by Debbie Nelson is published by John Blake.

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle670902.ece
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
TMacsOneGoodEye
Great college starter

Default Re: It appears that Eminem is in really bad shape

I saw him in person about 8 months ago (the company I was interning for did A & R/Advertising for Shady Records) and I couldn't believe how fat he was. I attributed it to him not being in the spotlight and eventually he'd get back in shape when he was releasing an album, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
Yaosonegoodear
Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminem
Quote:
In January 2008, it has been reported by TMZ.com that Eminem was reportedly hospitalized over Christmas holidays after suffering from complications brought about by pneumonia. One of the compilations that arose from the pneumonia was a serious heart condition and the Detroit rapper's weight ballooned to 200 lbs. He has since been released and is doing well recovering at home[40]. However, rapper Sha Money, who said he has "strong ties with the Shady family", has told WENN that Mathers just had influenza and that the reports about his bad health are false[41].
Yaosonegoodear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #4
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Man, just let Marshall be Marshall. His best friend just died so that definately has an effect on him and probably made him see that there is more to life than making hip hop hits. If he wants to stay home with his daughter and play games all day, let him. Why is that so bad? So what if he's eating all that greasy unhealthy fast food. Sounds to me like he just wants to live like regular folks. He's paid so money is not a problem for him.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
TMacsOneGoodEye
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Man, just let Marshall be Marshall. His best friend just died so that definately has an effect on him and probably made him see that there is more to life than making hip hop hits. If he wants to stay home with his daughter and play games all day, let him. Why is that so bad? So what if he's eating all that greasy unhealthy fast food. Sounds to me like he just wants to live like regular folks. He's paid so money is not a problem for him.

Because the guy has a history of not only addiction problems but major health issues as well. If he's sitting around being a recluse, eating junk food and becoming morbidly obese he's on a one way trip to death.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #6
Take Your Lumps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Because the guy has a history of not only addiction problems but major health issues as well. If he's sitting around being a recluse, eating junk food and becoming morbidly obese he's on a one way trip to death.

And it should be everyone's business.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

That sux for him. I really liked him when his first CD came out. nd the next 3 that came out were very good. He has a lot of talent. His lyrics and beats were very sick. never afaid to push the limits n his lyrics.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
*Kobe Mark*
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

He is supposed to have his new album King Mathers this year or maybe early next year so he will get back in shape.
*Kobe Mark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #9
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

He has a depression problem supposedly, and I didn't know of his physical problems until now. Yeah, he should definitely watch his health, because he's one of the best rappers in the world.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
catzhernandez
Underrated

He DOES look fatter. Looks like a fat lesbian ate Eminem.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #11
ryantheporchkid
No Pun Intended

Reminds me of Marc Bolan, John Frusciante, and Elvis. Two of three cases didn't go too well. Making records is probably his best friend.
ryantheporchkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #12
v-unit
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez

He DOES look fatter. Looks like a fat lesbian ate Eminem.

Exposed! I looked up fat eminem and saw those pictures and the heading said a fat lesbian at eminem! NICE TRY AT CREATING YOUR OWN JOKE.

I had my fun, I'm done.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #13
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

He doesn't look that bad. I was expecting Elvis fat. That's "man i had the muchies like crazy last night" fat.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #14
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I don't know whether he is just putting the face on, but he doesn't look to happy in those pics, either that or he's just posing.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #15
catzhernandez
Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Exposed! I looked up fat eminem and saw those pictures and the heading said a fat lesbian at eminem! NICE TRY AT CREATING YOUR OWN JOKE.

I had my fun, I'm done.
Ya got me.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: