Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 01-18-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
wadeshaqcook
I airball my layups

Default Wade says heat has lost confidence

Not that an 8-29 team should be overflowing with confidence, but Heat star Dwyane Wade confirmed Thursday that his team isn't exactly feeling good about itself.

Asked if the team has lost his confidence during its 11-game losing streak, Wade didn't back away.

''I think so, I think so,'' said Wade, who turned 26 on Thursday but didn't seem too excited about his birthday after practice. ``One thing I said to the guys: I think when times get hard, when it gets [to] the last eight minutes of the game or something, I think the confidence is not there to win a ballgame, because we haven't won a ballgame in a while. And you forget how to do things.

``You just got to have the confidence at the end to know that what you did the whole game [was good]. You've just got to step it up a little bit, do it a little harder and just do it with more focus.''

Many of the Heat's games during the streak have been within reach late. But the last two -- a 114-88 loss at New Orleans last Friday and Tuesday night's 126-96 blowout at the Bulls' hands -- have been anything but.

Forward Udonis Haslem on Thursday denied that the Heat has lost its confidence, talking more about the team's recent defensive breakdowns. Coach Pat Riley also remained focused on the team's struggling defense, which has allowed 105.3 points per game during December and January.

But Wade said the team's confidence might be undergoing a negative ''chain effect,'' just as it can build when things go well.

Wade's solution? Win one game. Or maybe more.

''It used to be simple as trying to get a win,'' Wade said. ``Now we've got to keep fighting to get one. But you've got to keep fighting to get one, and once you get one, then you try to do the things you did in that game [during] the next game.

``Hopefully you can keep doing it, and then you get your confidence going and you never know what you can do as a ballclub. That's how we won a championship -- we took that to another level.''

The Heat plays host to surging Portland, which has won 18 of 21 games, Friday night.

Soo You Guys think that is time to switch to an other favourite teams?
wadeshaqcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Default Re: Wade says heat has lost confidence

This roster is a mess and I don't see how Miam can compete over the next two seasons stuck with Shaq's 20 mil on the cap. They will have a little bit of cap room next season, but not enough to land a huge player. They have to hope to land an impact player in the draft for sure.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: