Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 01-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation
Default [ Amare, Traded? ]

hey anyone care to field a response to the fact 'several' media outlets are saying that the Suns are taking offers for Amare? and or calling teams as well to gage his value? would trading Stat really help the Suns? if they were going to trade him anyway, why not had got a deal done for Kevin Garnett? now who can the Suns get? Gasol? what about a package of players for Amare? what would be the Suns best bet? what would help this team the most? Amare much like Marion has an early opt out he can exercise in the next few years i think it was. anyway what do any/all of you think?
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: [ Amare, Traded? ]

Hmm I dunno. On one hand I believe Amare feels some loyalty towards the Suns for sticking with him through the microfracture stuff (well actually they had no choice I suppose) and by drafting him when no one else wanted a high schooler. But on the other hand, I think he could definitely get better numbers on a different team where he is the main option at all times, and that would entice him a little.

But the last time Amare trade rumours were thrown around, I read an article about how Steve Kerr found them funny - because the rumours were started by the media, and Kerr hadn't even thought of trading Amare. It was like the media was telling him that he was looking to trade. I don't know about this time though. I haven't seen anything major on AZ Central or the East Valley Tribune suggesting they're looking to trade. All I saw was that ESPN thingo with Amare as the 10th candidate that Hollinger (or whoever it was) would trade if he were the GM. I'm kinda stumped on who we could possibly get in return for Amare, that would propel us past all the other West teams this year and in coming years.

Personally I think we're best off sticking with Kerr's original idea, and this core of Nash/Marion/Amare. Maybe shop Diaw around after his recent performances - and try to get another defensive big man. Time and time again it's been stated we need help down low on D. Perhaps we could grab PJ Brown. But how effective would he really be, considering he's 38 and hasn't played in ages?

My dream solution would be a trade of Banks and Diaw plus a draft pick for Tyson Chandler But that's such a big shaft for the Hornets it's not funny. Not even Isiah Thomas would do that
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

shop DIAW man i been saying that for the longest time, thing is he will not get traded or will be hard to trade, the Suns severely overpaid him after one overly productive year. and he hasn't produced anything close to his numbers that year Amare was out with the micro facture. i would also shop BANKS but his salary makes him hard to move, he as well is overpaid!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation

if the suns traded amare i would really have a hard time being a suns fan just cuz hes my favorite, i would still root and everything but it would definitely put a damper on the season for me. heres some food for thought- diaw, barbosa, marks, and our draft pick for pau gasol????? i would love pau gasol to be in our system, hes a great shooter and passer and would be a GENIUS threat down low with amare.
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't the Suns should make a major move at this point, just stick with this group and retool at seasons end. There just arent that many trade options at the deadline, many more players will be available during the offseason. It seems like there will not be many sellers right now, maybe a guy like Artest, but I don't think he's worth the risk.

I think Marion would have been traded already if they were seriously considering moving him.

ThyGreatOne, your right about guys like Diaw and Banks, not only are they overpaid, but it makes them very difficult to move.

As long as Nash is a Sun they have a chance!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #6
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

They could of got Garnett or tried for Kobe but neither of those will be traded now, getting equal value will be tough now.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #7
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

good post guys, yea i think in all honesty if not for the bloated contracts of DIAW and BANKS they would have been moved already! and now the lack of production has to be shying teams away from making a deal. i am excited DIAW decided to play 2 out of the last 3 games. this guy has so much tools and gifts, why not use them? he is very diverse and can do just about anything, but when will this 'waiting' game end? how long do the Suns have to wait for him to consistently produce? he should be killin cats along side AMARE
Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
if the suns traded amare i would really have a hard time being a suns fan just cuz hes my favorite, i would still root and everything but it would definitely put a damper on the season for me. heres some food for thought- diaw, barbosa, marks, and our draft pick for pau gasol????? i would love pau gasol to be in our system, hes a great shooter and passer and would be a GENIUS threat down low with amare.
yea i dont see trading AMARE as a reasonable solution, plus they are a #1 team in the West record wise, i think they do need some size/post defense and a big body to get some more rebounds. i don't like the idea of trading or including BARBOSA in any trades, he is instant offence and a speedster, it would be to hard to replace what he provides the Suns. i think GASOL would be a nice addition to this team, but at what cost? the Grizzlies aint gonna just give him away, lol!

Last edited by ThyGreatOne : 01-19-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #8
Domingo84
I airball my layups

Domingo84 has decent reputation

Suns would be idiots to trade Amare! if the trade doesn't involve Garnett, Bosh or Howard they are stupid and for Gasol? thats not even worth it! Ill trade Diaw and banks for Gasol but not Amare! for Bosh straight up isnt worth it either! Amare is alot better than Bosh and i would try to get more out of the deal! Amare is going to be better than Garnett in a few years! he got alot better defensively but still makes stupid fouls but he will improve as the season goes on and will get better!
Domingo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #9
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

bottom line, there are some players in the league you cannot get equal value for and Amare is one of them. fact is they should have pulled the trigger when they had Garnett all but handed to them. but we cant look back or go back. and proceeding forward, i dont know if i see any deals on the table rumored or available that seem to make sense for the Suns. i think 'shut up and play' would be best.

if they can get some size via free agency or trading Diaw/Banks cool, if not, cool! they got a solid team and are not playing consistently great ball yet are still #1 in the West, honestly with the market looking as non fruitful as it is, they might be best to just stand pat and run with what they got. if they can again pick up a key role player off free agency that would be ideal, they could then get a high quality player at a bargain basement price.

i really would like to see this Damon Stoudemire deal work out, i think he is a great veteran PG that could honestly keep the Suns offense going when Nash was resting, seems like the only competition the Suns have for Damon is the Boston Celtics, lets just hope his ties to Arizona win out in his final decision!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: