Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Webber interested only if we are at full strength?

It's on ESPN.com

He's interested in the pistons, lakers, and magic. Detroit is willing to take him as a 4th PF behind Jason Maxiell.

It seems as though Webber is only interested in getting paid and not getting playing time. We can't have anyone like that. DJ Mebenga might be our only option. Hopefully he can actually do something.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Webber interested only if we are at full strength?

You would think that he would want to aid the lakers in staying afloat and then have a contending team when Bynum returns..

Instead hes gonna warm up the bench with the pistons have no pride in what hes doing, and ultimately (probably...) loose to the celtics
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
It's on ESPN.com

He's interested in the pistons, lakers, and magic. Detroit is willing to take him as a 4th PF behind Jason Maxiell.

It seems as though Webber is only interested in getting paid and not getting playing time. We can't have anyone like that. DJ Mebenga might be our only option. Hopefully he can actually do something.

We should think it the other way...would the lakers be intrested in him if we are full strength????

HELL NO
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

What a pile of **** this guy is. We wouldnt even be considering him if Bynum was injured. Dude is just looking for a bandwagon to jump. Now I dont want him on our squad if this is true. We dont need dead weight if hes just planning on playing as little of minujtes as possible.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #5
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

No need to get mad, guys--we don't know if C-Webb even said that. The only place that's reporting that Webber ISN'T interested in LA is ESPN--the same network that said the Lakers tried to trade Kobe this past offseason for Ben Wallace and Ron Artest. Until I see a direct quote from C-Webb himself, I'm not gonna judge.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
No need to get mad, guys--we don't know if C-Webb even said that. The only place that's reporting that Webber ISN'T interested in LA is ESPN--the same network that said the Lakers tried to trade Kobe this past offseason for Ben Wallace and Ron Artest. Until I see a direct quote from C-Webb himself, I'm not gonna judge.

thats why I put a question mark on the title.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
Frank Foley

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
thats why I put a question mark on the title.

I was talking about the posts directly above mine.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #8
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

OliverThizz has an OK reputation so far

This is the ESPN that originally stated that Detroit wasnt one of his possible destinations. The same ESPN that still talks about "the Kobe trade" as if its stilla possibility
OliverThizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #9
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I was talking about the posts directly above mine.

Thats why I said if its true, considering the source. The fact he isnt signed or that we Have DJ making appearances at our games doesnt leave much to the imagination.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
Frank Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
Thats why I said if its true, considering the source. The fact he isnt signed or that we Have DJ making appearances at our games doesnt leave much to the imagination.

Well, we don't know what's happening behind the scenes. It could be that Webber is acting like the primadonna ESPN's making him out to be (given his track record, it isn't too far of a stretch). But it's also possible that the FO has concerns about his age/conditioning/defense and is thus leaning towards the younger, more defense-oriented Mbenga (and for the record, I'm totally in the Webber>Mbenga camp). Or maybe there's a mutual lack of interest for totally different reasons. But the bottom line remains: we don't know. Which is why I won't hold it against Webber if he ends up signing elsewhere.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #11
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If they do opt to sign Mbenga I hope K.A.J. gives em' some tips.. Im sure he wont be able to actually teach him since they are in the middle of the season. Plus, he Benga would probably spend all his time attempting to learn the lakers system.. but a few pointers here in there in between break days could not hurt
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #12
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Which is why I won't hold it against Webber if he ends up signing elsewhere.

As a Laker fan, sure ya can, Webber was a King lol
Old 01-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #13
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
As a Laker fan, sure ya can, Webber was a King lol

You mean a queen? lol

And man if this is true, the Fukc Webber. Sh!t we don’t need that stiff. WE have our own stiffs .lol If this is true and Webber did sign with another team, I would love if Phil was like

"Well, Webber was a great player but he defense and athleticism sure did worry us. If we really wanted a player like Webber, we wouldn’t have dealt Cook"
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #14
Lakers13
Reload Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
You mean a queen? lol

And man if this is true, the Fukc Webber. Sh!t we don’t need that stiff. WE have our own stiffs .lol If this is true and Webber did sign with another team, I would love if Phil was like

"Well, Webber was a great player but he defense and athleticism sure did worry us. If we really wanted a player like Webber, we wouldn’t have dealt Cook"

Def meant Queen lol
Old 01-21-2008, 04:58 AM   #15
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

Full strength - lets take a look now:
Bynum - OUT
Ariza - OUT
Vlad - OUT
Mihm - OUT
Kwame - Hurts to play/rubbish
Luke - Hurts to play
Sasha - Hurts to play

Doesn't look like full strength to me, so we aint gettin C-Webb. Bugger
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: