Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far
Default Mr. Chuck Award Goes To?

Who's the chucker of the year (well half-year)?
My candidates:

-Michael Redd
-Kevin Durant
-Baron Davis
-Ben Gordon
-Jason Richardson
-Stephen Jackson
-Paul Pierce
-Kobe Bryant
-Allen Iverson
-Rafer Alston

Who wins the award?
It's gotta be 1a. Michael Redd and 1b. Kevin Durant this year for me.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
SLY
Brooklyn Lopez

SLY has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mr. Chuck Award Goes To?

Kobe is the GOAT when it comes to chucking
SLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

durant. i havent seen him play very much this year but everytime i do, hes shooting 6/22 or something similar
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Incomplete list without Artest.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #5
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
durant. i havent seen him play very much this year but everytime i do, hes shooting 6/22 or something similar
the guy is a rookie dude.. giv him time
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Ben Gordon, he just chucks up the shots. No contest...and I've seen most of the Bull's games.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #7
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

In order:
-Kevin Durant
-Rafer Alston
-Michael Redd
-Ben Gordon
-Jason Richardson
-Stephen Jackson

I don't consider Kobe or PP to be chuckers. They both chuck but their game isn't defined by chucking. Baron Davis and Iverson come close to chuckers with all the bad shots they take, but they also add a lot more to the game and only chuck sometimes so I'm taking them off as well.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #8
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinecz
the guy is a rookie dude.. giv him time
Exactly. What's a rookie doing chucking? I've seen games when Durant continually chucks when Wally's like 11-12 from the field or something. Durant's way too confident in himself. He needs to learn some humility and team play.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #9
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

warriors players shouldnt be on this list because the warriors game plan is to chuck. if they dont chuck they arent doing their job.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:36 PM   #10
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kobe would easily be right near the top of this list if this was the first year of the league's existence and nobody knew who anyone was. Only reason he's not there is because compared to previous years, what he's doing now is absolutely nothing.

From what I've seen, I'd definitely agree on Redd and Durant on a consistent basis.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #11
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

BG ain't no chucka unless you consider tossing fire chucking.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

Josh Howard wins in a landslide.
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:47 PM   #13
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far

Add Rudy Gay. The human Black Hole.
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:53 PM   #14
Unreal Skill
Love me or Hate me

Unreal Skill has an OK reputation so far

KD wins, probably average around 18-20 shots per game and only shooting 40%. He forced too many shots but as their 1st scoring option, it's not surprising he gets that many shots.
Unreal Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:02 PM   #15
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
Josh Howard wins in a landslide.
See, I think chucking and ball hogging are different. I mean, I hate a black hole as much as the next guy, but a block hole is miles better than a chucker. A chucker, in my mind at least, throws up jumpers that don't have a high success rate. I actually think a chucker could be defined as an inefficient black hole. A guy who not only hogs the ball and takes a lot of shots, but makes matters worse by missing those shots the majority of the time.

That might just be my definition though.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: