Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 08-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Interesting Preseason schedule

Quote:
The Bobcats 2006-07 preseason schedule will consist of six of the team’s eight games being played in North and South Carolina. The Bobcats will play three games at Charlotte Bobcats Arena – including the third annual Cool School Field Trip, A Read to Achieve Celebration, presented by Harris Teeter and co-sponsored by Kraft Foods – with two contests at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and another in Columbia, South Carolina.
The Bobcats begin preseason play with three games at Charlotte Bobcats Arena, including Tuesday, October 10, against Southeast Division rival Orlando and on Friday, October 13, against Milwaukee. Both games tip off at 7:00 p.m.

On Monday, October 16, the Bobcats will host the third annual Cool School Field Trip, a Read to Achieve Celebration, in a 10:00 a.m. tipoff against Washington at Charlotte Bobcats Arena. An NBA first, the Cool School game hosts 18,000 students from more than 80 middle schools covering more than 30 regional cities and 15 counties. The event will be presented by Harris Teeter and co-sponsored by Kraft Foods.

Cool School is a curriculum-based event as an incentive for students to excel in school through the demonstration of their academic performance, commendable character and admirable service. Each participating school will determine which students demonstrating those qualities get to attend. Complimentary tickets will be provided exclusively for those participating. Students will be given a curriculum-based and basketball-themed Cool School Field Trip workbook to be used throughout the game. The workbook includes character development, math, literacy, health and nutrition activities.

The first of two games at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill will be on Tuesday, October 17, at 7 p.m. when the Bobcats face Washington. Former Tar Heels Raymond Felton and Sean May will face their Wizards counterparts in Antawn Jamison and Brendan Haywood. The Bobcats return to Smith Center on Friday, October 27, to close out the preseason with a contest against former Tar Heel Marvin Williams.

Charlotte and Indiana will square off on Thursday, October 19, in Indiana, and Tuesday, October 24, in a contest being played in Columbia, South Carolina, at the Colonial Center on the campus of the University of South Carolina. The Bobcats will also play Milwaukee in Green Bay, Wisconsin, at the Resch Center on October 26.

Preseason tickets can be purchased on Saturday, August 26, at 10:00 a.m. at the Charlotte Bobcats Arena Box Office, by calling 704-BOBCATS, logging onto BobcatsBasketball.com or by visiting Blumenthal Performing Arts Center in Founders Hall. Tickets for the Cool School game will not be made available for purchase to the general public.
man I would love to catch one of the UNC games. It's pretty cool how they set that up. Mainly for marketing purposes though but I bet it will pack the Smith Center.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:57 AM   #2
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
man I would love to catch one of the UNC games. It's pretty cool how they set that up. Mainly for marketing purposes though but I bet it will pack the Smith Center.

I agree. I would love to see the Cats play.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

I'd love to see more games, we haven't had a Bobcats game televised in the UK yet as only get a couple of games a week and always seems to be the same big teams. See plenty of highlights and been to a few games when over in the states but would be awesome to catch some of them, just a bit far for preseason stuff lol

Going to see philly and phoenix in Germany soon but it won't be the same as watching my own team
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: