Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Al Jefferson to Kevin Garnett: "We both have one thing in common...no championships."

Quote:
Looks as if Al Jefferson is just as quick with his wit as he is on his feet.

When Kevin Garnett emphatically reminded Jefferson of his all-star selections - "11 years! 11 years!" - Jefferson replied with something that Garnett couldn't top.

"I told him we both have one thing in common - no championships," Jefferson said. "He didn't like that too much."

Garnett and Jefferson were hit with technical fouls for their heated trash talking early in the third quarter of Friday night's game.

Garnett and the Celtics trailed much of the game but rallied late in the fourth quarter for an 87-86 victory at home.

Immediately after Garnett stole the ball to preserve the win as time expired, he celebrated on the court as if the Celtics had just won a playoff game. It was an interesting sight, Garnett holding up the front of his jersey.

The Celtics, after all, have the NBA's best record. The Wolves entered that game with the league's worst record.

Garnett was traded last summer from Minnesota to Boston in exchange for Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, two first-round picks and cash considerations.

Wolves forward Mark Madsen, who played with Garnett the longest of any current Minnesota player, said he didn't take offense to Garnett's celebration. He said Garnett is an emotional player who wears his emotions on his sleeve.

Said Green: "It's a thing where I think it was a more personal game. I think everybody wanted to prove
Advertisement
to each other that they're better than each other. I thought we should have won, but we did get the loss.

this might explain KG's "classless" celebration at the end of the game
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Al Jefferson to Kevin Garnett: "We both have one thing in common...no championships."

jefferson with the zinger!
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
Dbrog
Local High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation
Default Re: Al Jefferson to Kevin Garnett: "We both have one thing in common...no championshi

Ouch! That is hilarious and harsh! Jefferson = greatest come back ever.
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Al Jefferson to Kevin Garnett: "We both have one thing in common...no championshi

When did all of this trash talking take place? During the game or interviews before/after?

I'd be great if all this was clearly caught on film instead of word of mouth.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #5
Fatal_Flaw
I hit open 5-footers

Fatal_Flaw has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Al Jefferson to Kevin Garnett: "We both have one thing in common...no championships."

Al Jefferson has my respect.
Fatal_Flaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

Al Jeff is the man

I still can't get enough of KG punching the jersey and holding up the C's logo, I don't care how "classless" it seems to others.

Al has his fair share of fired up celebrations too. Take a look at the game against Miami last year when he hit the game winner.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #7
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

KG was a punk ass, and still is.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Al Jefferson is the ****.

I love this guy.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #9
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
When did all of this trash talking take place? During the game or interviews before/after?

I'd be great if all this was clearly caught on film instead of word of mouth.
Minnesota sports radio station show host Paul Allen(voice of the Vikings) said a guy who went on the trip with the Wolves told him that KG was just an arrogant jack ass, prick, ******* whatever the entire time.

He didnt acknowledge any of his former team mates(granted theres few left but Craig, Mark Madsen, Foye, Rashad who was like a lil brother to him) and the celebration at the end was just freaking tasteless.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #10
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
Al Jeff is the man

I still can't get enough of KG punching the jersey and holding up the C's logo, I don't care how "classless" it seems to others.

Al has his fair share of fired up celebrations too. Take a look at the game against Miami last year when he hit the game winner.
no so much classless as pathetic. you barely beat the worst team in the league. grow up you petulant overgrown child. oh, and try and express a sentiment without relying on your f-bomb crutch.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #11
Raindrops
I hit open layups

Raindrops has an OK reputation so far

That is one thing that always got on my nerves about Garnett. If some average player would get the best of him he would just talk trash to him, and more than a few times guys called him on his bs and then he wouldnt even put up a fight.
Raindrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #12
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

i wonder why people hate garnett for being so passionate.. wether you win against an average team or the worst team whats important is you get the victory and being a winner i would do the same because everybody loves a winner. that's why he is at celtics. if garnett didnt pay respect or show gratitude to his former teammates he has a reason why anyway there's still a game coming feb c's @ wolves then maybe we will see garnett pay tribute to the fans there and to his former team mate.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #13
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindrops
That is one thing that always got on my nerves about Garnett. If some average player would get the best of him he would just talk trash to him, and more than a few times guys called him on his bs and then he wouldnt even put up a fight.

he did try to fight Bonner. But yeah its Bonner.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #14
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
i wonder why people hate garnett for being so passionate.. wether you win against an average team or the worst team whats important is you get the victory and being a winner i would do the same because everybody loves a winner. that's why he is at celtics. if garnett didnt pay respect or show gratitude to his former teammates he has a reason why anyway there's still a game coming feb c's @ wolves then maybe we will see garnett pay tribute to the fans there and to his former team mate.
I guess my wolves blinders and homerism got in the way, but he really does get annoying
Old 01-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #15
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
no so much classless as pathetic. you barely beat the worst team in the league. grow up you petulant overgrown child. oh, and try and express a sentiment without relying on your f-bomb crutch.

The emotions of that game for everyone involved overrides any other factor IMO. That includes Telfair throwing mean mugs every time he hit a shot, Big Al flexing and yelling after making a nice up and under move on Perk and KG, and even Brewer flipping out after he hit a few shots on Pierce. In the context of that game it was all fine.

To me the celebration was 12 years of frustration combined with making the game winning play. I'd be pretty fired up too.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: