Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Default I got GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas...

...today at EB Games for $41. I'm not sure if the trilogy pack is cheaper, but San Andreas was new and the other two were previously owned (though in good condition). Feel free to reminisce about these great games and tell me what to look out for (I played it before on PS2, but that was awhile ago).
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

Default Re: I got GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
...today at EB Games for $41. I'm not sure if the trilogy pack is cheaper, but San Andreas was new and the other two were previously owned (though in good condition). Feel free to reminisce about these great games and tell me what to look out for (I played it before on PS2, but that was awhile ago).

I was impressed with GTA3 when I first played it. But the other two wasn't that fun for me.
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
I was impressed with GTA3 when I first played it. But the other two wasn't that fun for me.

I like Vice City more than San Andreas, when I went to buy them it was the one I mostly wanted. I don't like the fitness stuff in San Andreas, and the city is more appealing visually in Vice City.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #4
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Vice City just seems to be the perfect game out of those 3...some challenging missions, great storyline, Awesome main character...had a good size for a city.

That's just me on Vice City...

GTA III was nice and one of the best of its time...but basically the game had a mute Main Character, so far has the most hardest missions out of all of the GTA games, and not much to do but do missions.

San Andreas...probably the best GTA game of all time...but srsly, the missions were just flat out easy.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #5
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Vice City just seems to be the perfect game out of those 3...some challenging missions, great storyline, Awesome main character...had a good size for a city.

GTA III was nice and one of the best of its time...but basically the game had a mute Main Character, so far has the most hardest missions out of all of the GTA games, and not much to do but do missions.

San Andreas...probably the best GTA game of all time...but srsly, the missions were just flat out easy.

I feel the same way, I wish they added some more challenging things to San Andreas. Make it a behemeth of a game, like originally advertised. They said that there was 160+ hours of gameplay in it. I finished it in like 3 days once when I was sick. The story missions anyways.
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:52 AM   #6
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8

I agree San Andreas missions were too easy....the only mission that I hated on SA was the burning building one close to the end.....that was hard!

I thought GTA 3 was the hardest out of all of them
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:32 AM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

San Andreas had the best gameplay but that's how it should seeing as how it was the most recent one. I couldn't stand some of the flying missions though.

My favourite was Vice City. I loved the atmosphere, the missions and characters a lot more in this one.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:38 AM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

For some reason the series just kinda got old to me. THey are fun but none of it seems that new to me. Guess I'm just getting old.

I remember being wow'd be the real GTA 2 that was birds eye view style. Me and my buddies thought it was great. They should release the original two as easter eggs in the upcoming.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:17 AM   #9
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

As soon as I played GTA III, the love story began between me and the series. Previously I'd only ever been a purely sports games player, but playing this was fantastic. The freedom of just going around doing what you want when not in a mission was just amazing, something I'd never experienced before. I got so into the storyline I couldn't put it down for hours.

The exact same thing happened to me with Vice City and San Andreas. Though I've become more of a Nintendo fanboy the last few months, I will still look to try out the new game/s whenever I can.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:30 AM   #10
LJJ
Extra Cheese

I'm happy to hear they took the whole character build up system out of the new GTA.

I haven't been into GTA ever since I stopped playing GTA 2, but I'll give the new one a try.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: