Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 02-01-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

Default J.J. Reddick

Why has he been virtually not used with the Magic. Is he any good at all. Do you guys think he was a waste of a 1st round draft pick.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
Magicman17
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: J.J. Reddick

Unfortunantly JJ can only really shoot, with lots of shooters on our roster already he cant get into JVG's rotation. Maybe we should keep him for one more season if we lose a Guard as i hear Mo Evans and a couple of others come out of contract at seasons end.
Magicman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman17
Unfortunantly JJ can only really shoot, with lots of shooters on our roster already he cant get into JVG's rotation. Maybe we should keep him for one more season if we lose a Guard as i hear Mo Evans and a couple of others come out of contract at seasons end.

Isn't is SVG?

I think J.J. Redick would be a welcome addition for the Spurs; however, I don't see us going after him. Brent Barry will likely be gone at the end of the year, so I would like for us to sign or trade for another shooter.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:06 AM   #4
ILballa
Hemp Coach

J.J. Redick should get traded to a team where he can get some minutes.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #5
Orlando_Magic13

the magic dont want to trade Reddick because SVG says that he doesnt want him on another team and Van Gundy says that he goes 100% at practice
Orlando_Magic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #6
Orlando_Magic13

Magic should make a trade for Kidd...thats the only position the magic are not set on. Howard + Kidd = Championship
Old 02-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
Magicman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando_Magic13
Magic should make a trade for Kidd...thats the only position the magic are not set on. Howard + Kidd = Championship

I'd agree with you there but who do we have that will satisfy the Nets?
Magicman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:42 AM   #8
Orlando_Magic13

After the way JJ played last night 10 points on 4-10 fg% 2-4 3pt % in like 15 mins i think he should get more time and just tell him to stay on the three point line and shoot away.... like kyle korver in Utah. If everybody is going to double team dwight we should spread out the court and hit JJ with the three ball
Old 02-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #9
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

Reddick is a huge liability on defense as he can't defend this chair I'm sitting in. He's a shooter and not much else. He's not much of a passer either. He's a true one dimensional player. Was he a wasted of a first round pick? In that year...YES! Imagine if the Magic drafted Rodney Carney, Rajon Rondo, Josh Boone, or Ronnie Brewer instead. They also passed on Daniel Gibson in the second round.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #10
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

hey the Nets could use a backup shootiog gaurd!!! becaus we traded A.Wright away
Nets fan 93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

Jj reddick was my fav coming otu the draft cause he got a record in the ncaa, he was really good i nthe 3 point field...

Maybe raptors or phoenix might have good use for a guy like jj
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #12
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaSportz
Reddick is a huge liability on defense as he can't defend this chair I'm sitting in. He's a shooter and not much else. He's not much of a passer either. He's a true one dimensional player. Was he a wasted of a first round pick? In that year...YES! Imagine if the Magic drafted Rodney Carney, Rajon Rondo, Josh Boone, or Ronnie Brewer instead. They also passed on Daniel Gibson in the second round.

To be fair though, at the time Redick seemed like the best pick just because he was the best player coming out of college (with the 11th pick). However, his career obviously hasn't panned out so far. He is still young, only in his sophomore season, and he can still be a decent NBA player for a team. He needs to go to a team that needs shooters though. Perhaps Miami?
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #13
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ers4life
Why has he been virtually not used with the Magic. Is he any good at all. Do you guys think he was a waste of a 1st round draft pick.

JJ Redick is a bust. He is just another one of those highly hyped college players hyped by the stupid college basketball media/critic (such as dick vitale) who know nothing about advanced basketball.
Howard Schits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #14
SankTheTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Schits
JJ Redick is a bust. He is just another one of those highly hyped college players hyped by the stupid college basketball media/critic (such as dick vitale) who know nothing about advanced basketball.

Why don't you watch him play before you start running your mouth, *******? You know nothing about JJ Redick, you know nothing about his situation, you know nothing about the Orlando Magic either. Yeah, I figured all that out JUST by reading ONE of your 243 unintelligent posts.

JJ can score at will. He's so good coming off the screen and shooting the ball. Who does he remind me of? Reggie Miller. He is going to be one of the best three point shooters in the NBA.
SankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #15
lil baller
wade=mvp

Question Re: J.J. Reddick

Okay this dumb??trading j.j reddick and your 1st round draft choice to miami for udonis haslem, marcus banks, and dorrell wright???
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: