Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 02-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default crawford as a sonic?

how sweet would this be?

There's bad and then there's the Knicks. Anytime Sonics fans want to groan and bemoan how terrible their team is, they need to take a long look at the Knicks and thank the basketball gods that Isiah Thomas isn't coaching this team. Ok that's a little harsh. Isiah the coach isn't so bad, but Isiah the GM is horrible. Case in point is New York's broken down lineup of mismatching parts. Spoke with Rainier Beach boys Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson afterward. Crawford is ready for a new change of venue. He told me he's making the best of a tough situation, but wouldn't mind being traded. He talked about returning to Seattle and playing here, but then a lot of the Seattle guys say that. Crawford seemed serious, however, there's nothing in the works and it probably will never happen because he essentially plays Kevin Durant's position. Seattle Times
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: crawford as a sonic?

We need another scorer next to Durant. This would be a good idea.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller

Howard Schits has an OK reputation so far

First of all, Durant is not a 2 guard. PJ is making a big mistake with this experimentation. Take a look at the games he had played so far; his poor ball decision he had made. And the lack of ball movement when the Sonics only point guard was cuffed by opposing team. Sure, Durant can make a 3 now and then. But look at his FG %. That also explains the Sonics win-loss %. Durant is a small forward in the NBA. And he should be allowed to play that position to grow.
Howard Schits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

I would like to see Jamal play with the Sonics. Durant needs to be at the 3. He is not the next Tracy McGrady. He is going to be a star in the NBA but he's not going to be T-Mac so I say get Crawford.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Schits
First of all, Durant is not a 2 guard. PJ is making a big mistake with this experimentation. Take a look at the games he had played so far; his poor ball decision he had made. And the lack of ball movement when the Sonics only point guard was cuffed by opposing team. Sure, Durant can make a 3 now and then. But look at his FG %. That also explains the Sonics win-loss %. Durant is a small forward in the NBA. And he should be allowed to play that position to grow.

i think this has been the plan all along but the admin wanted to see kd start off at the 2 because he still needs to mature into his "nba" body.

he will eventually go primarily to the 3
Old 02-04-2008, 01:52 AM   #6
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

MikeRo72 has an OK reputation so far

Durant plays the SG position for you guys because the Sonics have 13445678843 Forwards and Centers on the roster. Personally, as a Knick fan I'd love to see the Knicks trade Nate and Crawford to the Sonics for a pair of 1st rounders or a 1st rounder and an expiring contract. It wont happen though, James Dolan wants to continue this farce and act like he is putting a team out there.
MikeRo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
I airball my layups

1982 has an OK reputation so far

lol 2 first rounders?

Crawford has no place on our team, he's not going to help it grown he'll just be another gunner to get in the way. only a team run by idiots would have two 40% shooters starting.
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982
lol 2 first rounders?

Crawford has no place on our team, he's not going to help it grown he'll just be another gunner to get in the way. only a team run by idiots would have two 40% shooters starting.

You know you guys up there love your local hoop stars. Roy, Crawford, and Nate. And you know your new owner is all about selling tickets. He is a slave to the almighty dollar

But your GM on the other hand. He is as good a GM as any in the league.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #9
I airball my layups

1982 has an OK reputation so far

I think we're past Bennett trying to endear himself to the fans by getting local boys to be honest mate.
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982
I think we're past Bennett trying to endear himself to the fans by getting local boys to be honest mate.

Yup you're right. Sad to see really. Not to go too far off topic but it would be criminal if Stern let the Sonics walk to OK City.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:01 AM   #11
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo72
Yup you're right. Sad to see really. Not to go too far off topic but it would be criminal if Stern let the Sonics walk to OK City.

stern has felt powerless in this process. he could not control/influence the locals or the legislature to pony up for a new arena

seems to me he would be happy to spurn the city

gee, is there any real reason stern presented bennett at a recent ok. hall of fame last november?

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: