Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 02:24 AM   #1
sdavis1781
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 59
sdavis1781 has an OK reputation so far
Default Maggette for Turkoglu, Mobley and our Lottery pick for ???

Maggette is a great player but is more of a fast break type then half court. Orlando just signed Lewis to a big contract and Turkoglu is taking his shots. Orlando has low post, 3 point shooter and Maggette can be the slasher. What about getting rid of mobley and that big contract and use our lottery pick to try and get C.Buttler or M. Miller. Can we then sign J. Calderon!!! WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Kaman
Brand
Turkoglu
????C.Buttler or M.Miller
Livingston maybe J. Calderon
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:32 AM   #2
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan
 
adiedanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Covina,Ca
Posts: 921
adiedanny has decent reputation
Default Re: Maggetter for Turkoglu, Mobley and our Lottery pick for ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis1781
Maggette is a great player but is more of a fast break type then half court. Orlando just signed Lewis to a big contract and Turkoglu is taking his shots. Orlando has low post, 3 point shooter and Maggette can be the slasher. What about getting rid of mobley and that big contract and use our lottery pick to try and get C.Buttler or M. Miller. Can we then sign J. Calderon!!! WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Kaman
Brand
Turkoglu
????C.Buttler or M.Miller
Livingston maybe J. Calderon
I would do two if not all of those options but does it fit in our cap space?
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:23 PM   #3
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 18,597
qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Maggetter for Turkoglu, Mobley and our Lottery pick for ???

Hedo is playing great for the Magic, they won't deal him for someone who might leave after this season.

I don't want to deal our lotto pick for Butler, even if it's dumping Mobley's deal. Why deal a chance at Beasley/Rose for Butler? I'd prefer to wait until draft day rolls around, and if we can get Beasley, I'm sure a team will overpay and be willing to give us multiple picks in the draft for it.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:43 AM   #4
sdavis1781
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 59
sdavis1781 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Maggette for Turkoglu, Mobley and our Lottery pick for ???

yea but we all know what will happen, it will go Beasley, Rose, then our pick so like Clipper draft History always goes we will be one spot shy of picking the top player, and a few brain cells short of drafting talent. Lets save our self now and get talent that can already produce, im sick of the 25 year rebuilding phase that we are in.
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan
 
adiedanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Covina,Ca
Posts: 921
adiedanny has decent reputation
Default Re: Maggette for Turkoglu, Mobley and our Lottery pick for ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis1781
yea but we all know what will happen, it will go Beasley, Rose, then our pick so like Clipper draft History always goes we will be one spot shy of picking the top player, and a few brain cells short of drafting talent. Lets save our self now and get talent that can already produce, im sick of the 25 year rebuilding phase that we are in.
What draft history? According to every other fan we always had these great All Stars that we drafted or traded for and refused to sign. Seriously one word OLOWOKANDI. I do not think Beasley will be as good as Butler but I would also want to do a sign and trade with Atlanta for Smith.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan
 
adiedanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Covina,Ca
Posts: 921
adiedanny has decent reputation
Default Re: Maggette for Turkoglu, Mobley and our Lottery pick for ???

We have to see how Livingston will hold up to really take a deep look at what can and need to do.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:46 AM   #7
sdavis1781
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 59
sdavis1781 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Maggette for Turkoglu, Mobley and our Lottery pick for ???

I think Livingston has a lot of talent but not sure if he was ready for the pros. He needs to put on 20 more pounds or hes going to keep getting pushed around and hurt. Cant be 6'7 170, and thats what he was as a rookie. With this injury to him I can see him always fearing getting hurt.. I hope im wrong and he can be a 12ppg, 10ast. guy.. J.Smith of Atlanta is a good player but will be getting a big contract somewhere next year..

Clippers have good leverage right now to make some trades..Maggette is one option and a lottery pick that can include dumping mobleys wasted 8 mill a year contract is another..
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:01 AM   #8
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan
 
adiedanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Covina,Ca
Posts: 921
adiedanny has decent reputation
Default Re: Maggette for Turkoglu, Mobley and our Lottery pick for ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis1781
I think Livingston has a lot of talent but not sure if he was ready for the pros. He needs to put on 20 more pounds or hes going to keep getting pushed around and hurt. Cant be 6'7 170, and thats what he was as a rookie. With this injury to him I can see him always fearing getting hurt.. I hope im wrong and he can be a 12ppg, 10ast. guy.. J.Smith of Atlanta is a good player but will be getting a big contract somewhere next year..

Clippers have good leverage right now to make some trades..Maggette is one option and a lottery pick that can include dumping mobleys wasted 8 mill a year contract is another..
Why not sign Smith to a big contract with us via a sign and trade.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 AM   #9
sdavis1781
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 59
sdavis1781 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Maggette for Turkoglu, Mobley and our Lottery pick for ???

Smith is a great athlete and is getting better on his shot, I wouldnt mind havin him as long as we got a good shooter, aslo. a 20 ppg guy that shoots around 48%. Or Smith might be another Maggette ( thats not a bad thing) but we might be in the same spot. Yea J.Smith is better on board and blocks.

We let Maggette go for a few low players for cap space. Trade Mobley, Lottery pick for C. Buttler( im stuck on Buttler right now, Plus the wizz might lose Arenas and, Jamison unless they give some more big contracts.) Then Sign Smith to a nice contract. Brand should stay since he got hurt, teams might not want to toss big money his way just yet..Just need a point. If not Butler, then a good 3 point shooter. M. Miller or M. Redd.haha
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:42 AM   #10
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan
 
adiedanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Covina,Ca
Posts: 921
adiedanny has decent reputation
Default Re: Maggette for Turkoglu, Mobley and our Lottery pick for ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis1781
Smith is a great athlete and is getting better on his shot, I wouldnt mind havin him as long as we got a good shooter, aslo. a 20 ppg guy that shoots around 48%. Or Smith might be another Maggette ( thats not a bad thing) but we might be in the same spot. Yea J.Smith is better on board and blocks.

We let Maggette go for a few low players for cap space. Trade Mobley, Lottery pick for C. Buttler( im stuck on Buttler right now, Plus the wizz might lose Arenas and, Jamison unless they give some more big contracts.) Then Sign Smith to a nice contract. Brand should stay since he got hurt, teams might not want to toss big money his way just yet..Just need a point. If not Butler, then a good 3 point shooter. M. Miller or M. Redd.haha
yeah your right we really need a good shooter and I will take Miller over Mgz anyday. I'm stuck on Caron as well, just look his numbers.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 18,597
qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Maggette for Turkoglu, Mobley and our Lottery pick for ???

When it comes to Josh Smith, I can't see the Hawks giving him up unless he wants more then they offer, which, then we'll need to overpay to get him. Plus, he's an athletic 3/4, and we all know what Dunleavy thinks of them[Singleton, Wilcox]. Butler, I'd like, but with the season he's having, and how the Wiz stole him, also can't see him go. With all these trades that happened though, anything can go on.

A trade I personally I want to see: Maggette[OR Cassell] to Phoenix for TPE & Atlanta first round pick. We get a first for one of those guys, save salary big time, give someone like Diaz a chance to earn a contract for next season, and add another pick in what should be a very intriguing draft.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #12
sdavis1781
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 59
sdavis1781 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Maggette for Turkoglu, Mobley and our Lottery pick for ???

Yea I see what your saying qrich to get draft picks, but I'm just sick of getting rookies. I'm tired of waiting 3 year until they step up and develop(90% of our rookies never step up), then they go to another team. I just don't like the rookies we pick 99% of the time. I just cant see how any Clipper fan would want draft picks. It never works out for us, that's why I'm for trading them for talent if its possible.

Memphis wants to dump its big contracts so the owner can sell the team. Trade Maggette for Mike Miller, then Mag can sign with someone else next year, Memphis can have no team and we get a shooter..
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy