Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 08-05-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.
Default what could have been..

..if we hadn't traded for jammal magloire in the first place. we could have just kept desmond mason which i think we should have, or traded him. we easily could have traded his and our pick which turned out to be cedric simmons for something better than jammal magloire. could have picked up marcus williams

williams, williams
redd, bell, grier, welsh?
simmons, noel, markota?, illoysa?
villanueva, smith
bogut, gadzuric

how great would that be?
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
KF4L
Banned

KF4L has no real reputation yet.

pretty good team, i'm not sure why you guys got Magloire in the first place
KF4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #3
Lotsadimes
I airball my layups

Lotsadimes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk
..if we hadn't traded for jammal magloire in the first place. we could have just kept desmond mason which i think we should have, or traded him. we easily could have traded his and our pick which turned out to be cedric simmons for something better than jammal magloire. could have picked up marcus williams

williams, williams
redd, bell, grier, welsh?
simmons, noel, markota?, illoysa?
villanueva, smith
bogut, gadzuric

how great would that be?

Doesn't look better then what we got now and isn't Welsh playing in Spain? This dude wants us to run with players not even good enough for the league anymore and think we'll improve.
Lotsadimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #4
PFunk

first off dude that's why i put the ??'s behind some of the guys..like uhh welsh, and how could you say that you wouldn't rather have someone like marcus williams instead of skinner, ha, and blake? i did forget we'd still have mason. i guess this guy would rather have essentialy blake and skinner over desmond mason and marcus williams. sounds like someone good to run the knicks..haha
Old 09-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #5
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

In the end we got less for Magloire than we gave for him, but I'm still happy with the initial trade. Desmond Mason is not the Desmond from 2003/04. His shooting was awful in training camp and the preseason. I was crossing my fingers that we could trade him away before other teams found out how much he had deteriorated, and then Magloire came along and rescued us.

Remember that if we didn't do the trade, Terry would have run Simmons at PF a lot more. That's what he did all through the preseason. I don't think we would have made the playoffs.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #6
PFunk

Looking back at what I posted... I still think that we would have been better. The main reason that Simmons at power forward didn't work in the postseason was we were matched against the Pistons. No conventional small forward could compete against Sheed and McDyess. The thing I'm saying is would you have traded Mason for essentially Blake and SKinner? Not me.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:09 AM   #7
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Did you watch Mason last year? He was awful! The Mason that we gave up wasn't the high flighing defense playing 6th man of the year candidate from 2003. We gave away the no-jumpshot having overly bulked up Mason of 2005. No big loss.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #8
PFunk

Default rabble rabble

true Mason was overrated when we traded him, as was Magloire. But I'll just say is the Bucks only have Bogut, Villanueva, Simmons, Redd, and Gadzuric under contract next season. Kirk Hinrich anyone?
Old 10-29-2006, 08:44 PM   #9
adamcz
Bucks fan

We won't be able to offer Kirk the max unless we get rid of Simmons or Gadz somehow. If we offer him just $8 million or something, the Bulls will simply match, and we will have offended Mo for no reason.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: