Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
fbballrookie
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Conley or Jack

I have five moves left in my league. I saw Conley is back in the starting five for Memphis and had a decent line. I was thinking of dropping Robinson for him. Is this a good move? Or do I just stay put? Robinson kills me with his FG% and I am already tanking FT% b/c of Howard. The only other guard of decent value on the waiver wire is Jack. But I'm thinking he's way too inconsistent to pick him up and Jones return after the ASB will cut into his stats and possible playing time. We have 7 cats in our league (FG & FT%, PTS, AST's, REB, St's, and 3's).

Here's my team:

guards: Iggy, Williams, Gordon, Bibby, Foye, & Robinson
Forwards, R. Lewis, Gay, McDyess, and Jefferson
Centers: Bogut, Howard, and Brand
fbballrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

Default Re: Conley or Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbballrookie
I have five moves left in my league. I saw Conley is back in the starting five for Memphis and had a decent line. I was thinking of dropping Robinson for him. Is this a good move? Or do I just stay put? Robinson kills me with his FG% and I am already tanking FT% b/c of Howard. The only other guard of decent value on the waiver wire is Jack. But I'm thinking he's way too inconsistent to pick him up and Jones return after the ASB will cut into his stats and possible playing time. We have 7 cats in our league (FG & FT%, PTS, AST's, REB, St's, and 3's).

Here's my team:

guards: Iggy, Williams, Gordon, Bibby, Foye, & Robinson
Forwards, R. Lewis, Gay, McDyess, and Jefferson
Centers: Bogut, Howard, and Brand

i dont see randy foye returning to form any time soon. robinson will have his moments but foye will be hard pressed to get time from jaric and telfair. i think instead of dropping robinson you can drop foye, or both; for now.
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

What cats do you need?

Nate's mins are going to be up and down unless there are more major injuries in NY. He'll offer scoring and threes, with a few steals, but Nate's not going to bring a lot to the table for you in any kind of consistency.

Conley on the other hand looked very impressive last night. He looked like a mini Chris Paul while playing against Chris Paul. He's got a lot of maturing to do, but his instincts are going to let him keep the starting gig for the rest of the way I'd guess, as Lowry saw almost no time last night. Conley should consistently get 10 points, five boards and five assists, sprinkled with a three and a steal each night give or take.

If you need explosive scoring or threes, go with Nate. If you need consistency, %'s and dimes, go with Conley. If you need a nightmare, keep Foye. Like chuckyboy, I'd rather have Nate and Conley than Foye.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
fbballrookie

I need help in the cats you mentioned. FG%, dimes, and steals. I do OK in assists and stelas but it would just solidify those cats for me. I think Robinson just hurts me more than he helps me, particularly if his minutes are going to be up and down.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbballrookie
I need help in the cats you mentioned. FG%, dimes, and steals. I do OK in assists and stelas but it would just solidify those cats for me. I think Robinson just hurts me more than he helps me, particularly if his minutes are going to be up and down.

So are Foye's, and at times they are limited to even less than Nate's are. I just like the ability to have Nate's explosiveness over Foye's 9/3/3, but if fg% is a concern I can see why you're apprehensive about Nate. Either way, you need to own Conley over either of them IMO, so drop one of them for Mike. Good luck.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
fbballrookie

Thanks guys. I dropped Robinson for Conley.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: