Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 02-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default am I the only who could care less about LeBron MVP talk?

I hate this point in the season. I really do. I'm forgetting about games being on (the Cavs played Atlanta on Friday? Didn't even realize until I saw the box score). The trades are interesting, but overall, this is the point in the season where things are dragging along. There's alot of boring, pointless chatter on the talk shows, and in the main forum at times. Part of that revolves around MVP talk. Am I the only one who could care less about LeBron and MVP talk? Ask Dirk Nowitzki what winning MVP means. I just want my team to win, and for moves to be made to make us better. MVP is such an intangible thing. Winning basketball games is concrete. What does it mean at the end of the day? Who won the 1999 MVP? What about in 1992? Noone remembers these sort of things.

It would be nice if LeBron can pull it of, but I'm not obsessed or anything about it. I just don't place a lot of stock in the award, but maybe that's just me....
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: am I the only who could care less about LeBron MVP talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I hate this point in the season. I really do. I'm forgetting about games being on (the Cavs played Atlanta on Friday? Didn't even realize until I saw the box score). The trades are interesting, but overall, this is the point in the season where things are dragging along. There's alot of boring, pointless chatter on the talk shows, and in the main forum at times. Part of that revolves around MVP talk. Am I the only one who could care less about LeBron and MVP talk? Ask Dirk Nowitzki what winning MVP means. I just want my team to win, and for moves to be made to make us better. MVP is such an intangible thing. Winning basketball games is concrete. What does it mean at the end of the day? Who won the 1999 MVP? What about in 1992? Noone remembers these sort of things.

It would be nice if LeBron can pull it of, but I'm not obsessed or anything about it. I just don't place a lot of stock in the award, but maybe that's just me....

I haven't really kept up with the Cavs on t.v. period this season. I follow them every day in the newspaper, and on this board and such, but I couldn't be bothered to watch them.

I feel like last season was an embarrassment the way we were handled in the Finals, and I feel like it's a long shot that we'll get back. I'm completely frustrated with our front office's inability to make intelligent decisions.

As for the MVP thing? The whole award process just pisses me off. The award is supposed to go to the league's Most Valuable Player. Instead, it has to go to the best guy on a WINNING team. Which is about retarded.

Nobody generates more money for the NBA or puts up better stats consistently than Mr. James, no matter what I think of him or the Cavs. He shouldn't be penalized because the Cavs front office can't put the right pieces with him.

He should have gotten the award the last 2 years, if not 3, but he didn't because his record and team wasn't impressive enough.

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that the award is a complete joke.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

if Lebron winning the MVP trophy could somehow give larry hughes a jumpshot, or mike brown an offensive mind, then i would care. since it doesn't, W's and L's is all i care about as a cav fan
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've been a Cavs fan since '99. And have been a LBJ fan ever since I saw him play in high school for the state championship against my school (Roger Bacon) when I was a junior there.

At this point, I really don't care if LBJ wins the MVP or not rightnow, what I am more worried about is if LBJ is going to turn into Kevin Garnett or Tracy McGrady and be so fed of not having the right supporting cast around him he'll want to leave in the next few years because he feels Cleveland and more noteably Danny Ferry not making the right decesions to get a support casting around him.

I like the Cavs big men, but I feel they need another scorer to help James and take some of the pressure off him early in games, or at least a true point guard.

I got kind of excited a couple years ago when talk of Michael Redd coming to Cleveland could happen, or Mike Bibby.

As a Cavs fan I honestly felt they couldn't go as deep in the playoffs as they went last year...I was impressed and happy they got as far as they did.

But with last year being a failure (in all honesty if you don't win a NBA championship when you get into the final round it's a failure) how did they honestly think James would have the right supporting cast this year without making any big changes? They basically almost have the same roster last year with a few exceptions, that aren't getting much playing time right now anyway.

I hope in 2-3 years they get someone good to help support James. The same way Shaq/Kobe went, and Jordan/Pippen went. James cannot do this by himself, but by-god he really tried hard last year.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: