Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 02-14-2008, 12:10 AM   #1
warriorsfan623
Decent playground baller

warriorsfan623 has an OK reputation so far
Default gasol for west

ive been offered david west for my pau gasol? should i do it?
warriorsfan623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
nOboDy kNoWs
I brick open layups

nOboDy kNoWs has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: gasol for west

yes. once bynum is back, Gasol's numbers will decrease.
nOboDy kNoWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOboDy kNoWs
yes. once bynum is back, Gasol's numbers will decrease.
That's what im thinking too...his scoring will probably remain around the same ..but his other numbers will decrease..When Bynum returns..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Does West only have PF eligibility? That's the only reason I'd say not to do this trade - with you only having five starters in your league, Pau's PF/C eligibility makes him more valuable in my eyes than West, especially since the numbers are almost identical.

Gasol will be an interesting guy once Bynum is back. With Kobe, Lamar, Pau and Bynum all looking for shots, there wont be enough to go around. I dont think Pau's numbers will take a huge hit, as he'll be able to dominate most opposing PFs (especially with Bynum running with him) but West would probably be a safer and more consistent play for the rest of the way.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
warriorsfan623
Decent playground baller

warriorsfan623 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
Does West only have PF eligibility? That's the only reason I'd say not to do this trade - with you only having five starters in your league, Pau's PF/C eligibility makes him more valuable in my eyes than West, especially since the numbers are almost identical.

Gasol will be an interesting guy once Bynum is back. With Kobe, Lamar, Pau and Bynum all looking for shots, there wont be enough to go around. I dont think Pau's numbers will take a huge hit, as he'll be able to dominate most opposing PFs (especially with Bynum running with him) but West would probably be a safer and more consistent play for the rest of the way.

yea west is only a pf..thats why im a little hesitant to do this trade. i also believe bynums return would hurt gasols value. im going to do a little more research on this.
warriorsfan623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #6
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

nkjordan23 has an OK reputation so far

There are so many ways to look at the effects Bynum will have on Gasols value. I could see him getting more assists and more boards on the offensive glass because Bynum will be getting a lot of attention as well. I dont think points should be a concern as much as the other cats. His FG/FT% will remain great and he'll still get a few dimes every night. What you are really trying to figure out are his boards and blocks and in a worst case scenerio, he will average 6-8 boards I think. Hes still going to get his block or two I think regardless.

You also need to keep an eye on Odom. He could be dealt for a PG. I have heard many rumors in the last month or so with him being the key guy in an LA deal.

As far as the West trade, I think you could get just a little bit more. West is a good back up plan though if you are desperate and really think Gasol's value will diminish. Its tough to say who to shoot for though cause I dont think you could get someone like Bosh or Boozer. I guess West is a solid trade off, but maybe you could get a 2 for 2 with the second guy being a little better than the guy you are trading.
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
LakerHaterHater
I airball my layups

LakerHaterHater has an OK reputation so far

i would keep pau
LakerHaterHater is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: