Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 02-16-2008, 04:28 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

Default Trades?

Well, we all know that Jersey might want to dump these two and build around RJeff, so why don't we make a push for them? If we can keep Al and Kaman, we can build ourselves a solid team with having Kidd|Carter|Al|PF|Kaman next season..a few deals I came up with:

Deal #1:
Quote:
New Jersey Nets In|Los Angeles Clippers Out: Aaron Williams, Cuttino Mobley, Corey Maggette, Elton Brand, Sam Cassell, Wolves 1st Round Pick, Rights to Sofoklis, 2008 2nd Round Pick

Los Angeles Clippers In|New Jersey Nets Out: Jason Kidd, Vince Carter

Why for the Nets? Simply a huge salary dump for them. If they can retain Brand and are able to S&T Maggette, unless they'd prefer to keep him, they can have a solid squad next season with Marcus|??|RJeff|Brand|Krstic.

Why for the Clips? We get ourselves one of the best point guards ever and a big name in Carter. Sure, Vince is due a lot of money, but he will bring in enough fans, sale enough jerseys and can help this team get some W's. Kidd|Carter|Thornton|??|Kaman.

If needed, add in the rights to swap picks for 2009 & 2010.

Deal #2:
Quote:
Boston Celtics Out: James Posey, Brian Scalabrine, 2008 2nd Round Pick
Boston Celtics In: Sam Cassell

Sammy goes to Boston like many believe he wants, and the Celts don't really give up anything. Posey can be waived, then sign with Boston in 30 days...like Stack wanted to do..but can't anymore.

New Jersey Out: Vince Carter, James Kidd
New Jersey In: Cuttino Mobley, Corey Maggette, Elton Brand, Aaron Williams, 2008 Boston & LAC 2nd Round Picks, Rights to Sofoklis, Wolves 1st Rounder

Again, the Nets just cut salary, but if they can retain Elton, they will have themselves a dangerous inside/outside duo.

LA Clips Out: Aaron Williams, Cuttino Mobley, Corey Maggette, Elton Brand, Sam Cassell, 2008 2nd Rounder, Wolves 1st Rounder, Sofoklis rights
LA Clips In: Brian Scalabrine, Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, James Posey

Same reason as before. Posey is waived/bought out. Scala might have a lengthy deal, but he can provide decent enough depth for this squad.
PG: Kidd | Knight | Livingston
SG: Carter | Diaz
SF: Thornton | Ross
PF: Thomas | Powell
CE: Kaman | Davis

Don't kill me
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Default Re: JKidd + Carter?

No way, VC is not championship material. His points are exactly like Maggette's points, not team productive. He does not help his team at all. Now I do think he is better than Maggette but I do not agree with this trade because it involves Brand. I would like a to trade Maggette for a shooter so Thornton can be the starting SF next to Brand.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

Kidds contract is to big and he is getting to old. Vince is slowing down, I acutally traded Vince carter in my fantasy league for Maggette and their numbers are about the same. I would like to see the Clippers get younger guys, but not rookies.

Kidd and Carter have proved they are great but cant win together. I would rather go after J.Calderon then Kidd. Calderon is 8 years younger will be cheaper, hes not as good as kidd but can give us what we need.. Now instead of V.Carter I would rather go after M.Redd. Redd cant be happy there anymore. his pay is a bit higher then V.Carter but we save by getting Calderon. Plus Millwaukee might want to dump him and rebuild Redds not working for them..Vince is a high flyer whos legs seem to be going a bit, Redd is a good shooter who can last longer.

Redd will spread the floor with his 3s. Kaman/Brand both have low post and 10-12ft range, Thorton mid-range game and becoming a slasher. Calderon can shoot 3s and drive and dish. If livingston come back he will make a great back up, a spark off the bench.

We give up Maggette, Mobley, 1st round pick and A.Williams to make this stuff happen.

Kaman
Brand
Thorton
Redd
Calderon
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

Or we go cheaper and try to get M.Miller for maggette maybe they will throw in Warrick somehow..If Thorton is the new slasher then we need solid shooters..They are trying to sell the team plus R.Gay is their future. so let them dump some more guys.. we have more room to sign Calderon and a few bench guys that way..
Old 02-16-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
qrich
King Heno

I don't think we can get JC unless we overpay, something I don't want to do.

Yeah, we give up Elton in this deal, but we can swap him with Kaman as well. I know JKidd and VC are big deals and getting up their in age, but team them up with Thornton and Kaman or Brand and you got a solid squad. Redd is something intruiging..came up with this, although I highly doubt Milwaukee does it.

Link
Grizzlies Out: Juan Carlos Navarro, Kyle Lowry
Grizzlies In: Charlie Villanueva, Brevin Knight, Nick Fazekas, Rights to Renaldes Seibutus

Why? They acquired JCN due to Pau, now with him off the squad, they can deal him. Conley seems to be their choice for the PG of the future, so Lowry is expandable. In the deal, they add themsleves another nice tweener in Villa to go alongside Warrick and Gay, Fazekas is someone that can spread the floor and Brevin can really help out Conley. Renaldes is an interesting prospect.

Mavericks Out: Nick Fazekas, Jose Juan Barea, Eddie Jones, Maurice Ager, Jerry Stackhouse, Rights to Renaldas Seibutis, Cash to buy-out Stackhouse
Mavericks In: Eddie Jones, Sam Cassell

Sammy is no Jason Kidd, but he has the swagger to help keep the Mavs competitive in the West. Eddie Jones can just be waived and re-inked by the Mavericks. And they swap Stack with Mason, who has a much more cap-friendly contract.

Bucks Out: Charlie Villanueva, Jake Voskuhl, Michael Redd, David Noel, Desmond Mason
Bucks In: Corey Maggette, Josh Powell, Eddie Jones, Jose Juan Barea, Maurice Ager, Jerry Stackhouse, Cash to buy-out Stack.

Redd might be unhappy with what is going on, and with already having Williams, Yi and Bell to shoot, they add themsleves one of the best slashers in the entire league. Barea, Ager and Powell both can be very solid key bench players for the Bucks in the future.

Clippers Out: Corey Maggette, Josh Powell, Brevin Knight, Sam Cassell
Clippers In: Michael Redd, Kyle Lowry, Juan Carlos Navarro, David Noel, Jake Voshkul

Simple, we get ourselves two nice point guard prospects, one of the best shooters in the entire league and someone who was a high flyer in college. And at what price? Two expirings, which basically leaves Knight and Powell.

PG: Kyle Lowry | JCN | Livingston
SG: Michael Redd | Cuttino Mobley
SF: Al Thornton | Quinton Ross | David Noel
PF: Elton Brand | Tim Thomas
CE: Chris Kaman | Jake Voshkul

We might need to throw our pick to the Bucks, maybe have a pick-swap, which I'll still do.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:12 AM   #6
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

Default Re: Trades?

I would want to overpay a little on JC, instead of giving Kidd 21mill a year. Plus Kidd would never want to come here..He would be in the same spot he is now..He needs to go to a playoff team thats lacking the final piece. What do you think JC offers are going to be? Getting Redd would be fun, but I still would want to dump mobley and his contract.. I think we could get M.Miller now, then maybe use him to trade for M.Redd over summer, that will give the Bucks room to sign other guys, plus throw in others to make it happen..
Old 02-17-2008, 04:40 AM   #7
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

As much as everybody hates Mobley's contract you have to admit he is great off the bench and he is pretty durable. He gets injured but he does not take a long period of time to recover. I would rather see Thomas leave. Qrich I usually see eye to eye with you but not if you involve EB in any trade. I understand we need to make some changes but he is the face of our franchise. We need to keep EB, Kaman, Thornton and Livingston(I'm keeping the faith) no matter what. All the others(except if we can sign Ross on the cheap) can be used for any potential trades.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #8
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

Yea Mobley is good off the bench I just wish he had J.Salmons, or L.Barbosa type of contract.. Drop him and we have a lot of room to sign a player worth 9 mill a year. Is there a site where we can see upcoming free agents?

Trade maggette
Dump mobleys contract
Trade our draft pick

We should be able to get a lot of talent that way.

What about Maggetter for D.Granger? We were going to draft Granger but they went for Yaroslav Korolev, we waisted that in 05. Thats if Pacers would go for it.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:57 AM   #9
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis1781
Yea Mobley is good off the bench I just wish he had J.Salmons, or L.Barbosa type of contract.. Drop him and we have a lot of room to sign a player worth 9 mill a year. Is there a site where we can see upcoming free agents?

Trade maggette
Dump mobleys contract
Trade our draft pick

We should be able to get a lot of talent that way.

What about Maggetter for D.Granger? We were going to draft Granger but they went for Yaroslav Korolev, we waisted that in 05. Thats if Pacers would go for it.
I'm still hoping we can get Barbosa for Cassell.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #10
vood002
I brick open layups

I definately wouldn't trade Brand, Kaman, or Thornton. These guys are the nucleus to build around.

We need someone to run the team. IMHO, they kicked ass in 05-06 b/c brand was in the best shape of his life and was tearing everyone up, and because Cassell came with a swagger and really made them believe that they could win. Cassell is too old now, we need someone with that swagger for 30-35 minutes a night, every night.

How many players in the league can bring that kind of game? Not too many. How many could we trade for? Almost none.

My proposal: trade Livingston and Maggette for Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu, and someone else to match salaries (lets get Maurice Evans or JJ Reddick up in here).

Before you all post angry retorts: Livingston just doesn't look like he's ever going to get it done. At least not here. I don't think he's the guy. He got to play pretty consistently in 06/07 and just didnt make that much progress. If he comes back and is healthy long enough to gain some trade value, I think we should cash in.

Nelson has been on the decline in Orlando, I think he just needs a change of scenery. He's a great pure PG who can pass and score. And I think Turkoglu is heavily underrated, and still young (29 or 30) which surprises me since he seemed that old when he was playing for Sacramento. He would bring more to this team than Maggette does. Turkoglu can create shots for other guys, which Maggette can not.

I would trade Maggette for Turkoglu straight up in a second...i'm less sure about the nelson/livingston side of it.

That said, if we could get Jose Calderon for Livingston or maggette it'd be a heist. I don't see it happening tho.
vood002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #11
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

If we had Calderon and Turkoglu that would be a good team..I would be for that
Old 02-29-2008, 03:21 AM   #12
qrich
King Heno

With Maggette most likely leaving this offseason...I think we should talk to the Hawks about a Maggette/2nd for Childress/Law swap. Take Budinger with our pick unless we end up top 3, then Gordon/Beasley/Rose if they declare. Resign Elton, Ross, Livingston and pick up Powell's option along with bringing Sofoklis over and using our MLE for whatever else we need/want.

2008/09 Depth Chart:
PG: Acie Law IV | Brevin Knight | Shaun Livingston
SG: Josh Childress | Cuttino Mobley
SF: Al Thornton | Chase Budinger | Quinton Ross
PF: Elton Brand | Tim Thomas | Sofoklis
CE: Chris Kaman | Josh Powell

Point-Guard rotation can be adjusted depending on Shaun's health. Childress can learn a lot from Mobley, as can Law IV. We still lack a sharpshooter though, wonder if we can get Barry to come after he wins a ring with the Spurs this year...but will he want to leave that?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: