Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 02-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #1
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Eric Gordon

This guy doesn't seem to have his own thread yet, but he deserves it. I think this guy is gonna be a great NBA player, especially in the right situation. He can have the type of impact that Brandon Roy had too.

If the Nets dump Kidd and Carter in the end, I hope the Nets could get this guy, he's going to be a monster in the league for a long time...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation
Default Re: Eric Gordon

he could be Brandon Roy or.................. Dajuan Wagner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

He will be an outstanding shooting guard in 2 years if he'd drafted in a rebuilding team and plays as a starter. Hope the Nets could draft him.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far

Eric Gordon doesn't have the passing ability and vision of a Brandon Roy. Gordon is scorer that plays tough defense. I see him as a Ben Gordon type player at best but probably closer to Keith Bogans.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:40 AM   #5
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

People need to remember that Gordon is a freshman while Roy was a senior. There is no reason to think that with 3 more years in college Gordon wouldn't be a much better ball handler, passer, and defender. With this kind of freshman year, he could be a 30/5/5 guy as a senior. Of course we will never find out, but this guy is far ahead of Roy at this point in their careers.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
People need to remember that Gordon is a freshman while Roy was a senior. There is no reason to think that with 3 more years in college Gordon wouldn't be a much better ball handler, passer, and defender. With this kind of freshman year, he could be a 30/5/5 guy as a senior. Of course we will never find out, but this guy is far ahead of Roy at this point in their careers.

In Roy's freshman year at Washington, he played a tad over 20 minutes a game, so his numbers are deceiving. Roy is a complete player meaning he can a lot of things well like pass, score, shoot, rebound, and defend. Gordon will have a hard time scoring against NBA shooting guards in the league. If he can transition to an NBA point guard, then his ceiling is much higher than if he was a shooting guard. Roy can legitimately play the point guard spot with no problems.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:33 AM   #7
monthh
Local High School Star

All I am saying is that if you want to talk about things you can't change such as height, then knock Gordon all you want compared to Roy, but on the court, Gordon is way ahead of Roy at 19 or 20 years old. Roy wasn't leading a top 15 team as a freshman. Gordon is one of the best scoring gaurds in college basketball, period, freshman or not, in years. I am not saying Gordon will be as good as Roy, I am just saying that it isn't fair to compare a 22 year old senior to a 19 year old freshman in terms of how complete their games are.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #8
Irk Woodsman
I airball my layups

Irk Woodsman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
He will be an outstanding shooting guard in 2 years if he'd drafted in a rebuilding team and plays as a starter. Hope the Nets could draft him.
sounds like he needs to stay in Indiana and play for the Pacers
Irk Woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Is Eric Gordon really 6'5? In the UConn game earleir in the season and he was standing next to Austrie and there was no way he looked 6'5. He also looked pretty short against Purdue... anyone know his real height?
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #10
Irk Woodsman
I airball my layups

Irk Woodsman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Is Eric Gordon really 6'5? In the UConn game earleir in the season and he was standing next to Austrie and there was no way he looked 6'5. He also looked pretty short against Purdue... anyone know his real height?
Wiki has him at 6'3.5", most places have him at 6'4". Maybe he just looks shorter cause he's always ducking his head a bit going into a crowd to draw a foul.:)
Irk Woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #11
Raindrops
I hit open layups

Raindrops has an OK reputation so far

The problem I have with Gordon is that even at the college level it doesnt seem like he goes by people very easily. He is an excellent shooter and a great leaper, but just looks like he never gets around the first defender very easily, which obviously would be even harder in the NBA.
Raindrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #12
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well if he does not get by he just pops the J, like he did against UConn, but it stopped when we got Robinson to actually stay in his face and not give him 20ft. to shoot.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:16 PM   #13
monthh
Local High School Star

The games I have seen he is actually pretty good at getting to the hoop. He is strong and has a good first step. I don't think he has the speed of Wade, but I think because he has a better outside shot teams will have to play up on him more, allowing him an extra step to get buy. I don't think he will have too much trouble scoring in the NBA, the thing will be keeping him strong when bigger guys are physical with him and he gets hit hard inside. He can't shy away from contact and just shoot 3's, but he can't just go full speed inside like Wade and be injured a lot.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #14
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

His game, and impact will be like Ben Gordon. Good shooter/scorer, but not a PG. Defensively he'll be a liability unless paired up with a bigger PG.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #15
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

i think in all aspects eric gordon is better than ben gordon.. he can be a mitch richmond type but richmond is taller and has more beef .. but hops i think they are the same when it comes to shooting cant really tell the difference i mean range wise gordon can fare up with anyone in the nba right now ...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: