Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Despite His Latest Good Play...Are The Lakers Looking To Move Odom?

: chicagotribune : February 18, 2008
Sam Smith | On Pro Basketball

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....6095016.column

Quote:
Lake show isn't over
The Lakers may not be done tinkering with their roster.

The word is they don't believe Odom can be that ultimate small forward to defend the wing and shoot from distance along the front line when Andrew Bynum returns.

The Lakers are said to be looking hard for a more traditional small forward with shooting range. Perhaps the Wizards' Caron Butler, who was injured and couldn't play in Sunday's All-Star Game.

Ron Artest, traveling man
Though Ron "If It's Monday, I Want To Be in Denver" Artest now says he sees himself staying in Sacramento, the Kings are working feverishly to get him out of California's capital. The Nuggets and Knicks are the teams most often mentioned.

The Lakers previously had expressed interest in Artest, who resembles the more classic defensive small forward they seek, but there's fear his unrestrained offensive thinking will upset the Lakers' balance.

Is This Just Reporters Making Something Out Of Nothing.... Or The Lakers Seriously Considering Making A Move?
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Despite His Latest Good Play...Are The Lakers Looking To Move Odom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....6095016.column

Is This Just Reporters Making Something Out Of Nothing.... Or The Lakers Seriously Considering Making A Move?

Its hard to say, there will always be trade rumors coming out of Los Angeles. It very may well be a possibility, not that I want it to happen. Trevor is pretty good against the wing so Im not sure why they feel the need to trade Odom and teach this offense to somebody else all over again.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

It's a Sam Smith article. His entire journalistic career is based on crazy trade rumors/speculation, so take it with a grain of salt. He's entertaining, though.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #4
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
It's a Sam Smith article. His entire journalistic career is based on crazy trade rumors/speculation, so take it with a grain of salt. He's entertaining, though.

I was not aware of that, its good to know.

He's like a more entertaining and less annoying Buchner?

Last edited by ZeN : 02-18-2008 at 01:19 PM.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I was not aware of that, its good to know.

He's like a more entertaining and less annoying Buchner?

I live in Chicago... Smith is a good writer, but I don't think one of his trade speculation articles has ever mateialized into a trade....he likes to just come up with stuff in his head that he beleives to be true and basically does it for fun... he definitely didn't get any of that info from the Lakers FO...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

no, nuff said...
the guy has made a career out of being wrong...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I highly doubt a deal is going down this season. But I wouldnt be surprised if it happens in the offseason. LO really doesnt do the things a conventional sf should do. Hes not a good perimeter defender and I cringe everytime he shoots a 3. Really makes you go like "damn we shoudve kept Butler!". Butler is a perfect prototype small forard. Underrated defender, decent shot, and he still gets boards. LO has been playing well for us and wether he stays or leaves will be decided by how he meshes with both gasol and bynum in the starting line up and how we do in the playoffs. I say hes going to be shopped hard in the offseason if we dont get out of the 2nd round...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #8
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thanks to this forum I have learned about this Smith guy and I agree this guy has wacky unfounded trade ideas, however, he may have helped us get Gasol.

He reported that the Lakers were looking into sending Kwame and Vlad to CHI for Ben Wallace. The owner of the Griz admitted that he was worried that the Lakers were going to send Kwame in a Ben Wallace package and that forced him to really step up his efforts to get a deal done as he really wanted Kwame's expiring deal.

Back to the Odom trade rumors. I believe the Lakers aren't pushing to move Odom, rather feeling out how accessible certain targeted small forwards are. If a deal can be made then thats great, otherwise they are perfectly happy to keep Lamar for this season.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:03 PM   #9
Crash
Its Showtime

Crash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this board

Caron for Lamar?

DO IT MITCH.... lol.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That trade would be an ultimate steal. i loved how easy it was for butler to play alongside Kobe and with Pau being another passing player, Butler would completely thrive in this system.

Only problem with this trade is Butler's position is much harder to learn as a new player mid-season so I think it might mess up our chemistry just a little bit, but then again Ariza did well coming to LA so I might be wrong.

I say we should try and pursue this trade, but if we cant get it done, I'm fine with Odom for now.

The thing is Sam smith said we would offer kwame and vlad for Ben W. and we ended up with Pau, Dont be surprised if we end up offering Lamar for Artest.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #11
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
That trade would be an ultimate steal. i loved how easy it was for butler to play alongside Kobe and with Pau being another passing player, Butler would completely thrive in this system.

Only problem with this trade is Butler's position is much harder to learn as a new player mid-season so I think it might mess up our chemistry just a little bit, but then again Ariza did well coming to LA so I might be wrong.

I say we should try and pursue this trade, but if we cant get it done, I'm fine with Odom for now.

The thing is Sam smith said we would offer kwame and vlad for Ben W. and we ended up with Pau, Dont be surprised if we end up offering Lamar for Artest.

I dont want to go with artest...beacause if we trade lamar for Artest.....we have to get back a bad contract....and artest being such a nut case...nobody know where he will go after the opt out.....for now I am happy with Odom...

If we get Butler...that would be a steal
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #12
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Odom isn't a true small foward and this isn't the first report of the Lakers possibly not being done. Artest is far more talented than Odom, especially on the defensive end which is where the Lakers need the most help. After the Gasol trade, I don't see another team helping out the Lakers that much. It would almost be like handing them the championship. With that I think we can end the Artest rumors, although I wouldn't say it isn't 100% impossible. What is impossible is trying to get him with the MLE like some people are posting. It will take a lot of money to sign him and the only way it would be possible would be to get rid of Odom. Artest is an extremely talented athlete, I jus6t hope he doesn't end up in Denver. That is going to be a great team (especially on the defensive end) if it does happen. The Lakers aren't going to be able to have Odom play at the 3 though. I'm more concerned about Kobe's hand than this issue. Odom at the 3 isn't necessarily an issue that hinders a chance at the finals, it's just the new ***** in the armor after the Gasol trade. Kobe's hand is a huge deal. If he's out the Lakers probably would have a hard time even making the playoffs. If he can't shoot well a championship probably wouldn't happen this year.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #13
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

What bet did you lose?
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #14
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Dont be surprised if we end up offering Lamar for Artest.

If you look at it from just a talent perspective it would help both teams. But like I stated before, I would think after the Gasol trade any other team is probably going to have a hard time helping the Lakers. Do you really think they could resign Artest after this season? If so how would it affect the cap? Artest has said he wants 15 million per season. He may not get quite that much but I believe he'll get over 10.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:59 AM   #15
Laker Magic 32
Kids at the park dunk on me

Laker Magic 32 has an OK reputation so far

Lamar value is in the playoffs...dont sell him short just yet.
Laker Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: